Dundee United v Queens

This will definitely be our most difficult game so far this season even United without Shankland are easily the best team in the league especially at home .

We had as great result against Ayr but we picked up a few injuries from the game Hamilton Pybus and the biggest worry Dobbie all picked up injuries to add to Paton Osman and El Bak  hopefully at least 3 of the above players are fit to play .

McCorie is in the squad for Scotland under 21 they are playing on the Friday night hopefully with it being a home game for Scotland will mean that McCorie will be available for us 

This will definitely be our most difficult game so far this season even United without Shankland are easily the best team in the league especially at home .
We had as great result against Ayr but we picked up a few injuries from the game Hamilton Pybus and the biggest worry Dobbie all picked up injuries to add to Paton Osman and El Bak  hopefully at least 3 of the above players are fit to play .
McCorie is in the squad for Scotland under 21 they are playing on the Friday night hopefully with it being a home game for Scotland will mean that McCorie will be available for us 

Definitely our hardest game this season. Would much rather be playing one of the Premierships better teams than this mob who we could only muster 4 goals against the first time.

I’m surprised how long it took you to start this thread. Presumably your counselling session after a QOS win delayed your usual cheery input.

8 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Definitely our hardest game this season. Would much rather be playing one of the Premierships better teams than this mob who we could only muster 4 goals against the first time.

I'm all for bashing Northfield when he makes a tit of himself, but come on.  You don't think an away trip to the league leaders is the hardest game we've faced so far?

Obviously we can take a lot of confidence from the last result (and the fact we won the last meeting at Tannadice as well).  But since we scudded them 4-0 United have 4 straight wins, scored 8 goals and conceded 0.  We are very much underdogs, which is fine.

I'm all for bashing Northfield when he makes a tit of himself, but come on.  You don't think an away trip to the league leaders is the hardest game we've faced so far?

Motherwell at home is by far the hardest game we’ve had this season. In terms of league fixtures alone, Tannadice is probably the hardest trip

I have literally no idea why Northfield's style with these things annoys people - I like it.

I've also got no doubt whatever that he's a genuine Queens fan who wants us to win, just as much as any of the happy clappers.

People do struggle with the distinction between preferred outcome and prediction.  

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I have literally no idea why Northfield's style with these things annoys people - I like it.

I've also got no doubt whatever that he's a genuine Queens fan who wants us to win, just as much as any of the happy clappers.

People do struggle with the distinction between preferred outcome and prediction.  

Happy clappers are every bit as annoying as the doom mongers but it's for the exact same reason, both are wrong in sticking to one particular way of thinking.

The only thing consistent about Queens is their inconsistency.  Some weeks we are great and deserve praise, other weeks we are rancid and deserve to get slaughtered.  Occasionally we are somewhere in the middle.

I think what winds people up about Northfield (and equally those at the other end of the scale) is that he is generally negative irrespective of what is actually happening in the lead up to a game.

All that being said, his opening post in this thread is completely fair and I agree with the sentiment.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Happy clappers are every bit as annoying as the doom mongers but it's for the exact same reason, both are wrong in sticking to one particular way of thinking.

The only thing consistent about Queens is their inconsistency.  Some weeks we are great and deserve praise, other weeks we are rancid and deserve to get slaughtered.  Occasionally we are somewhere in the middle.

I think what winds people up about Northfield (and equally those at the other end of the scale) is that he is generally negative irrespective of what is actually happening in the lead up to a game.

All that being said, his opening post in this thread is completely fair and I agree with the sentiment.

All true.

I like the opening post of our match threads being all pessimistic though.  It's kind of humble and marks a change from lots of the bombastic crap we get on here.  I was less happy when Naysmith seemed to adopt his style, but coming from a supporter it's kind of endearing.

I do think it's utterly ludicrous when Queens fans have a go at him in the wake of a victory, claiming he'll be gutted.

He's not said anything negative this time it's obviously anybodies hardest game at Tannadice 

Normally he would say we'll be very lucky to get a point or even a goal

But this is the championship as we've seen for years there's very rarely a consistent team in this div and our record there isn't bad so queens win by the odd goal won't be unexpected 

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm just having a bit of fun. Can't answer for others .

I've no doubt at all that Northfield is a genuine QOS fan. Definitely a bit glass half empty though which may of course be a good spot for a QOS fan.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Shankland will be a massive miss for us, luckily Clark has came good the last two weeks or so and can fill the void. I wouldn't rush Connolly back just yet, and would wait for the Morton game before he's back playing a full 90.

Would start with:

Benji

Smith Reynolds Watson Robson

McMullan Butcher Harkes Sporle

Appéré Clark

I'm gonna say a 2-1 United win Clark and Spórle on the scoresheet.

3 hours ago, Broony88 said:

I Would be surprised if Mccrorie was allowed by his parent club to play two games in two days. 

I don't think McCrorie has started the last two U21 games (may be wrong)  so he may not start this one.  Your point accepted thoughif he does start but probably goalkeeoers are viewed differently from outfield players,  and he's not exactly 1st in line for a call up to rangers 1st team. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is Shankland out for this aye? Bad news from our point of view if that's the case as it means we'll be facing 11 players on Saturday :(

Well unless he has a fecking Tardis then aye! He'll have a hard job being in Cyprus for a 2pm kick off and then playing for United in Dundee at 3pm.