Dundee United v Queens

In all seriousness, if people choose no to go to a game because of the cost of admission  then that’s fair enough.

I feel sorry for the Utd fans tbh. If I'm going to attend an away game, I'm going. I'll only check the price so I know how much money to take. If it was £24 to attend Palmerston then I'd certainly be picking and choosing my games as that's a ridiculous price for this division.

I expect a lot of away fans will have a go about that price but it's the United fans are the shit end of the deal.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I feel sorry for the Utd fans tbh. If I'm going to attend an away game, I'm going. I'll only check the price so I know how much money to take. If it was £24 to attend Palmerston then I'd certainly be picking and choosing my games as that's a ridiculous price for this division.

I expect a lot of away fans will have a go about that price but it's the United fans are the shit end of the deal.

I don’t mind paying that to watch my team, the fact that attendances are up suggest I’m not alone.

I have sympathy for folk who would struggle to pay £20 or £15 or £10, and many do, but I’ve not much sympathy for folk who complain about a difference of four quid.

I don’t mind paying that to watch my team, the fact that attendances are up suggest I’m not alone.
I have sympathy for folk who would struggle to pay £20 or £15 or £10, and many do, but I’ve not much sympathy for folk who complain about a difference of four quid.
I expect attendances are in part due to your current position? If you were floating between 4th and 5th I'd imagine it'd be a lot more "I'm not spending £24 to watch that pish".

46 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

It's simple economics. Why would you charge less if the same number of people are going to go?

So the club should always charge as much as it can  possibly get away with, without damaging the gate?

It should all simply be about market forces?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:25, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't think McCrorie has started the last two U21 games (may be wrong)  so he may not start this one.  Your point accepted thoughif he does start but probably goalkeeoers are viewed differently from outfield players,  and he's not exactly 1st in line for a call up to rangers 1st team. 

The U21's always alternate between McCrorie and Doohan so he'll be playing one of them. I can't see him being allowed to play regardless if he plays Friday or not.

I expect attendances are in part due to your current position? If you were floating between 4th and 5th I'd imagine it'd be a lot more "I'm not spending £24 to watch that pish".
I await this answer.

It should be 20 pound right across the whole of the championship. Then you would know what you are paying home and away.

1 hour ago, HonestJohn said:

The U21's always alternate between McCrorie and Doohan so he'll be playing one of them. I can't see him being allowed to play regardless if he plays Friday or not.

Scotland under 21's only have the one game and that's on Friday night. 

1 hour ago, HonestJohn said:

At the risk of being proved wrong (again) I think Doohan has started the last two games so they don't necessarily alternate. It may be Friday night or even into Saturday before we know if McCrorie will be available which is not ideal considering our more experienced 1st choice back-up is just getting over an injury and the next in line is basically untested with us at this level.  I'm fairly sure Allan Johnston will expect McCrorie to be available as it's not been officially announced that he definitely isn't. 

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Buying in advance the tickets are cheaper and on top of that the season ticket prices reflect this and are cheaper still. My ST, which is in an upper tier works out at £21 per game but you can get tickets that work out at less than £20. The United board made the decision to widen the gap to reward season ticket holders but also allow for 'membership' tickets where you can buy into a discount and/or advance purchase tickets at a reduced cost.

We've also got a fairly stable core support and the past few seasons have shown that the majority of season ticket holders, plus the 'walk up' fans will pay these sums of money so it wouldn't benefit United financially to reduce prices if they know people will pay.

Edit - I do think that football is too expensive, a blanket £15/£15/£20 ticketing structure would be great, but it just isn;t going to happen unfortunately.

Edited by stumigoo

At the risk of being proved wrong (again) I think Doohan has started the last two games so they don't necessarily alternate. It may be Friday night or even into Saturday before we know if McCrorie will be available which is not ideal considering our more experienced 1st choice back-up is just getting over an injury and the next in line is basically untested with us at this level.  I'm fairly sure Allan Johnston will expect McCrorie to be available as it's not been officially announced that he definitely isn't. 

The thought of McCrorie not playing in this match doesn’t bear thinking about.