Dundee United v Queens

Huge opportunity here to give ourselves a bit of breathing space at the top. A win would put us 9 points clear with Ayr not playing again until the very end of the month. Would be ideal if we could try and make this season as stress-free as possible but it’d be typical of us to drop points here.

Having said that, 2-1 United, Clark double, late consolation goal for Queens

On 13/11/2019 at 19:43, SUPERSOUTH said:

£24!! For Adults in Queens end... 

Thanks, though I'm sorry i asked now. However now noticed that we are in the jim mclean upper stand so in reality we are getting a £2 discount. This prob swings it for me.

I understand what you are saying but we did win last season there towards the end of the season and Leighfield played and was mom

Fair point and Jack had some great saves that day but is there not some doubt as to whether he would be fit to play tomorrow or am I getting into real doomsday territory?

8 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

I heard  that Dobbie came off injured at end of last weeks game. Is he likely to miss tomorrow’s game? I think he’d be a bigger miss for you guys than Shankland will be for us.

Felt a muscle twinge apparently so went off as a precaution ,  nothing serious so expect him to be available. 

4 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

I heard  that Dobbie came off injured at end of last weeks game. Is he likely to miss tomorrow’s game? I think he’d be a bigger miss for you guys than Shankland will be for us.

Na just felt a slight muscle tightness in his back, Don't worry he will be playing. 

A fair few Queens supporters away to Cyrus this weekend so will miss the trip.

Why oh why do they have a Scotland match on Sky at same time as all lower league matches. That is not going to encourage extra crowds with premiership games being postponed. I know Scotland aren't doing too well but I guess a number of supporters of all teams (specially away teams) may just decide to have a afternoon in the pub instead of going to a game

TV wins again

54 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Why oh why do they have a Scotland match on Sky at same time as all lower league matches. That is not going to encourage extra crowds with premiership games being postponed. I know Scotland aren't doing too well but I guess a number of supporters of all teams (specially away teams) may just decide to have a afternoon in the pub instead of going to a game

TV wins again

You don’t honestly expect UEFA to take the Scottish second tier into consideration when planning these games...

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

You don’t honestly expect UEFA to take the Scottish second tier into consideration when planning these games...

Given the UEFA game dates were agreed way before the level 2 fixtures were published I'd suggest the people making a decision that the fixtures will clash are the SPFL rather than UEFA.

59 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Given the UEFA game dates were agreed way before the level 2 fixtures were published I'd suggest the people making a decision that the fixtures will clash are the SPFL rather than UEFA.

So you'd rather we didn't play the same weekend as  when Scotland has a game even though it  would probably mean working in some more midweek fixtures?  I think that would hit the support,  both home and travelling supporters,  just as much as the present set up, especially in games between clubs where considerable travelling distance is involved. The Tunnocks Wafer Cup is also scheduled on International weekends so that would be even more midweek fixtures for those clubs involved if those games were moved also to avoid clashing with Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Pretty sure this is right. Always amuses me that the South of Scotland League move or postpone their games due to an international break but the Championship (quite rightly) don't. So the likes of St Cuthbert Wanderers v Lochmaben and Threave Rovers v Newton Stewart get shifted to a Friday but Dundee United v Queen of the South is on as normal

12 hours ago, queenslad said:

TV wins again

Simple economics. There are no more Saturdays and attendances will be far more affected by a midweek game than by 20 or 30 per club away to a Scotland away game. Its a bit annoying this one is being played in the afternoon though. They dont normally directly clash. There was nothing to stop United asking for a later kick off or a move to Sunday if they wanted to avoid a direct clash. Presumably they arent that bothered.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

So you'd rather we didn't play the same weekend as  when Scotland has a game even though it  would probably mean working in some more midweek fixtures?  I think that would hit the support,  both home and travelling supporters,  just as much as the present set up, especially in games between clubs where considerable travelling distance is involved. The Tunnocks Wafer Cup is also scheduled on International weekends so that would be even more midweek fixtures for those clubs involved if those games were moved also to avoid clashing with Scotland. 

That’s not what I’m saying. The point I was making in my post was simply that the SPFL arranged to have fixtures today with the knowledge that Scotland would be playing this afternoon. I didn’t state I thought that was a good or a bad thing. Just a statement of fact. FWIW SD’s post above reflects my view. I’d generally watch both games so it’s a little irritating not to be able to do that. That is absolutely not to say I’d want the QOS game to be midweek.