ICT vs. Dundee

Not exactly related to the game but I’m glad to see we are going to get out of our current financial predicament by exploiting the dirty old men of Dundee.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/lapdancing-plan-for-old-nightclub-owned-by-football-chairman-in-dundee-city-centre/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
"When asked the name of the interested operator, Mr Morrison said he could not recall it."

Seems legit.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I'll help jog his memory. 

This c**t https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-20985477

Interesting to hear ICT are now involved in an international crime syndicate, laundering money and evading tax. And I thought letting in members of the armed forces cheaper on Saturday was a bit staunch.... 

Just now, Worktheshaft said:

Interesting to hear ICT are now involved in an international crime syndicate, laundering money and evading tax. And I thought letting in members of the armed forces cheaper on Saturday was a bit staunch.... 

I'd like to distance myself from such libellous allegations. 

I was merely pointing out both him and his brother have been the lease holders on the property in its last (about) 10 guises. An application by the brother to open a strip club elsewhere in the town was turned down not too long ago. 

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'd like to distance myself from such libellous allegations. 

I was merely pointing out both him and his brother have been the lease holders on the property in its last (about) 10 guises. An application by the brother to open a strip club elsewhere in the town was turned down not too long ago. 

My lawyer has also instructed me to distance myself from my previous comment.

Dundee were shite. Their only plan seemed to be a ball over the top to McDaid who was roasting Mckay for most of the game but he had no final ball to speak of so any time it looked like they might threaten he sent it out for a throw in. We were our own worst enemy with Ridgers getting in a right mess and coming out to claim a ball he was never getting and the ball nearly ended up in the net until Tremarco flew in to clear it away.

Some finish by Doran from a stupidly tight angle for our goal. Probably our only real good bit of attacking play. Great effort from Carson to set up the goal as well. Hadn't seen him be so combative before and it's been a while since we've had someone with that kind of dig in the middle. Doran should have had a second but somehow dribbled into the keeper rather around him to seal the game.

Not quite seeing the good performance that some fans have been commenting on. I guess we did well with a reshaped team playing a slightly different formation but I was disappointed at how much we sat back after going ahead. Dundee were no great shakes and we are definitely better when we go on the offensive.

Tremarco was probably my MotM even without that diving headed clearance. Donaldson and McCart looked a bit more solid at the back as well and Carson, as mentioned above, showed a lot of dig in midfield and it was great to see him celebrating the way he was at the end. Clearly meant a lot to him.

51 minutes ago, RiG said:

Dundee were shite. Their only plan seemed to be a ball over the top to McDaid who was roasting Mckay for most of the game but he had no final ball to speak of so any time it looked like they might threaten he sent it out for a throw in. We were our own worst enemy with Ridgers getting in a right mess and coming out to claim a ball he was never getting and the ball nearly ended up in the net until Tremarco flew in to clear it away.

Some finish by Doran from a stupidly tight angle for our goal. Probably our only real good bit of attacking play. Great effort from Carson to set up the goal as well. Hadn't seen him be so combative before and it's been a while since we've had someone with that kind of dig in the middle. Doran should have had a second but somehow dribbled into the keeper rather around him to seal the game.

Not quite seeing the good performance that some fans have been commenting on. I guess we did well with a reshaped team playing a slightly different formation but I was disappointed at how much we sat back after going ahead. Dundee were no great shakes and we are definitely better when we go on the offensive.

Tremarco was probably my MotM even without that diving headed clearance. Donaldson and McCart looked a bit more solid at the back as well and Carson, as mentioned above, showed a lot of dig in midfield and it was great to see him celebrating the way he was at the end. Clearly meant a lot to him.

Dundee have spent the whole league campaign trying to play the ball out and having no target man, I feel Inverness spent five minutes researching us and just didn't allow us to play that game. I'll defend McDaid, I thought he was good and he is a livewire but he was our only midfield player who started with any attacking intent and he had to do way too much alone.  There were times where he'd traveled 20-30 yards alone and beat a couple of players yet had zero outlet because we had 4 old centre midfielders on with no attacking intent or any speed of any sort. The set-up was embarrassing and a 1-0 defeat flattered us, some better decision making and I think you guys should have given us a humping.

I always think Ridgers is a bit shaky for you guys (maybe reinforced with his howler in the League Cup) but Donaldson and McCart were both immense and when we did bring on the second winger towards the end of the game, both of them handled things really well. I don't know how bad your finances are with the recent stories but I could definitely see interest in both of those guys as soon as January.  I'd love to trade one for captain dimwit if you guys were daft enough to take that trade.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Reads like at Dundee there will be a few players coming in during the window and some being moved on.

