When do you go to sleep?

I work constant backshift at the moment, I get in about 1230am and I am trying to sleep quickly, I usually stay up to about 230am or 3am. It completely fucks me.
I reckon my health has deteriorated as a result.
I work backshift as well finish at 11 and end up browsing the forums until about 4 in the morning, I have lost about 3 stone in the last year and I'm weigh about 10 st now, feel like utter shite most of the day as well.

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, Bombardier1984 said:

If it is interesting for statistics, really, I go to sleep at 00:00 or later. But if you are interested in healthy sleep it is better to be in your bed not later than 22:00, because this 2 hours before 00:00 are the main hours of healthy relaxation when the brain really rest and reloads. To tell the truth, there was a period when I took care of my sleep and its phases. Every morning, I analyzed the indicators of my fitness bracelet, but really nothing will help you to relax well as an active lifestyle, regime, silence, and comfortable bed like those from the SHADY LINK REMOVED.  If you have no conditions for a good sleep no matter how much you sleep, nothing helps you.

@Cardinal Richelieu

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Since I've left school I've either been at uni or working full time doing really weird shifts in a 24hr restaurant. This, combined with me being a bit of an insomniac already, has resulted in my natural sleep pattern being going to bed about 5 or 6am and getting up at some point in the afternoon. I'm alright if I get into a routine but as soon as I have a few days off or don't have anything to do during the day I invariably start becoming nocturnal. 
This doesn't really bother me right now, though it is hell on earth waking up at 2 in the afternoon on my day off and having to be up at 5 the next morning for work. It'll probably take a lot to adjust if I ever end up with a regular 9-5 job though.
When do you go to sleep P&B?
Lazy c**t

• 4 months later...

Wherever I fall asleep as long as I have my blanket I am fine haha. I actually used to suffer from insomnia. I mean it would take me hours to actually fall asleep. I would toss and turn and fidget and get anxious since I was losing time, that I needed to rest. I would end up exhausted and tired and cranky every day and I would snap at my partner and honestly overall would feel like shit. I talked with my therapist about it and he suggested I get something called an anxiety blanket. I had very little idea what it was and after some research I was still kind of skeptical but I decided to give it a try since I was already struggling and my mental state was not the best, and I was toxic to my family because of it. I settled on the knitted version and I have been using it for a few months already. It takes some time of course but I feel the difference even though for me it was more gradual then for other people. It is useful but you do need to work with a therapist in my opinion to get the best results

Edited by EvanKing

21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Been off work again since December and my sleep pattern is shot. I'm usually not sleeping before 3am now. Sooner I get back to work the better tbh.

Yeah, I've been there. Thankfully my son's still going to school, so I have to be up and active in the mornings, or I'd absolutely slide into the pattern of staying up all night. It's so odd how some of us seem to naturally develop a nocturnal schedule. When I was a teenager, I'd stay up late to watch arthouse films on BBC2 and daft shit like that, but there's no reason for it now.

Anyway, I normally try to get to bed at 10pm, and I'm up for work at 6am. Unfortunately, I need a good ten hours sleep per night in order to feel properly awake, so I generally catch up on sleep at the weekend  <_<

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sleep well as long as I get to go to sleep the way I like. Perfect wind down routine for me is for wife to go up ahead of me and do all her stuff before I come up. I will spend circa 30 mins on my own downstairs. 

Then I come up, brush my teeth and get into bed. The TV will be on, which is ideal. Then are we both get sleepy I turn it off and voila, out like a light. 

if I jump into bed stressed or if they kids are fannying about and being annoying then I sleep badly, waking up with a start in the night. 

I think it’s a kind of sleep PTSD from a near decade of disrupted sleep caused by the weans.

6 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Genuinely don’t get how folk can stay up late on a near daily basis. My standard is bed at 9 and up at 7:30. If I had my way and nothing to do I’d sleep in till midday and have a nap at 4.

I'm never in bed before 11:45 and usually wake up at 6am when the wife and son start their day.  Not a fan of napping at all but there is no greater pleasure than an unplanned nap which just happens naturally.  I had one last night watching TV.  Or am I thinking of a W***?

I'm never in bed before 11:45 and usually wake up at 6am when the wife and son start their day.  Not a fan of napping at all but there is no greater pleasure than an unplanned nap which just happens naturally.  I had one last night watching TV.  Or am I thinking of a W***?
You dont plan your wanks?

Dont you end up falling behind?