Raith Rovers v Elgin Town

RaithTheRover

I think it’s important to keep the five in defence regardless of opposition. Just leave Miller/Macca out, nothing to be gained in risking them.

Munro
Watson McKay S.Anderson Bene Armstrong
Spencer Matthews
Dingwall Allan G.Anderson

McGurn, Davidson, Tait, Victoria, Smith, Bowie, Baird

36 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

C’mon Rovers!
My XI for tonight :-
Munro
Miller* McKay SAndo MacDonald
Matthews Tait Spencer
Dingwall. Armstrong
Baird

*Watson if Miller is still injured.

Miller and MacDonald are both doubtful apparently so it could be Watson and Armstrong out wide, or we could bring Davo in and put McKay at right wing back....

* Or we could go back to a back 4.

I have a feeling Miller and MacDonald will be risked.

Munro.

McKay, SAndo, Bene

Dingwall, Matthews, Spencer, Armstrong

Tait

GAndo & Baird.

Subs. McGurn., Watson, Davo, Smith, Bowie, Victoria, Allan.

Plenty of impact options off the bench.

Will watch second half on telly after getting back from the kids swimming club. 

Generally, Friday football would be fine for me, but not tonight. Hopefully we can do the business and march on to the semis of Scotland’s best cup competition. The one everyone wants to win. Maybe beat Sevco colts in the final this time with another John Baird winner.

Who are Elgin’s best players?

Edited by Scary Bear

Generally, Friday football would be fine for me, but not tonight. Hopefully we can do the business and march on to the semis of Scotland’s best cup competition. The one everyone wants to win. Maybe beat Sevco colts in the final this time with another John Baird winner.

Shane Sutherland is the League Two top goalscorer. Not sure on his ability, but Russell Dingwall is our very own Tony Dingwall’s brother.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Shane sutherland

Kane hester

Brian cameron 

Russell dingwall

Rabin omar

Why not play Armstrong at right wing back? We're at home, against a side from a lower division, in a competition that barely matters. Use the wingbacks as an attacking force that also defends, rather than the other way around. That's why there's three other defenders behind them!

Oh look, turns out I am worked up about it. But FFS, John. What does it take to stop playing McKay at right wing back?

The first time he ambles up to the half way line and then shuffles the ball sideways to Spencer or Matthews, who's had no other option but to come short, I'm going to scream. Scream!

Also, we've got four big centre halfs on the pitch, so we'll definitely concede a headed goal. Probably from a set piece.

23 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Why not play Armstrong at right wing back? We're at home, against a side from a lower division, in a competition that barely matters. Use the wingbacks as an attacking force that also defends, rather than the other way around. That's why there's three other defenders behind them!

Oh look, turns out I am worked up about it. But FFS, John. What does it take to stop playing McKay at right wing back?

The first time he ambles up to the half way line and then shuffles the ball sideways to Spencer or Matthews, who's had no other option but to come short, I'm going to scream. Scream!

Also, we've got four big centre halfs on the pitch, so we'll definitely concede a headed goal. Probably from a set piece.

Davo should be sitting with McKay in his spot and Armstrong, like you say, on the wing. I understand Davo’s a senior player with lots of knowledge and experience, but he’s also a mental hothead that can shit the game for us. He should learn and sit four games for his two game suspension.

Made the right choice staying in the house for this, I think. McKay at wing back is a bit of a blow and if Elgin are to get anything tonight I’d anticipate it’ll be from that. He was fine at centre half on Saturday but a wing back he ain’t. Good to see Allan and Victoria back in the squad. Baird finished the game on Saturday strongly, if he can keep having that sort of impact we’ll look pretty strong going forward.