Dundee United v Queens

17 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Aye, he’s quoted as saying ‘

I think we made it quite easy for them with the goals we lost - not with general play because there wasn't much between the teams.

"Goals change games and they were really poor from our point of view. We gifted then the three goals but apart from that I don't think they created that much."

Thats 2 teams back to back that we only  managed to beat because they gifted us the goals. Comedy gold.

Seem to remember we also only beat Dunfermline a couple of weeks back because of 2 goalkeeping errors in an otherwise even game.

Anyway, hard to argue with 5 wins and 5 clean sheets since Dumfries. All of them have stepped up to the mark recently but Clark and Watson get special mention from me. Watson is a terrible right back but he's a had a couple of good games at centre half these last weeks and Clark has been sharp since he came back in. 4 in 5 is a good return.

We don't have another CB is probably the answer. I wouldn't be against sticking a young CB on the bench but lets face it. If AJ did that before today he'd be getting pelters and folk would be questioning why Semple wasn't on the bench instead.

I think we should be looking to release him in January if we can get a replacement given he clearly hasn't any intention of losing the weight. Contrast him to Murray who was (harshly IMO) dropped from the squad. He's been praised numerous times for his attitude in training, doing his best to get back into the starting 11. Semple appears to not give a jot.

It pains me because I was a huge (not intended) fan of him the first time around and think he has quality, but his attitude is certainly questionable.

Gourlay is a centre half he was on the bench?

11 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Who cares if Shankland is prolific against us or not. He’s playing in a bigger and better team and scored more goals this season than our whole team put together.

What’s your point here caller? I’m merely stating facts. 

It's a relative measure. Compared to the rest of the division, we're playing good football.
This isn't me who is saying this. This is your own fans saying this on here not so long agos. The flukey results the questionable clean sheets.
However said people will be ready to pounce on Neilson if it all goes wrong. Mental behaviour

It was a strange game. Not much happened in first 20 but Kilday going off was critical. The first goal was crucial and Semple just let his man go, was it offside? Suspect not.

I don’t want to join in the pile on re Semple, but if your sub is subbed there is something odd going on. 

For our offside goal, I thought if Oliver had left it Dobbs might have got it. The second looked off but as no-one complained much I guess it was a clever ball through.

For the third, it was a woeful clearance followed by umpteen missed tackles.

Once we put Holt at CH we steadied the ship, but it was all too late.

United look good, I think it is their season.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

This isn't me who is saying this. This is your own fans saying this on here not so long agos. The flukey results the questionable clean sheets.
However said people will be ready to pounce on Neilson if it all goes wrong. Mental behaviour

Aye, that's fair, although given the last few years it's understandable that folk are a wee bit jaundiced. 

19 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

It was a strange game. Not much happened in first 20 but Kilday going off was critical. The first goal was crucial and Semple just let his man go, was it offside? Suspect not.

I don’t want to join in the pile on re Semple, but if your sub is subbed there is something odd going on. 

For our offside goal, I thought if Oliver had left it Dobbs might have got it. The second looked off but as no-one complained much I guess it was a clever ball through.

For the third, it was a woeful clearance followed by umpteen missed tackles.

Once we put Holt at CH we steadied the ship, but it was all too late.

United look good, I think it is their season.

United’s second goal was on side, saw highlights on YouTube.

I was a wee bit taken aback at the substitute being replaced by QoS, giving the lad 40 minutes seemed likely to belittle him in these circumstances.

And I don't think he looked overweight, rather lacking in confidence. The photograph from today doesn't show a fat lad.

It was an easy 3 points for United, and Kilday's injury made little difference to the pattern of the play. United's best spell was very early on, right at the start of the game.

harkes semple.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I was a wee bit taken aback at the substitute being replaced by QoS, giving the lad 40 minutes seemed likely to belittle him in these circumstances.

And I don't think he looked overweight, rather lacking in confidence. The photograph from today doesn't show a fat lad.

It was an easy 3 points for United, and Kilday's injury made little difference to the pattern of the play. United's best spell was very early on, right at the start of the game.

harkes semple.jpg

That's because you've got him in a still. You've got lucky that his belly has swung round to his right in that photo. 

giphy (1).gif

Just watched the goals again; all very well taken.  Appere’s hold up play before feeding McMullen was very good as was the finish.  McMullan’s assist for Clark and Clark’s timing was superb.  Stanton’s individual effort also great.

It’s a pity there’s not a game this coming week.