Edinburgh City vs Elgin City

Our friends from Elgin City face the long trip down to Edinburgh on Saturday, for a league 2 match between two teams in good form at present.

Elgin are flying just now with 5 good wins in succession and will provide a tough test here for us at Ainslie park.

Edinburgh City are decent as well just now but will need to sharpen up and play a bit better than last week if we're to get the vital three points here. Very tough game for  us and would be delighted with any win.

Edited by Tenkay

E=mc2 is  energy equals mass times the speed of light. Here we have EC v EC which is EC2

Therefore the formula must be EC2=m

where E = entertainment, C = the c*ntishness of the referee and m equals a definite home win.

Got that.

Good.

einstein.jpg.3a28d2ad32750802b2a353d4d52885c7.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this game goes tomorrow (whilst freezing at Balmoral Park).Should be a belter! Elgin are one of the form teams in the league currently and with Sutherland,Hester and Omar they have goalscorers.

Edinburgh City at home are extremely strong and possess so much attacking strength. 

Best game in the league this weekend without a shadow of a doubt.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

A point gained or two dropped? Disappointed that City "only" drew at Ainslie Park after leading for so long. Perhaps a good sign on my part...

I think it was a point gained for the home side. Elgin impressive on the counter attack. A comment from the crowd "that's the best Elgin have played in Edinburgh".

Just now, tamthebam said:

I think it was a point gained for the home side. Elgin impressive on the counter attack. A comment from the crowd "that's the best Elgin have played in Edinburgh".

Probably my brother.

I was worried  before kick-off once I saw the starting line-up  for Edinburgh!  I'm going to say McDonaugh has cost us any chance of a win today!

Some poor players selected to start  unfortunately,  so a draw was not the worst thing.

Elgin were decent, and won't have had a better chance of a win in Edinburgh recently.

City (Edinburgh) were rubbish and need to get the finger out to maintain a place off position.  No chance of catching Cove!

Both teams looked to have legitimate goals disallowed, also thought we should have had a penalty for a foul on Shepherd in the 2nd half. We were very poor after a bright start and Elgin had by far the better of the game.

Some dreadful individual performances with only McAdams, Balatoni, Cane and Harris (at a push) getting pass marks from those who started the game. Reserving most of the blame for the manager though, thought he got it totally wrong. The back 3 didn’t work and never looked like doing so, Sinclair is too soft and too careless with the ball to play centre mid, Kieran Stewart looked miles off the standard required (I get he’s been injured and was probably out of position) and our panicky hoofing of the ball up to Shepherd at every opportunity was incredibly frustrating. If we’re going to punt the ball into the sky we may as well have some physical presence to punt it toward. A lot of that is down to team selection.

Final mention to the referee who must have thought he was getting paid by the whistle, the amount of times he blew that thing for no discernible reason whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Both teams looked to have legitimate goals disallowed, also thought we should have had a penalty for a foul on Shepherd in the 2nd half. We were very poor after a bright start and Elgin had by far the better of the game.

Some dreadful individual performances with only McAdams, Balatoni, Cane and Harris (at a push) getting pass marks from those who started the game. Reserving most of the blame for the manager though, thought he got it totally wrong. The back 3 didn’t work and never looked like doing so, Sinclair is too soft and too careless with the ball to play centre mid, Kieran Stewart looked miles off the standard required (I get he’s been injured and was probably out of position) and our panicky hoofing of the ball up to Shepherd at every opportunity was incredibly frustrating. If we’re going to punt the ball into the sky we may as well have some physical presence to punt it toward. A lot of that is down to team selection.

Final mention to the referee who must have thought he was getting paid by the whistle, the amount of times he blew that thing for no discernible reason whatsoever.

@AllyMonc - ”getting paid by the whistle” - like it 😂

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

I do agree with most of that Ally, except the goalie McAdams goal kick outs are brutal, mostly kicking  it out of play and resulting in us being under pressure again.  Why can't he just kick it straight down the middle like every other goalie does?  

You're a bit harsh on kieran Stewart as well. He's been out months and certainly  wasn't the worst player!!!   Step forward Liam Henderson....bombscare! Not good enough for us if we really want to push on.

25 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

No modern day keeper kicks it down the middle. They go either side of the pitch.

Really?   Well I ain't seen any other goalie constantly booting the ball out the side of the pitch for a throw in for the other team!

Were you at Ainslie Park to know what I'm talking about?

Edited by Tenkay