Paul Burns N Cumnock

Gowfster

Just now, maggotman said:

Cumnock better hope they don’t have to sack him or he will sue for unfair dismissal. Any truth to the rumour the RSPCA were looking at him for cruelty to animals for keeping bats in his car?

Care to expand on this?!?

6 hours ago, Bawrash1 said:

Did he not do that at the end of last season? We were knocked out the Scottish and west at the 1st hurdle couldn’t get out our league cup section which was probably the easiest group out of them all and we are hovering just above the relegation zone after a dozen games and also received a 8-0 hammering at home into the bargain. Paul signed the majority of the players in the squad so ultimately he had to carry the can. I like many other Cumnock fans was hoping he would succeed as a manager and help us be successful but unfortunately it wasn’t to be. I agree we do need stability and I hope the committee don’t rush there appointment and get the right man on board. Whoever gets the job will have his work cut out but with the new committee that’s on board behind him I have no doubt he will be given every opportunity to succeed.

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Can see the headlines now

"Bat Man arrives  in Cumnock""

56 minutes ago, maggotman said:

Cumnock better hope they don’t have to sack him or he will sue for unfair dismissal. Any truth to the rumour the RSPCA were looking at him for cruelty to animals for keeping bats in his car?

Does it really need any more clarification......

Edited by tartanbankie74

Bawrash.   Don't understand your opening question. " Did he not do that last season ".  Paul was a player last season under Peter Leonard. He took over in December 2018 and used Peter's players to keep us in the Premiership 2018-19.  As you say he then signed his own players for this season's campaign and like many in the past it has been a failure. However the season is over, Paul has been badly let down by players and backroom staff who need to take a long hard look at themselves. To create stability in the club the Chairman should have declined Paul's resignation, told him to see our league programme through, keep us in the Premiership, then sit down with the Chairman, get rid of the dead wood in the club, re- group ready for the new season.Why do we want a new manager at this stage of the season. I have no doubts Paul has the ability to take this club forward, and should have been given the chance. 4 managers in 10 years is a joke. WE NEED STABILITY. and that starts with the manager and his players. Remember Tommy Sloan's first season at Auchinleck, it was a disaster P45 was due to be delivered. Tommy took stock, set up for the new season and the rest is history. Now the decision has been taken to accept Paul's resignation, we must move on, Tony McInally is a good appointment, in fact he was the only one they could have appointed. Previously with Shotts  and Pollok, he can be a very volatile character if things don't go right. Good luck to Paul wherever his future lies. Hope he can put things behind him, lift his head, carry on playing and display the ability ,he certainly has been given.

Edited by shoemaker

2 hours ago, passbackdave said:
Did anyone else get interviewed for the job?

Mon the papers

Thereporter is desperate for everyone to believe that George Grierson was in for an interview last night, despite it having already been confirmed that Tony McInally had the job. Sums him up really.

Edited by glensmad

19 hours ago, RossWilson said:

I promised myself I wouldn’t get involved when I received a couple screenshots detailing some of the spurious comments on this post but against my better judgement, I felt I had to put out some sort of reply whether it be myself or through someone else.

Firstly, I’m not FootballFan whomever although I’d like to thank them for stating facts and providing some sort of defence.

I understand the dislike from the Irvine Meadow support for myself, for many months I didn’t hold them in particularly high regard either. Irvine Meadow are a massive club with many fans and a great history, I don’t think many people would have denied themselves the chance to manage there.

Before I say anything, Brian McGinty has done a great job at Irvine Meadow and the committee have been justified with the decision to sack me. I still do not believe it was the correct one but I’m smart enough to acknowledge that they are now challenging for honours and he deserves more credit that he gets for that.

As a manager I made mistakes and I’m the first to hold my hands up to that. 11 of them to be exact (Leaving a great wee club like Kello on the crest of a wave and in the manner I did is mistake 1 of 11 but hindsight is a wonderful thing) but if a 28 year old manager at that time didn’t make mistakes then I’d be manager of Brazil by now. More importantly, I learned from everyone and became a better person and coach for it. If I’m continually going to be slaughtered because I didn’t have a successful period at one club, then we should just burst the ball and go up the road and forget about football or doing anything at all.

If my tenure there, losing 4 and winning 6 in 13 competitive fixtures (Hurlford 0-2, Petershill 0-4, Renfrew 1-2 and Cambuslang 3-4 all three of whom were promoted and the other a premier league side) is deemed a disaster, then fair enough, people pay their money and are entitled to there opinion. If fans deem losing a glorified, gala day game where I treated it for what it is… a friendly, a sackable offence, fair enough but if a great club like Irvine Meadow deem winning that there be all and end all, then that is sad for a club that size. If shouting in the face of a match official in the pavilion and receiving a £50 fine is a sackable offence, again, fair enough, unreasonable but that’s my opinion. By the way, in the league we had played 6, won 2, drew 1 and lost 3, finished 3 points better off in the sectional cup from the previous season and won our Scottish Cup tie, just in case there is any future journalistic license.

