Ross County v Aberdeen - apparently.

Anyone who thinks Considine is a carthorse needs to update their opinion on him. Our best defender this season and has improved so much throughout his career. 

The ref yesterday was awful, missed two penalty shouts for us. Granted, we did score straight after Cosgrove was wiped out. One penalty shout resulted in County breaking away and Ferguson was subsequently booked for cynically stopping a County player. A phase of play that should never happened. Missed a blatant booking for Kelly after taking out Cosgrove after about 30 minutes. 

Good to see the nutcases back in our support yesterday, atmosphere was immense. Anyone in our support who complains about it need put down. 

We may as well have had a big sign saying "Aberdeen score here" for all three goals. Wasn't a huge amount between the two teams but Aberdeen could defend and we couldn't.

Eh ? Not a huge amount between the teams.

We absolutely dominated that game [emoji23][emoji23]

45 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Eh ? Not a huge amount between the teams.

We absolutely dominated that game emoji23.pngemoji23.png

You didn't really create a huge amount for large periods of the game, though.  Other than the three goals I'm struggling to think of any real times you totally cut us to pieces- Laidlaw pushed a shot over, one skimmed the crossbar and I think he caught a daisy cutter that was right at him. You had more of the ball and territory, but lots of it wasn't overly threatening. You just used the ball better than we did and didn't defend like utter muppets- looking at you, Josh Mullin for that disaster of a third goal.

I'm not saying Aberdeen didn't do enough to win but winning by two clear goals was a little harsh for me.

20 minutes ago, Comrie said:

You didn't really create a huge amount for large periods of the game, though.  Other than the three goals I'm struggling to think of any real times you totally cut us to pieces- Laidlaw pushed a shot over, one skimmed the crossbar and I think he caught a daisy cutter that was right at him. You had more of the ball and territory, but lots of it wasn't overly threatening. You just used the ball better than we did and didn't defend like utter muppets- looking at you, Josh Mullin for that disaster of a third goal.

I'm not saying Aberdeen didn't do enough to win but winning by two clear goals was a little harsh for me.

I think that's a fair synopsis.

4 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

How’d Hedges do? His performances have been a little worrying, looked like his confidence was gone, but a goal should give him a lift?

McGinn and Considine pinging in screamers really shouldn’t surprise us anymore.

My criticism of Hedges is that he wants far too much time on the ball. I felt that was the case in the first half. Seemed far sharper in the second half for the time that he was on. 

From a Ross County perspective, I thought we were pretty dire. Don't remember us putting Aberdeen under a sustained spell of pressure or forcing lewis into many saves. 

How Gardyne got motm is beyond me. Lost count of the number of times he gave the gall away in the first half. 

Hoping to see Baxter get a chance in goal next week for us. Laidlaw positioning for the Aberdeen free-kicks was dreadful. 

17 goals conceaded in just 5 games tells you all you need to know about where we are at just now..

Edited by tintax

18 minutes ago, tintax said:

From a Ross County perspective, I thought we were pretty dire. Don't remember us putting Aberdeen under a sustained spell of pressure or forcing lewis into many saves. 

How Gardyne got motm is beyond me. Lost count of the number of times he gave the gall away in the first half. 

Hoping to see Baxter get a chance in goal next week for us. Laidlaw positioning for the Aberdeen free-kicks was dreadful. 

17 goals conceaded in just 5 games tells you all you need to know about where we are at just now..

Thought the first goal was a terrible combination of Laidlaw's positioning and a badly set up wall. From the Jailend you could see a big hole for McGinn to stick it in and he did.

Almost as if there’s a recurring issue that the managers seem incapable of addressing, isn’t it?

Thought the first goal was a terrible combination of Laidlaw's positioning and a badly set up wall. From the Jailend you could see a big hole for McGinn to stick it in and he did.

To be fair brysons run out wide was designed to drag a man out the wall and create a gap. It was quite clever actually.

It was noticeable, especially in the first half, that we were making more of an effort to build out from the back, rather than immediately punt the ball over Cosgrove's head and through to the opposition goalkeeper. Bryson and Ferguson were coming deep to receive possession, and Devlin and McKenna were making a genuine effort to play it into feet and to go wide to the full-backs and wingers. It was encouraging and we looked a better team for it. 

I thought McGinn was the best player on the pitch. Technically head and shoulders above anybody else in either kit. Scored with another excellent finish and continues to produce for us on a regular basis. A shockingly underrated player by Aberdeen supporters, and one of my favourite Dons players of the twenty-first century to date. 

16 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Ferguson was a foot outside the box when the ball hit his hand for the County penalty. Watch the replay.

I've no idea who the baldy khunt was refereeing but he was hopelessly out of his depth. He gave a free kick for handball against Logan in the 2nd half when it clearly came off his boot.

If you're not ready to referee at the top level, you shouldn't be there. 

Reported for hairism.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

It was a close enough game until we got the second. Once we gained the lead we didn't look like losing it.

It is relatively rare for us to lose a lead. 

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Almost as if there’s a recurring issue that the managers seem incapable of addressing, isn’t it?

The selection of Liam Fontaine!! 

He was finished last season in the championship, surprisingly he hasn't improved any up a division. I know Watson has made a few errors too but to continually pick Fontaine ahead of Watson or Grivosti is baffling. 

Ps I thought Kelly, Fraser, Spence & Henderson had great games yesterday. 

Great day, great away support.

Always felt comfortable, the 2 games v County have proved there is a gulf between the 2 teams.

Thought Greg Leigh was good again, but no failures in the team. Hope Bryson didn’t get a tweak of the injury again, he seemed to sneak off very early in 2nd half.

9 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Anyone who thinks Considine is a carthorse needs to update their opinion on him. Our best defender this season and has improved so much throughout his career. 

The ref yesterday was awful, missed two penalty shouts for us. Granted, we did score straight after Cosgrove was wiped out. One penalty shout resulted in County breaking away and Ferguson was subsequently booked for cynically stopping a County player. A phase of play that should never happened. Missed a blatant booking for Kelly after taking out Cosgrove after about 30 minutes. 

Good to see the nutcases back in our support yesterday, atmosphere was immense. Anyone in our support who complains about it need put down. 

You missed out the ref giving a foul against Logan for handball, when it hit his foot.