Dumbarton vs Falkirk

Have we all reached the stage where we want to lose the game if it means the pressure on the manager ramping up?

I know I have.

It’s really not about ramping up the pressure now. It’s about relieving him of his duties.

Doubtless he will be explaining to Lex about how he can see things coming together, and how our season starts next week. “Listen Lex, jam tomorrow Lex, jam tomorrow. You would be crazy to get rid of me now. Jam tomorrow. Bigger better jam tomorrow”.

I can't believe we're dusting off the Falkirk stand and making this all ticket and you c***s are on the boycott.

As in previous years, I will be there, and yes, it’s not so much out and out support as it is a morbid sense of curiosity watching McKinnon scraping for the point or three that he thinks might save his career.
He can then tell Lewis that our season starts a couple of weeks later, and a top four finish was always the target this season.

Fully expecting Falkirk to return to their galactico-esque form from the early part of the season steamroller us again.

I’d like to see us move Carsy to centre-half, being Langan back into central-midfield, hand Pettigrew a start and bring in one of the regens or something for McCluskey. Quitongo being back fit would be a bonus too, because God only knows how Shiels is on the books at Rangers. Even with those changes it’s still hard to see us doing anything though.

15 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Fully expecting Falkirk to return to their galactico-esque form from the early part of the season steamroller us again.

I’d like to see us move Carsy to centre-half, being Langan back into central-midfield, hand Pettigrew a start and bring in one of the regens or something for McCluskey. Quitongo being back fit would be a bonus too, because God only knows how Shiels is on the books at Rangers. Even with those changes it’s still hard to see us doing anything though.

Seeing a lot of chat about Carsy being moved to centre half but I just can't agree with it. McGeever and Neill, whilst limited with the ball at their feet, have been largely good for us this season and offer a threat at set pieces. Carswell is routinely picking out opposition players and generally being good at losing possession at the moment, whilst offering very little in the way of protection to the back 4 or support to the forward line. To drop McGeever or Neill in favour of Carswell playing out of position seems harsh to me. Duffy had no qualms dropping Layne on Saturday after a few weeks of lacklustre performances despite us having absolutely nobody who can fill his position, Given we have a number of players capable of playing where Carswell does I find it hard to believe Carswell is undroppable. Langan needs to start.

Agree on Quitongo, really never thought we'd miss him but it's been obvious the last couple of weeks. We've shipped 7 goals in the last two games he's missed. My team would be:

Pettigrew

Tumilty -- Neill -- McGeever -- Quitongo

Hutton

Frizzell -- Langan -- McKee -- Crossan

Layne

I just hope we don't take another tanking, three heavy defeats on the bounce could turn our season the way we don't want it to turn. We really need to try and stumble to January now, offload some of our shite where possible and strengthen our options going forward.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Seeing a lot of chat about Carsy being moved to centre half but I just can't agree with it. McGeever and Neill, whilst limited with the ball at their feet, have been largely good for us this season and offer a threat at set pieces. Carswell is routinely picking out opposition players and generally being good at losing possession at the moment, whilst offering very little in the way of protection to the back 4 or support to the forward line. To drop McGeever or Neill in favour of Carswell playing out of position seems harsh to me. Duffy had no qualms dropping Layne on Saturday after a few weeks of lacklustre performances despite us having absolutely nobody who can fill his position, Given we have a number of players capable of playing where Carswell does I find it hard to believe Carswell is undroppable. Langan needs to start.

Agree on Quitongo, really never thought we'd miss him but it's been obvious the last couple of weeks. We've shipped 7 goals in the last two games he's missed. My team would be:

Pettigrew

Tumilty -- Neill -- McGeever -- Quitongo

Hutton

Frizzell -- Langan -- McKee -- Crossan

Layne

I just hope we don't take another tanking, three heavy defeats on the bounce could turn our season the way we don't want it to turn. We really need to try and stumble to January now, offload some of our shite where possible and strengthen our options going forward.

Don't overthink it, just make sure you turn up with a motivated team. That's pretty much all you need.

Edited by badgerthewitness
Struggled to spell "motivated", hardly surprising.

7 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Don't overthink it, just make sure you turn up with a motivated team. That's pretty much all you need.

I'm confident we'll be motivated to give a better account of ourselves than we did at TFS (and over the last two weeks) but Duffy's team selection will still be major for us. 

Is Declan McManus fit? Starting him against us usually means we start 1 or 2 nil down.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm confident we'll be motivated to give a better account of ourselves than we did at TFS (and over the last two weeks) but Duffy's team selection will still be major for us. 

Is Declan McManus fit? Starting him against us usually means we start 1 or 2 nil down.

Don't expect a performance anything like the 6-0 game from us. I thought your players looked decent that day, as individuals, but didn't seem aware of what jobs Duffy wanted them to do* & we took advantage. 

McManus, like the rest of our team, struggles with McKinnon's clueless approach and will appear frustrated & lacking confidence.

*Basically what our opponents have been saying about us recently.

4/1 is a very generous price for anyone looking this weekend. Just as airdrie 5/1 was last weekend. Basically don’t bet on Falkirk, really think the players have packed it in the last 3 weeks and want McKinnon gone. Only saved by a truly terrible forfar team 2 weeks ago