Next Falkirk Manager

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So he has 5 fingers on each hand? I never knew that he was a Fifer mutant! Normal people have 4 fingers and a thumb.

You should see what else he has...wait, as a FFC fan, you’re well aware of that.

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

We have zero veterans in our squad and I think we have four players over 30, none will be 35 this season and none of the over 30s seem like they have coaching or management in their thots.

I don't think I'd trust any of current players to pick and organise a team, we lack leadership both on and off the park

I see 5 over 30 (Bell, Dixon, Miller, Gomis and Sammon).

Certainly all of them would be considered veterans. Also, Buchanan, Doyle, Tidser and Longridge have played at higher levels and would be expected to lead.

That’s without digging into the younger players. That team should be leading themselves without coaching input, but Ray has managed to neuter your team leadership...an impressive feat.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I see 5 over 30 (Bell, Dixon, Miller, Gomis and Sammon).

Certainly all of them would be considered veterans. Also, Buchanan, Doyle, Tidser and Longridge have played at higher levels and would be expected to lead.

That’s without digging into the younger players. That team should be leading themselves without coaching input, but Ray has managed to neuter your team leadership...an impressive feat.

I had thought I'd missed one of the 30+ out, tbf Miller hasn't started a league game for us, so can see how I forgot

35 is the age classed as a veteran and you obviously haven't seen much FFC or followed the careers of most of the players you mentioned

51 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I had thought I'd missed one of the 30+ out, tbf Miller hasn't started a league game for us, so can see how I forgot

35 is the age classed as a veteran and you obviously haven't seen much FFC or followed the careers of most of the players you mentioned

Veteran, as intended it, is a player with a number of years of experience and generally has played at the present level or higher. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Veteran, as intended it, is a player with a number of years of experience and generally has played at the present level or higher. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Experienced is the word not veteran 

Having played in veteran league's it's 35 n over 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Nah soccer = go away and get real

I call it football, but 40+ years over here take its toll on language usage.

But back to reality...Falkirk is no plum job right now. The incoming manager, if you can dispose of Ray, has a mismatched team and possibly a limited budget for changes. IMO, there isn’t a manager in the top two tiers that’ll look at FFC. It would take a serious inducement to pull a third tier manager over. The reality is you either keep Ray or look for a fourth, or lower, tier manager OR someone out of the game right now.

Personally, I don’t know there is a good enough manager out of a job right now to punt for Ray, as horrifying as that is to say. Perhaps the only realistic choice is find an up and comer, someone either confident enough or stupid enough to get into the current cesspool that is TFS and the MSG, and who believes they can fix it. This will likely give you one of three things:

1) An excellent manager who may well be poached, but who will have gotten you promoted.

2) A solid manager who may not get you promoted, but who shows enough that the club is willing to ride him for another year in the hopes that a rebuilt team wins next year.

3) A middle of the table fiasco of a manager that gets canned in May.

I just can’t see FFC falling below mid-table, even with The Great Raymundo.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

I call it football, but 40+ years over here take its toll on language usage.

But back to reality...Falkirk is no plum job right now. The incoming manager, if you can dispose of Ray, has a mismatched team and possibly a limited budget for changes. IMO, there isn’t a manager in the top two tiers that’ll look at FFC. It would take a serious inducement to pull a third tier manager over. The reality is you either keep Ray or look for a fourth, or lower, tier manager OR someone out of the game right now.

Personally, I don’t know there is a good enough manager out of a job right now to punt for Ray, as horrifying as that is to say. Perhaps the only realistic choice is find an up and comer, someone either confident enough or stupid enough to get into the current cesspool that is TFS and the MSG, and who believes they can fix it. This will likely give you one of three things:

1) An excellent manager who may well be poached, but who will have gotten you promoted.

2) A solid manager who may not get you promoted, but who shows enough that the club is willing to ride him for another year in the hopes that a rebuilt team wins next year.

3) A middle of the table fiasco of a manager that gets canned in May.

I just can’t see FFC falling below mid-table, even with The Great Raymundo.

The manager from Mothercare would do a better job than Ray