Just to be clear, I went into the club with 9 players signed, I signed 11 or so. I agree not all of them worked out, but not all signings work out at every club. It doesn’t mean they are a bad player it just means that the shoe didn’t fit, in fact of those 11, Eddie McTernan fired the team to promotion with his goals, Rhys Devlin proved to be a shrewd acquisition, Ryan Carnwath (who was openly called terrible by some) won player of the year and is a main stay in the team, Aaron Connolly suffered in my final match a serious injury (and had been picking up knocks beforehand) went on to score some good goals for the club, Darren Miller has been another mainstay in the team, Con Boyle scored a hattrick against Kilwinning Rangers in a win and Steven McKeown left at the same time I left and was doing well until then. The others I signed again, were not bad football players, they have proved themselves at other clubs and currently continue to do so.

If you know anything about football, or claim to know anything, putting a team together when you’ve had to sign 11 to add to the existing 9, and try to get them playing in a different way, believe it or not, is difficult and unachievable by the middle of October. If you’re really unsure about that, go and look at the history books. I’m sure if you check Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola’s file, they didn’t enjoy a successful start. More recently, fans expected Darvel to go on and romp the league. I’m sure my old friend Darvel Legend and Mr Kennedy will have considered that they required time to knit all those excellent players they signed together.

Do I think we would’ve won promotion, absolutely? Every player in the squad was good enough and they went on to prove it with the adjustments Brian McGinty made (player and tactical wise).

I won’t go into what else was going on, all I will say is, at the time, on the advice of a well-respected man within the game who I also call a friend, tell the truth, and then you don’t need to change your story.

In relation to GlasgowTaxi’s claims, he is correct, I did attend an Arthurlie game. I’d like to place on record my apology to himself and the rest of the backroom team at Arthurlie. My partners mum takes our child every Saturday afternoon while I go to football so as you can probably understand we had to arrange alternative childcare with her as a result. She did not return from Silverburn in time for me to collect my son in the afternoon and as I did not have a key for her house, I therefore decided to go down and take in the Arthurlie game (Neilston were away from home for the avoidance of doubt).

I know who Arthurlie1981 is, and I’m sure he will confirm that I kept myself to myself. Can you message me exactly who I have spoken to on the committee at Arthurlie? Despite me being a Barrhead native, I no longer live in the area and I cannot remember the last time I had a conversation with anyone on the committee within the last couple of years. That’s assuming I’m the other party you have accused of declaring my interest in the position. By the way, I know the majority of the Arthurlie squad, I assume I can no longer take in any games or watch any team for that matter, who said I wasn’t scouting on behalf of a friend in the SPFL? Point is, you have my username, I will keep it open for a couple of days, if you want to talk about it give me a call, I’m happy to speak to you about what I might or might not have done. Sabri Lamouchi might be on a Nottingham Forest forum calling me out due to my attendance at their games also.

I know invariably I will probably be slaughtered more for this post but if I’m honest I couldn’t care less about what people think of me, if they state facts and do not mislead on them. I will not be replying to further conjecture or anything for that matter. What I will say is things like this website are pretty good, there are one or two posters who are level headed.

To be totally transparent and clear also, yes, I have been in helping with Saltcoats since the summer. I also coach the SYFA under 17s. Do I want to be a manager? Of course, I do, more importantly to me Iain McMillan and Brian Sproule know that. Both are aware of previous interviews and will be notified of any interviews I’m invited to attend, if I’m lucky enough to get one that is.

Regards,
Ross Wilson

I bet you’re glad to get that off your chest,to be honest I would have sacked you after the Cambuslang game when you had to be physically restrained by the Meadow centre half from assaulting the referee .

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Thereporter is desperate for everyone to believe that George Grierson was in for an interview last night, despite it having already been confirmed that Tony McInally had the job. Sums him up really.

Does not mean that he was not at Cumnock to talk to them last night, does it?

5 minutes ago, Thereporter said:

Does not mean that he was not at Cumnock to talk to them last night, does it?

What, the fact that Cumnock announced last night that Tony McInally is their new manager ?

Most of us operate in the real world, but your world seems to revolve around Grierson, and wee fantasies.

You crack on, the rest of us will continue to point and giggle.

Why does kilbrinie and pollok fans dislike him so much anyone care to elaborate ? Seems a good guy hope he does well here 

The Kilbirnie fans jumped up on his dugout and one spat on Tony as he celebrated a Pollok goal he had a bit of a stramash with the fans that’s how they don’t like the man