Next Falkirk Manager

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I'm sure Shaun Maloney is just itching to give up coaching world class players such as Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne in Belgium to move to Grangemouth and work with Conor Sammon.

Alex Ferguson started out at East Stirling, having been overlooked for the Falkirk job.

Sure, he may want to stay in a cushy number, but some guys have ambition & confidence in their abilities. I'd #hazard a guess that he's one of the latter.

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

Alex Ferguson started out at East Stirling, having been overlooked for the Falkirk job.

Sure, he may want to stay in a cushy number, but some guys have ambition & confidence in their abilities. I'd #hazard a guess that he's one of the latter.

I sincerely hope you're whooshing me here, kiddy, because if not you are absolutely off your tits.

I've considerably mellowed my opinion towards Hughes in the past few years but there's no way I'd want him back.

That’s odd. It’s the last few years that has opened up the rest of the countries eyes towards him and shown them exactly what he’s like.

Before that, everyone thought he was a fantastic manager.

The management situation is now mirroring the board situation where any c"nt is better than what we have because of the rage we have for both scenarios 

In the past we have had elder players, various coaches or an ex manager to bridge the gap and perhaps make a stake for the job if we punted McKinnon but now we are just a shell of our former selves, we really would need to sack and hire or we would have Lex Miller picking the team.

36 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The management situation is now mirroring the board situation where any c"nt is better than what we have because of the rage we have for both scenarios 

In the past we have had elder players, various coaches or an ex manager to bridge the gap and perhaps make a stake for the job if we punted McKinnon but now we are just a shell of our former selves, we really would need to sack and hire or we would have Lex Miller picking the team.

That actually happened years ago when Bob Shaw picked the team.

McKinnon has painted himself into a corner......but a win versus Dumbarton gives him a bit of breathing space. A defeat should finish him......should. Thing is, RMcK multiplied by LM probably isn’t going to give any sort of predictable or sensible outcome.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

...we would have Lex Miller picking the team.

Not to be cynical, but after our experience with Ray, and your experience with Ray, could Lex possibly do any worse? The majority of your players are veterans and should be able to figure out a strategy on their own. Assuming Lex can count to 4, he can design a formation...the counting to 10 might be challenging, but the players would help.

Not to be cynical, but after our experience with Ray, and your experience with Ray, could Lex possibly do any worse? The majority of your players are veterans and should be able to figure out a strategy on their own. Assuming Lex can count to 4, he can design a formation...the counting to 10 might be challenging, but the players would help.
Hes about as bright as a 20 watt light bulb our Lex is

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I saw a picture that showed he has five fingers! If the other hand does too, they can just tell him to pick that many names for field players.

He’d lose count when he had to change hands. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

He’d lose count when he had to change hands. 

That explains why you have so many right and center players and few left side. You list the players right/center/left... two rights, two centers and a left is a full hand!

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

I saw a picture that showed he has five fingers! If the other hand does too, they can just tell him to pick that many names for field players.

So he has 5 fingers on each hand? I never knew that he was a Fifer mutant! Normal people have 4 fingers and a thumb.

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

We have zero veterans in our squad and I think we have four players over 30, none will be 35 this season and none of the over 30s seem like they have coaching or management in their thots.

I don't think I'd trust any of current players to pick and organise a team, we lack leadership both on and off the park