We've been here before many times with Dundee fans trying to flog the idea to us that our former players are not up to their standard and should return immediately, forgetting why they were signed in the first place. I'll simply ask what are Dundee doing to them that causes them in your opinion to lose their way? Coaching, tactics, players playing in positions they are not familiar with or suitable for?

tbf I think most are of the view that the current squad is actually relatively decent. Most players in their mid 20s etc, I think a fair number of them could be here a while.

The issue with Meekings is that he's spent years of his career on the physio table, it's not his fault but he's lost a lot of pace and he's not really got any brilliant aerial ability or footballing brain to fall back on. Similar story to Vincent, he was just absolutely broken and ended up struggling quite a bit at top flight level, he wasn't actually as hated as made out on here and he did give us some decent games but I think the anger was that we spent a big three year deal on someone with an injury record like that. I think most would have conceded he could maybe have been a fine back-up option this year but we had other issues and weren't going to give him another wage, especially with young Finlay Robertson coming through and obviously the perception of him being a waste of a wage had already set in.

Williams I think maybe does have a case for having quite a harsh time here, I thought he looked fine in the first couple of games but was then not deployed on the wing ever again (instead asked to play wing back or the middle of a central 3 in a 5-3-2 type thing). Hartley expected to throw him into the team and him to be Greg Stewart 2.0 and I think a lot of the support did too. Hartley and McCann made some utterly dreadful squad management decisions and sometimes signed individuals without really any plan on how they'd be used and I think that's probably what caused us to have a massive turnover.

There also does seem to be this thing where players just seem to be better in the Highlands in general. No idea if that's substantiated or not but it does feel like yourselves and County do often sign players derided elsewhere who do go on and be decent. Maybe the location requiring players to move up is a good thing for young guys to screw the head on and not get into trouble (maybe relevant for someone like Donaldson who seemed to take quite badly to the pressure at United and almost try and square go with fans etc), no idea though.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Dundee have spent the whole league campaign trying to play the ball out and having no target man, I feel Inverness spent five minutes researching us and just didn't allow us to play that game. I'll defend McDaid, I thought he was good and he is a livewire but he was our only midfield player who started with any attacking intent and he had to do way too much alone.  There were times where he'd traveled 20-30 yards alone and beat a couple of players yet had zero outlet because we had 4 old centre midfielders on with no attacking intent or any speed of any sort. The set-up was embarrassing and a 1-0 defeat flattered us, some better decision making and I think you guys should have given us a humping.

I always think Ridgers is a bit shaky for you guys (maybe reinforced with his howler in the League Cup) but Donaldson and McCart were both immense and when we did bring on the second winger towards the end of the game, both of them handled things really well. I don't know how bad your finances are with the recent stories but I could definitely see interest in both of those guys as soon as January.  I'd love to trade one for captain dimwit if you guys were daft enough to take that trade.

I think that's fair. I quite like McDaid but obviously I don't see him every week like you guys will do but on Saturday he was the only guy in the Dundee side who looked capable of making something happen. Ridgers is a great shot stopper but he can be a bit prone to a brain fart when it comes to collecting a cross or a high ball into the box. Most of the time he is fine and he's probably as good a keeper as we can expect for the money we have. Donaldson and McCart are both out of contract at the end of the season IIRC. Donaldson is meant to be off to County and I can see McCart moving on as well unless we get promoted. Shame to lose them, especially for buttons, but they're not going to want to keep playing for ICT forever if they can get a better move.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

There also does seem to be this thing where players just seem to be better in the Highlands in general. No idea if that's substantiated or not but it does feel like yourselves and County do often sign players derided elsewhere who do go on and be decent. Maybe the location requiring players to move up is a good thing for young guys to screw the head on and not get into trouble (maybe relevant for someone like Donaldson who seemed to take quite badly to the pressure at United and almost try and square go with fans etc), no idea though.

A lot of what you have to say re players being comfortable and enhancing their careers at RC and ourselves could be down to many factors, one obviously is that we are relatively new to senior football and fans and management have no hang up's about past glories or great teams of the fifties or sixties etc, so fans and management expectations of the more established teams such as the two Dundee outfits can create immense pressure on players.

That is not to say that we are not ambitious in our own way forward.