Raith Rovers v Elgin Town

RaithTheRover

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the deal with the first few rows of seats in the away stand?

Damaged seats in other parts fixed by scavenging those ones that are most at risk from play. They say they are looking for replacements.

Elgin, other than a wee flurry in either half, were absolutely awful. Had paid absolutely no attention to how we play and were happy for us to have the ball. 

We didn't get out of second gear but absolutely cruised it for the most part. 

3 goals scored by our youth players. Braw. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Elgin, other than a wee flurry in either half, were absolutely awful. Had paid absolutely no attention to how we play and were happy for us to have the ball. 

We didn't get out of second gear but absolutely cruised it for the most part. 

3 goals scored by our youth players. Braw. 

Before the red card Elgin had more good chances to score than Raith. Elgin were nowhere near their best either and your fans were asking for the final whistle against 10 men - hardly a glorious victory!

3 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Before the red card Elgin had more good chances to score than Raith. Elgin were nowhere near their best either and your fans were asking for the final whistle against 10 men - hardly a glorious victory!

I'm happy enough for teams to start playing when they are 2-0 down. We had more than enough in the tank to win that game, 10 or 11 men. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I'm happy enough for teams to start playing when they are 2-0 down. We had more than enough in the tank to win that game, 10 or 11 men. 

You won the game so fair play but I didn’t see anything in that team to suggest they were cruising - if anything they looked a little rattled towards the end.

1 minute ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

You won the game so fair play but I didn’t see anything in that team to suggest they were cruising - if anything they looked a little rattled towards the end.

Late goal would always lead to a late rally. In reality we had a couple good chances at 3-1 before the sending off, and two absolute sitters after it. 

Elgin threw bodies forward towards the end, and we dealt with it. 

The end of the first half was the big chance, felt we looked comfortable after the break and deservedly went through. 

All the best for the rest of the season. Elgin is a good away day and if we don't go up this year hope we at least get a trip up there. 

Elgin were a decent side, Sutherland looked a player.
As has been said we never got out of second gear.... but I’m not sure if we had it in us to up a gear had we needed to tonight.

Don’t think that was a red card either to be fair.

From a Rovers point of view, surely the players get frustrated with McKay playing right wing back- every time we start going forward and he gets it the play slows, stops and goes backwards as he puts his foot on the ball and plays it back or sideways. Kills any momentum.
I still think he’s a good player for this level but at CB, not wing back.

Finally, credit to anyone who went tonight, f**k that when it’s freezing and the game is on the telly!

24 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Just not our night. We gave a decent team a 2 goal start with awful defending and couldn’t quite get back on terms. The more I see the red card the more I’m convinced it’s a bad call but good luck to Raith in the semis!

Shocking decision......Dundee tink is a disgrace!!

Is this stonewall penalty the one that hit andos shoulder? Never a pen. Fairly comfortable night and as others have said we didn't need to get out of second gear. All the best to Elgin for the rest of the season. Was a good away support considering its a Friday night and was on TV.

Is this stonewall penalty the one that hit andos shoulder? Never a pen. Fairly comfortable night and as others have said we didn't need to get out of second gear. All the best to Elgin for the rest of the season. Was a good away support considering its a Friday night and was on TV.

It 100% hits his arm and is definitely a definitely, tbf.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Where I was sitting it looked like it hit his shoulder. Fair enough if it is shown on TV it hit his arm.

I wasn’t at all convinced in real time-but 1 tv replay suggests he got away with one there. No awful injustice with that or the red card - just footballing decisions that sometimes don’t go your way.