Edinburgh City vs Elgin City

I do agree with most of that Ally, except the goalie McAdams goal kick outs are brutal, mostly kicking  it out of play and resulting in us being under pressure again.  Why can't he just kick it straight down the middle like every other goalie does?  
You're a bit harsh on kieran Stewart as well. He's been out months and certainly  wasn't the worst player!!!   Step forward Liam Henderson....bombscare! Not good enough for us if we really want to push on.

Aye Henderson was brutal yesterday, poorest I’ve ever seen him. McAdams isn’t great with his feet by any stretch but he made a few decent saves.

Aye Henderson was brutal yesterday, poorest I’ve ever seen him. McAdams isn’t great with his feet by any stretch but he made a few decent saves.
After many seasons of having keepers that couldn't kick, we now have a good one in Thomas McHale. Makes a big difference to a team when you aren't immediately put back under pressure due to a crap kick-out.

Good effort and performance from the players yesterday, I don't think I've ever seen Shane work so hard. No bad performances really IMO. I thought we were the better team overall but it was pretty tight and a draw is a decent enough result. My main gripe would be that we sat too deep too early, and after conceding our lineup was too defensive to really push for a winner (although Cooper had a shot well saved near the end). Hesters pace at the end could've really stretched them, albeit I understand he ran himself into the ground as always and probably needed subbed.

Would've been happy with a point beforehand and we're in a good position now. Please keep it up boys.

12 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

No, but most teams at our level if not playing out from the back set up at one side of the pitch and goalie accordingly kicks it to that side. Maybe your goalie is just crap at kicking!

T & G : I think that's the point that Tenkay is making. His kicking was very poor even allowing for the wind yesterday  but in mitigation he pulled off a brilliant save from a Matt Cooper curving shot from just outside the box to save them a draw right at the death.

Thought Elgin were on top form yesterday,especially in the second half. Great individual performances all round. One or two Elgin fans beside me though Euan Spark had a really impressive game and Daniel McKay gave their defence a hard time with his speed and penetrating runs. As usual, SS and KH were instrumental in keeping the opposing defence busy all afternoon. It was also good to see Connor O'Keefe back on the park after his long term injury incurred in the Hibs' Colts game at Easter Road.

I was right behind the goal when Shephard went down in the box but his impersonation of a sack of tatties getting thrown on the deck did not impress the ref,who as a previous poster suggested was whistle happy all afternoon.

Two goals chalked off,one for each team both at the end where  I was standing looked OK to me but the offside rule has become a mystery to me these days.

Good unexpected point where prior to the game, most Elgin fans would have settled for just that and of course ECFC fans will be happy as we have given our good friends at Cove an advantage. 😅😅

No minute's silence prior to kick off yesterday? What happened there?

Edited by Elginstreetbadger

2 hours ago, Elginstreetbadger said:

I think we're having it next week.

I don't know that, but the guy on the tannoy announced something about us having visitors next weekend from serviceman and ladies?

2 hours ago, Elginstreetbadger said:

T & G : I think that's the point that Tenkay is making. His kicking was very poor even allowing for the wind yesterday

I was right behind the goal when Shephard went down in the box but his impersonation of a sack of tatties getting thrown on the deck did not impress the ref,who as a previous poster suggested was whistle happy all afternoon.

Two goals chalked off,one for each team both at the end where  I was standing looked OK to me but the offside rule has become a mystery to me these days.

Good unexpected point where prior to the game, most Elgin fans would have settled for just that and of course ECFC fans will be happy as we have given our good friends at Cove an advantage. 😅😅

Aye ex teams from the Highland league helping each other oot, eh! 😀

The referee was useless yesterday and the linemen a waste of time being there. I suppose they were rotten for both teams, but two wrongs etc.

Anyway see you again in the playoffs I'd guess.

Edited by Tenkay

Aye. Elgin helping  Cove Rangers out.Bit of history there.😂  You'll be suggesting next that Elgin will be having a benefit match to help the Caley out of their dire financial circumstances.

Fair play on the servicemen coming next week.Still, we must have been the only match where the silence wasn't observed.   As we are playing Raith on Friday night , perhaps with a long bit of Army service myself (Army Catering Corp and Catering Support Regt-Trained Killers😂)perhaps I should pop along and get my free tea and pie🥧?

5 hours ago, Elginstreetbadger said:

T & G : I think that's the point that Tenkay is making. His kicking was very poor even allowing for the wind yesterday  but in mitigation he pulled off a brilliant save from a Matt Cooper curving shot from just outside the box to save them a draw right at the death.

Thought Elgin were on top form yesterday,especially in the second half. Great individual performances all round. One or two Elgin fans beside me though Euan Spark had a really impressive game and Daniel McKay gave their defence a hard time with his speed and penetrating runs. As usual, SS and KH were instrumental in keeping the opposing defence busy all afternoon. It was also good to see Connor O'Keefe back on the park after his long term injury incurred in the Hibs' Colts game at Easter Road.

I agree that Shepherd is prone to the odd "simulation" (he's no Goodwillie- we never seem to get penalties from them though!) but Daniel McKay (who was quite impressive) managed at one point to fall down when an Edinburgh City player was a foot away from him, let alone with minimum contact.

With the possible exception of Brechin who are too crap to get away with play acting it seems every team in this league does it, an unfortunate feature of the modern game.