Are here any fans of German and Finnish music?

IsoVoittaja

German and Finnish music  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 03:08, Andrew Wells said:

I'm sure there's loads of metal bands I like that hail from Germany, but I'm a big fan of Avantasia and Helloween. That's the ones I know for sure.

I loved The Rasmus back when Dead Letters was out and it was a total thrill to see them play it in full the other week, but I just didn't pay any attention to them after that.

Grave digger, Edguy, Accept, kreator etc, they love their metal bands over there, nearly forgot about the scorpions...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I listen to a lot of German music. Roland Kaiser, Helene Fischer, Beatrice Egli, Anna Maria Zimmermann, Thomas Anders (formerly of Modern Talking). All cheesy Schlager efforts. Also like the Drunken Ballermann stuff like Julian Benz (Jöli), Ingo ohne Flamingo, Lorenz Büffel, Honk, Mickie Krause... Lot of crazy drunken shite but it's helping me learn German 😂😂

German artists I could name plenty, guilty pleasures with Boney M and Modern Talking, but over the years I loved Kraftwerk, Sash, Paul van Dyk, Cosmic Gate etc etc

The new (well the English spoken version is) album by Marko Hietala (from of course Nightwish) is bloody good to say the least. Quite proggy and folky.

Plenty of bands from Europe in general and Scandinavia.  

Some more I don't think have been mentioned so far:

For Finland

Apocalyptica,

Lordi (for fun metal) ,

Korpiklaani (for beer drinking),

Von Hertzen Brothers (for progging out to)  

For Germany

Rage; Eloy; RPWL;  Accept: Kreator: Powerwolf (fabulous live): Uli Jon Roth: Orden Ogan: Die Toten Hosen (saw them only once sadly, they supported Terrorvision at the Barras).

There are probably plenty more but those are some of the ones I like and most of whom I have seen live as well. 

Bet someone will eventually say one that will make me kick myself for not thinking of!