Raith Rovers v Elgin Town

RaithTheRover

Ach, a win without even bothering our arse. A bit of a classic cup tie affair with a division between the sides, I’m sure Elgin will obsess over certain decisions and chances and what might’ve been, we don’t especially care about the game or what happened and will go through happily enough. Could’ve been 3-3, could’ve been 6-1. That’s the way it goes.

Good strike from McKay. As much as he isn’t the answer at RWB, he does have a good shot on him.

Don’t think we got any injuries, which is the main thing.

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

Ach, a win without even bothering our arse. A bit of a classic cup tie affair with a division between the sides, I’m sure Elgin will obsess over certain decisions and chances and what might’ve been, we don’t especially care about the game or what happened and will go through happily enough. Could’ve been 3-3, could’ve been 6-1. That’s the way it goes.

Good strike from McKay. As much as he isn’t the answer at RWB, he does have a good shot on him.

Don’t think we got any injuries, which is the main thing.

u were very lucky hope the ref has s nice night in your gaff

1 hour ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Just not our night. We gave a decent team a 2 goal start with awful defending and couldn’t quite get back on terms. The more I see the red card the more I’m convinced it’s a bad call but good luck to Raith in the semis!

not feck em

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Elgin, other than a wee flurry in either half, were absolutely awful. Had paid absolutely no attention to how we play and were happy for us to have the ball. 

We didn't get out of second gear but absolutely cruised it for the most part. 

3 goals scored by our youth players. Braw. 

u r a complete roaster mate out played for most of the game

Just in the door after a long, cold day...

Elgin pretty much shot themselves in the foot losing two really poor goals before they even started.

Stone wall penalty - the one advantage of being stuck in that corner is that it was directly in front of us. Clearly hits the upper arm.

Omar's tackle was never a red. Yellow possibly, I'm not actually sure he even touched the guy, but when you go down squealing like a pig it puts pressure on the referee.

Raith looked like a slightly more powerful version of Elgin - decent enough going forward, but poor defensively.

I did like the Elgin chant when Tony Dingwall was warming up in front of us of "Shite Russel Dingwall, you're just a shite Russell Dingwall"

Anyway... another cup tie next week..and here's a strange thing - it's at home!

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

They're no mugs going forward, these frustrating Highlanders.

Obviously, they disposed of your lot easily enough.

6 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

For me he’s thrown himself in with no hope of winning the ball. Sure he made a half hearted attempt to pull out, but his own reaction tells you he knows it could be given as a red.

Tv inconclusive but officials nearer so......

4 hours ago, elgin proud said:

u were very lucky hope the ref has s nice night in your gaff

oh!

u r a complete roaster mate out played for most of the game

well!??

u drunk best team lost

nope! sorry not having that one, maybe if you'd been at home but not over the 90.

Elgin have a couple of decent players but over the piece couldn't cut it, more so Raith didn't really play to their potential. At 3-1 down with 10 men you were  allowed back in to the game when it really should have been all over!