Next Falkirk Manager

We're languishing in the middle of the third tier of Scottish football getting pumped off absolute jobbers and some Falkirk fans speak about Yogi like he isn't our most successful post-war manager. Granted, it all went a bit sour in the final year (still staying in the SPL and a Scottish Cup Final as going "a bit sour" isn't too bad in my book!!) and he acted like a bit of a c***, but up until that point he had Falkirk finishing consistently in our highest positions for a long time,  bringing through exciting young players from our own academy like Barr and Arfield as well as from other clubs like Stokes, Krul, Kasper, Duffy, Gow etc, getting the best out of an aging Latapy who many thought was finished, and playing some pretty damn good football at the same time.

I'm not even saying he should come back now - but it does seem odd that even in contrast to the absolute drivel we've been served up for the best part of the past decade people seem so eager to write him off.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

We're languishing in the middle of the third tier of Scottish football getting pumped off absolute jobbers and some Falkirk fans speak about Yogi like he isn't our most successful post-war manager. Granted, it all went a bit sour in the final year (still staying in the SPL and a Scottish Cup Final as going "a bit sour" isn't too bad in my book!!) and he acted like a bit of a c***, but up until that point he had Falkirk finishing consistently in our highest positions for a long time,  bringing through exciting young players from our own academy like Barr and Arfield as well as from other clubs like Stokes, Krul, Kasper, Duffy, Gow etc, getting the best out of an aging Latapy who many thought was finished, and playing some pretty damn good football at the same time.
I'm not even saying he should come back now - but it does seem odd that even in contrast to the absolute drivel we've been served up for the best part of the past decade people seem so eager to write him off.

I’ll ‘jobbers’ ye ya cvnt

Surely it’s a long shot that McKinnon goes any time soon given the history and cost behind his appointment.

Unless we go on a really bad run and go a few games behind the leaders I think we’ll be stuck with him.

Just want him gone. He’s hopeless. Any chance he’ll take pity on us and walk?

Edited by Hughsie

49 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Would someone like Martin Canning be worth a shout? You've also got Jim McIntyre looking for a job.

Unfortunately our spineless board won't sack Ray anytime soon

Posted on the Falkirk Thread they have a choice to make in risking staying in League One for another season which at the looks of it is highly likely or punt Ray and risk someone else who can do better with the squad we have.

Posted on the Falkirk Thread they have a choice to make in risking staying in League One for another season which at the looks of it is highly likely or punt Ray and risk someone else who can do better with the squad we have.
I agree with this, however, I'm sure everyone is aware by now that our board don't think like normal, sound minded individuals

Absolutely now is this time, it gives the new incoming manager a month or so to get familiar with the current squad and for them to identify player replacements for the problem areas. Not getting someone in now makes no sense in terms of getting the most out of them to finish off this season and get back to the championship

Ray will be there until the end of the season for sure, one way or another. Whether we like it or not
Hughes would not lower himself to return. McIntyre has already knocked us back even being out of a job. Jack Ross will pick up an Edinburgh gig
If he doesn't get the hearts job then Austin McPhee is the man we should go for.

Absolutely now is this time, it gives the new incoming manager a month or so to get familiar with the current squad and for them to identify player replacements for the problem areas. Not getting someone in now makes no sense in terms of getting the most out of them to finish off this season and get back to the championship

If you pay off McKinnon would there be anything left for players in January?