Dundee United v Queens

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That’s not what I’m saying. The point I was making in my post was simply that the SPFL arranged to have fixtures today with the knowledge that Scotland would be playing this afternoon. I didn’t state I thought that was a good or a bad thing. Just a statement of fact. FWIW SD’s post above reflects my view. I’d generally watch both games so it’s a little irritating not to be able to do that. That is absolutely not to say I’d want the QOS game to be midweek.

It's the fact both games over lap rather than no game being played. Nothing you can do about UEFA scheduling (that's another issue all together and that also reflects dwindling attendances at International match along with success) but why not move it to 4.30pm give supporters time to get from pub or home to the match or the Friday night, sunday option

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That’s not what I’m saying. The point I was making in my post was simply that the SPFL arranged to have fixtures today with the knowledge that Scotland would be playing this afternoon. I didn’t state I thought that was a good or a bad thing. Just a statement of fact. FWIW SD’s post above reflects my view. I’d generally watch both games so it’s a little irritating not to be able to do that. That is absolutely not to say I’d want the QOS game to be midweek.

Did they actually know that Scotland's game would kick off at 2pm when they scheduled the fixtures? The venue and kick-off time don't have to be confirmed until 90 days before the game (ie after the fixtures are out), so it's not clear to me when the 2pm kick-off was actually announced.

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Did they actually know that Scotland's game would kick off at 2pm when they scheduled the fixtures? The venue and kick-off time don't have to be confirmed until 90 days before the game (ie after the fixtures are out), so it's not clear to me when the 2pm kick-off was actually announced.

Fair point. 

4 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

And when would the SPFL  be best to reschedule games to avoid a clash if not a midweek in your opinion? Of course it would be ideal if the fans who wanted to were able to attend/watch both games but not always possible. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Not really sure what your point is? Regardless of when Cyprus confirmed the time, United could have asked to change the kick off of our game to avoid a clash if they wanted to. Clearly they arent bothered about it.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Not really sure what your point is? Regardless of when Cyprus confirmed the time, United could have asked to change the kick off of our game to avoid a clash if they wanted to. Clearly they arent bothered about it.

The guy was talking about the SPFL scheduling fixtures when they knew Scotland were playing in the afternoon. My point was that they may have thought (as I did until last night) that the Scotland game would be in the evening. I agree with you that United (or anyone else) could have moved the game if they were that bothered.

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

And when would the SPFL  be best to reschedule games to avoid a clash if not a midweek in your opinion? Of course it would be ideal if the fans who wanted to were able to attend/watch both games but not always possible. 

Playing the United v QOS tomorrow would allow many who wished to to watch both games. Unless the rules have changed by my reckoning Sunday isn't midweek.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Playing the United v QOS tomorrow would allow many who wished to to watch both games. Unless the rules have changed by my reckoning Sunday isn't midweek.

Its not, but its unlikely to delight those who want to make a day out of it from either side and would probably hurt United's corporate hospitality. 

As I say, United obviously decided none of the up sides of moving it outweighed the downsides. I might have been tempted to defer kick off to 4pm to let fans watch the international first but its a dead game anyway at the end of the day. Not sure we would have bothered changing kick off at this end either if it had been here.

Good build up play for both goals tbf but absolutely piss poor marking and tracking allowing for simple,  almost tap-in  finishes. If we'd managed to see out til half time just 1 behind I'd have still been confident of getting something but that second goal probably killed it. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Good build up play for both goals tbf but absolutely piss poor marking and tracking allowing for simple,  almost tap-in  finishes. If we'd managed to see out til half time just 1 behind I'd have still been confident of getting something but that second goal probably killed it. 

Watching it on arabzone and I don't get how Clark managed to be onside. shocking positioning.

disagree on our goals being tap ins though. there was a crowd that McMullan has to curve the ball around for his goal.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

Watching it on arabzone and I don't get how Clark managed to be onside. shocking positioning.

disagree on our goals being tap ins though. there was a crowd that McMullan has to curve the ball around for his goal.

McMullan is the star man everything good about Untied comes from him this was always going to be a very difficult game not many teams will get anything from Untied at home 

Losing Kilday won’t have helped. Hope he isn’t out long term because Semple is a shadow of the player he was. Although “shadow” isn’t the best description.