Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Chair

LGBT

I played against a chap in the juniors in the early nineties, he wore a silk scarf in the winter, I’ve been racking my head as to what his name was, like me he was gay, it got me thinking, is it still a taboo in the juniors.

I played against a chap in the juniors in the early nineties, he wore a silk scarf in the winter, I’ve been racking my head as to what his name was, like me he was gay, it got me thinking, is it still a taboo in the juniors.
Has it ever been taboo in the juniors ?

1 hour ago, Bruce Chair said:

Very strange 1st post.   I hope the purpose of this thread is not to out the guy. 

Now let's see, a Gold member but with a first post ... so are you an activist of the LGBT community trying to provoke a discussion to root out intolerance, or are you Russian trying to infiltrate using Social Media to further unrest in the country.   Whoever you are you should be banned from the forum by the mods.   Junior Football is about football for all, no barriers to entry, except for malicious perverts, end of story.

I remember him, he used to be gay, but he got reinstated.

Nobody in the juniors or any other level of football really cares about someone's sexuality. If they play for the Jersey and play well that's all anyone cares about. (there are two judgements, good player or bad player).

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Nobody in the juniors or any other level of football really cares about someone's sexuality. If they play for the Jersey and play well that's all anyone cares about. (there are two judgements, good player or bad player).

the critic dancing GIF

TB, i believe your attempts at jocularity and humour are verging on the distasteful.  

Maybe time for a rethink about your "funny" contributions on this thread.

Did not expect a thread like this to appear on Friday night, some very odd reactions.

On topic I don’t think its anymore taboo in junior football than elsewhere in the sport, a lot of progress has been made and a lot more that needs to be done. there’s certainly homophobia that exists in the sport, but I think the balance has shifted and you are more likely to be condemned for homophobia than supported, but as long as a % think it’s ok to use homophobia to attack others then there’s still a fight to be had

Did not expect a thread like this to appear on Friday night, some very odd reactions.

On topic I don’t think its anymore taboo in junior football than elsewhere in the sport, a lot of progress has been made and a lot more that needs to be done. there’s certainly homophobia that exists in the sport, but I think the balance has shifted and you are more likely to be condemned for homophobia than supported, but as long as a % think it’s ok to use homophobia to attack others then there’s still a fight to be had

Thanks for taking the time to give me an answer, I myself played football at a good level and found it very hard back then.