Raith Rovers v Elgin Town

RaithTheRover

historical knowledge shown at Edinburgh (the real) City v Elgin (the shitty) City on Saturday as a chant went

"your cathedral burned down, your cathedral burned down, Elgin City, your cathedral burned down"

It's only 630 years since the Wolf of Badenoch was around..

BTW is Raith v Elgin the lino lickers v the marbles nickers?

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

historical knowledge shown at Edinburgh (the real) City v Elgin (the shitty) City on Saturday as a chant went

"your cathedral burned down, your cathedral burned down, Elgin City, your cathedral burned down"

It's only 630 years since the Wolf of Badenoch was around..

BTW is Raith v Elgin the lino lickers v the marble knickers?

FTFY in my years of experience of the local "women".

1 hour ago, RaithTheRover said:

Friday night, 7:45pm kick off, in the world renowned Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup. Can’t wait.

Hopefully this is what we’ll see, if Kieran Macca is injured that is..

Munro

Miller McKay Sando Bene Armstrong

Spencer Matthews

Gullan

Bowie Baird

Gullan is cup tied for this one.  I'd be giving Dingwall some much needed game time for this. 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

BTW is Raith v Elgin the lino lickers v the marbles nickers?

Actually the Marbles thief was also a Fifer, his house (Broomhall) is nearer to Dunfermline than us tho to be fair.... sooooo a dirty Parsy thieving hoor!

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

B0B6D361-7A5A-4763-92F1-322C145AE7ED.jpeg

And he is relevent to this discussion how? 

image.png.6f0d3f29b86243543489627c013730c8.png

Anyway I prefer him without the bunnet!

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Actually the Marbles thief was also a Fifer, his house (Broomhall) is nearer to Dunfermline than us tho to be fair.... sooooo a dirty Parsy thieving hoor!

And he is relevent to this discussion how? 

image.png.6f0d3f29b86243543489627c013730c8.png

Anyway I prefer him without the bunnet!

Slayer of the mighty rubber bumpers at the weekend.

31 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Slayer of the mighty rubber bumpers at the weekend.

And again that's relevant why? 

If you're having difficulty with the question try reading it really slowly.

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

And again that's relevant why? 

If you're having difficulty with the question try reading it really slowly.

Maybe if you read who the poster I responded to supports, then I’m the answer may reveal itself.

If not, I’m not telling you.

7 hours ago, Rover1990 said:

Gullan is cup tied for this one.  I'd be giving Dingwall some much needed game time for this. 

Don’t see Dingwall as a plug in for Gullan. I’d suggest GAndo or Tait...preference for Tait, but reality is GAndo is the better choice.

Also wouldn’t mind Bowie getting a break (he’s looked a bit less effective the last couple of games, a break might be good for him) for Smith.

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Don’t see Dingwall as a plug in for Gullan. I’d suggest GAndo or Tait...preference for Tait, but reality is GAndo is the better choice.

Also wouldn’t mind Bowie getting a break (he’s looked a bit less effective the last couple of games, a break might be good for him) for Smith.

Tait has compromising photos of you, doesn't he?

9 minutes ago, elgin proud said:

where is raith anyway ?

"Raith (Scottish Gaelic: ràth, "fort" or "fortified residence") as an area once stretched from the lands of Little Raith (earlier Wester Raith[1]), south of Loch Gelly, as far as Kirkcaldy[2] and the Battle of Raith is said to have been fought here in 596 AD.[3] Raith Hill, west of Auchtertool and immediately to the east of the Mossmorran fractionation plant, may also be in reference to this wider area or may refer to an actual fort on this hill, distinct to the one naming the area.[4]

The name is found in Kirkcaldy's professional football team, Raith Rovers. This name was earlier borne by an entirely distinct team, probably named for the Little Raith colliery, east of Cowdenbeath,[5][6] which merged with Cowdenbeath Rangers to form Cowdenbeath F. C..[7][8]"

The Battle of Raith was fought between the civilised Christian tribes of Raith against the heathens of East Fife, led by their warrior king Wul-E-Broun. 

BTW: Cowdenbeath Rangers eh? It now all makes sense..