Raith Rovers v Elgin Town

RaithTheRover

A comfortable 3-2 victory for a full time team over a lower league part time team reduced to 10 men is what I’m reading.
Spoiler

200.gif&key=6e0c222fc826a1c5143f0c27c95d99da9227d7af724417fa1c573bab50987d00

A wins a win is a win...can only play against what’s in front of you etc. We’re also a hybrid and not fully full time...not that it matters mind you. Either way yon Elgin fan getting into a state over this result is amusing none the less. Hopefully it continues.

7 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

Stone wall penalty - the one advantage of being stuck in that corner is that it was directly in front of us. Clearly hits the upper arm.

You've destroyed your own statement.

The ball played the man, his arm was not in an unnatural position i.e. his arm was parallel with his body, this is why the referee didn't award a spot kick.

Ach, a win without even bothering our arse. A bit of a classic cup tie affair with a division between the sides, I’m sure Elgin will obsess over certain decisions and chances and what might’ve been, we don’t especially care about the game or what happened and will go through happily enough. Could’ve been 3-3, could’ve been 6-1. That’s the way it goes.

Good strike from McKay. As much as he isn’t the answer at RWB, he does have a good shot on him.

Don’t think we got any injuries, which is the main thing.

This

2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

You've destroyed your own statement.

The ball played the man, his arm was not in an unnatural position i.e. his arm was parallel with his body, this is why the referee didn't award a spot kick.

Sorry, should've typed more...  on my phone, lack of sleep, etc etc..

The ball struck his arm, the action of his arm moving towards the ball created this meeting - penalty.

However, it wasn't given, it was over twelve hours ago.. not an issue.  Move along.   Just annoyed at the time we got very few breaks from a TV - struck referee who seemed to crave the limelight.

Good luck in the next round.  Wrexham sounds a good away trip.. better than Sevco at whatever ground they play at..

26 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

It was a stonewall penalty. Still, if we didnt faff about so much passing across the back most of the time and showed more urgency we would have won by a couple more.

Get it forward Mcglynn. 

The passing along the back line has good and bad aspects. It creates space for us to play through the middle then out wide to the wing backs (and we are good at this) BUT it does mean the 3 centre halves are quite far apart at times - far enough apart for counters to cut through us if they're fast enough.

The fact is its here to stay this season and it's been more fruitful than not.

Edit - be interesting what happens when the goalie who's most comfortable at playing out from the back - Munro - goes back to County in January! 

Edited by pantene proV

Enjoyable night. What a lovely old ground Starks Park is. Probably my favourite of any I've been to (Borough Briggs aside of course) and imagine it's a great atmosphere when full. We had a great support for a Friday night too.

Thought we played well in spells but poor in others. Rash tackle from Omar but a red card? Not for me. Anyway, great effort from the players, big cup next week and we've already dealt with Alloa this season so no reason we can't again. Then the real focus of the league.

13 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

When’s the draw for the semis?

Wednesday AFAIK. Hope we get Wrexham away if they see off the Bear's Colts.

I reckon given our away form against lower league teams Elgin City would have papped us out at Borough Briggs.