Paul Burns N Cumnock

Gowfster

51 minutes ago, glasgowtaxi said:

Why am I a bellend.

If i have to tell you then i know i have it right.   Why are you accusing people of trying to get the manager's job at Dunterlie?   Are you the present manager or one of his assistants?  Are you one of the committee at  Dunterlie?  

0/4 is a good start, keep guessing
Time will tell,? Or have al 4 already said its a no from them, one man I know who is interested, Scott anson, is he maybe getting it, that's my latest guess, and yes he's interested as he's telling people

If i have to tell you then i know i have it right.   Why are you accusing people of trying to get the manager's job at Dunterlie?   Are you the present manager or one of his assistants?  Are you one of the committee at  Dunterlie?  

I have no idea who this lad is but can assure you it’s not Sinky, Tam or I

I promised myself I wouldn’t get involved when I received a couple screenshots detailing some of the spurious comments on this post but against my better judgement, I felt I had to put out some sort of reply whether it be myself or through someone else.

Firstly, I’m not FootballFan whomever although I’d like to thank them for stating facts and providing some sort of defence.

I understand the dislike from the Irvine Meadow support for myself, for many months I didn’t hold them in particularly high regard either. Irvine Meadow are a massive club with many fans and a great history, I don’t think many people would have denied themselves the chance to manage there.

Before I say anything, Brian McGinty has done a great job at Irvine Meadow and the committee have been justified with the decision to sack me. I still do not believe it was the correct one but I’m smart enough to acknowledge that they are now challenging for honours and he deserves more credit that he gets for that.

As a manager I made mistakes and I’m the first to hold my hands up to that. 11 of them to be exact (Leaving a great wee club like Kello on the crest of a wave and in the manner I did is mistake 1 of 11 but hindsight is a wonderful thing) but if a 28 year old manager at that time didn’t make mistakes then I’d be manager of Brazil by now. More importantly, I learned from everyone and became a better person and coach for it. If I’m continually going to be slaughtered because I didn’t have a successful period at one club, then we should just burst the ball and go up the road and forget about football or doing anything at all.

If my tenure there, losing 4 and winning 6 in 13 competitive fixtures (Hurlford 0-2, Petershill 0-4, Renfrew 1-2 and Cambuslang 3-4 all three of whom were promoted and the other a premier league side) is deemed a disaster, then fair enough, people pay their money and are entitled to there opinion. If fans deem losing a glorified, gala day game where I treated it for what it is… a friendly, a sackable offence, fair enough but if a great club like Irvine Meadow deem winning that there be all and end all, then that is sad for a club that size. If shouting in the face of a match official in the pavilion and receiving a £50 fine is a sackable offence, again, fair enough, unreasonable but that’s my opinion. By the way, in the league we had played 6, won 2, drew 1 and lost 3, finished 3 points better off in the sectional cup from the previous season and won our Scottish Cup tie, just in case there is any future journalistic license.

Just to be clear, I went into the club with 9 players signed, I signed 11 or so. I agree not all of them worked out, but not all signings work out at every club. It doesn’t mean they are a bad player it just means that the shoe didn’t fit, in fact of those 11, Eddie McTernan fired the team to promotion with his goals, Rhys Devlin proved to be a shrewd acquisition, Ryan Carnwath (who was openly called terrible by some) won player of the year and is a main stay in the team, Aaron Connolly suffered in my final match a serious injury (and had been picking up knocks beforehand) went on to score some good goals for the club, Darren Miller has been another mainstay in the team, Con Boyle scored a hattrick against Kilwinning Rangers in a win and Steven McKeown left at the same time I left and was doing well until then. The others I signed again, were not bad football players, they have proved themselves at other clubs and currently continue to do so.

If you know anything about football, or claim to know anything, putting a team together when you’ve had to sign 11 to add to the existing 9, and try to get them playing in a different way, believe it or not, is difficult and unachievable by the middle of October. If you’re really unsure about that, go and look at the history books. I’m sure if you check Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola’s file, they didn’t enjoy a successful start. More recently, fans expected Darvel to go on and romp the league. I’m sure my old friend Darvel Legend and Mr Kennedy will have considered that they required time to knit all those excellent players they signed together.

Do I think we would’ve won promotion, absolutely? Every player in the squad was good enough and they went on to prove it with the adjustments Brian McGinty made (player and tactical wise).

I won’t go into what else was going on, all I will say is, at the time, on the advice of a well-respected man within the game who I also call a friend, tell the truth, and then you don’t need to change your story.

In relation to GlasgowTaxi’s claims, he is correct, I did attend an Arthurlie game. I’d like to place on record my apology to himself and the rest of the backroom team at Arthurlie. My partners mum takes our child every Saturday afternoon while I go to football so as you can probably understand we had to arrange alternative childcare with her as a result. She did not return from Silverburn in time for me to collect my son in the afternoon and as I did not have a key for her house, I therefore decided to go down and take in the Arthurlie game (Neilston were away from home for the avoidance of doubt).

I know who Arthurlie1981 is, and I’m sure he will confirm that I kept myself to myself. Can you message me exactly who I have spoken to on the committee at Arthurlie? Despite me being a Barrhead native, I no longer live in the area and I cannot remember the last time I had a conversation with anyone on the committee within the last couple of years. That’s assuming I’m the other party you have accused of declaring my interest in the position. By the way, I know the majority of the Arthurlie squad, I assume I can no longer take in any games or watch any team for that matter, who said I wasn’t scouting on behalf of a friend in the SPFL? Point is, you have my username, I will keep it open for a couple of days, if you want to talk about it give me a call, I’m happy to speak to you about what I might or might not have done. Sabri Lamouchi might be on a Nottingham Forest forum calling me out due to my attendance at their games also.

I know invariably I will probably be slaughtered more for this post but if I’m honest I couldn’t care less about what people think of me, if they state facts and do not mislead on them. I will not be replying to further conjecture or anything for that matter. What I will say is things like this website are pretty good, there are one or two posters who are level headed.

To be totally transparent and clear also, yes, I have been in helping with Saltcoats since the summer. I also coach the SYFA under 17s. Do I want to be a manager? Of course, I do, more importantly to me Iain McMillan and Brian Sproule know that. Both are aware of previous interviews and will be notified of any interviews I’m invited to attend, if I’m lucky enough to get one that is.

Regards,
Ross Wilson

Edited by RossWilson
changing 3 wins to 2 for the league.