Queen's Park v Brechin City

3 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Somebody did tell me who our trialist goalkeeper was, but I've forgotten. Anyone got a better memory than me? Had been with Leeds apparently. Two short names, from what I remember. Looked decent, without having a lot to do. 

You lot could have played without a keeper in the first half ........................Can't comment on the second . ;)

8 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Somebody did tell me who our trialist goalkeeper was, but I've forgotten. Anyone got a better memory than me? Had been with Leeds apparently. Two short names, from what I remember. Looked decent, without having a lot to do. 

Name is Joshua Rae according to club website match report. Ex Celtic, Leeds, Hibs, and trialist at Athletico Madrid. 19 years old. I too thought he looked the part.

Regarding the match, I thought we were outstanding for 70 minutes albeit Brechin were absolutely shocking. Their performance was very reminiscent of Berwick last season and I do fear for them.
We reverted back to the system that was working great in the betfred cup and the opening league games and one of the big factors is having Clark back at centre of defence. He’s a lot more comfortable in the centre of defence rather than left back and there is no surprise that the whole team look a lot more solid. Delighted for Salim, he’s really starting to show his goal scoring abilities now, 8 goals currently and I have no doubt there will be a lot more to come by the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I was specifically addressing QP fans at that point. You are of course entitled to commiserate at the Clockwork. Having Queen’s Park and Scotland so close it’s a common occurrence.

:lol:  Aye , just me being mournful.  

With what I saw of the match Queens looked a decent side and bossed the midfield just as they did at the glebe . Saying that , I have never really seen a bad QP side ( comparing our current omnishambles of course)  in all the times over the years.  They always seem to be well organised and keen to impress.    Also worth pointing out that as an amatuer side you have managed to unearth and develop some talented players who have gone on to greater things.  Interesting to hear some of your fans suggesting that by going professional you will be able to entice some better quality players to the club.   Sometimes have to be careful what you wish for........................  Better quality sometimes  carries bigger egos ..............Sometimes you get more out of players who inspire to better themselves.     Just my opinion mind. ;)

On the matter of your future , will QP be playing at Lesser Hampden should the sale of the big hoose go through ?  

51 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

With what I saw of the match Queens looked a decent side and bossed the midfield just as they did at the glebe . Saying that , I have never really seen a bad QP side ( comparing our current omnishambles of course)  in all the times over the years.  They always seem to be well organised and keen to impress.    Also worth pointing out that as an amatuer side you have managed to unearth and develop some talented players who have gone on to greater things.  Interesting to hear some of your fans suggesting that by going professional you will be able to entice some better quality players to the club.   Sometimes have to be careful what you wish for........................  Better quality sometimes  carries bigger egos ..............Sometimes you get more out of players who inspire to better themselves.     Just my opinion mind. ;)

On the matter of your future , will QP be playing at Lesser Hampden should the sale of the big hoose go through ?  

Good points.

With what I saw of the match Queens looked a decent side and bossed the midfield just as they did at the glebe . Saying that , I have never really seen a bad QP side ( comparing our current omnishambles of course)  in all the times over the years.  They always seem to be well organised and keen to impress.    Also worth pointing out that as an amatuer side you have managed to unearth and develop some talented players who have gone on to greater things.  Interesting to hear some of your fans suggesting that by going professional you will be able to entice some better quality players to the club.   Sometimes have to be careful what you wish for........................  Better quality sometimes  carries bigger egos ..............Sometimes you get more out of players who inspire to better themselves.     Just my opinion mind. [emoji6]

As with all debates like this where a Change culture is required it’s always two polar opinions. The best outcome lies somewhere in the middle.

The new set-up will allow both professional and amateur. The club will retain it’s principles of honesty, integrity and playing the beautiful game. Recruitment policy for the team will be players who can work within our philosophy. Billy Bigboots not required. The same culture will be bred into all the youth players that our system will continue to grow. QPFC, the club, will set the standards, not some mercenary has-beens.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

4 hours ago, qpfc said:
Regarding the match, I thought we were outstanding for 70 minutes albeit Brechin were absolutely shocking. Their performance was very reminiscent of Berwick last season and I do fear for them.
We reverted back to the system that was working great in the betfred cup and the opening league games and one of the big factors is having Clark back at centre of defence. He’s a lot more comfortable in the centre of defence rather than left back and there is no surprise that the whole team look a lot more solid. Delighted for Salim, he’s really starting to show his goal scoring abilities now, 8 goals currently and I have no doubt there will be a lot more to come by the end of the season. 

We reverted back to it last week and look what’s happened. I appreciated what Mark was trying to do but it looks like he’s accepted that his player pool wasn’t quite up to the challenge. I applaud him for doing the bigger thing and shaping things to the player’s stengths. I agree with willibraveheart this new look is still to be properly tested but equally fixtures like this have cost us points this season and last and the emphatic wins are very encouraging.
The team hasn’t looked this well balanced in 2 months. How anyone can criticise Louderen is beyond me, he was a class above again yesterday and it was great to have his family in the stand on such a great performance. MotM well deserved.
Like last week there was plenty of individual candidates but the big difference is the central back 3. Little and Jamieson are just so strong on the ground and air and Clark is strolling through his sweeper role. It was also noticeable yesterday that their athleticism is allowing them to push forward whenever the midfield pressed high and this is making it really difficult for opposition strikers. If we can play like this next week we’ll do well.
Last but not least, the goals. Suddenly the lights have came on for Sal and the promise is now a deal. Apart from scoring five, four different scorers is a quiz night question for the future. McGrory had another peach and Summers’ had a Tommy Gemmill look about it. Galt didn’t quite make it but brought plenty to the team and some breathtaking trickery. And a special mention for the big mystery man in goals. Showed enough and a variety of saving styles to warrant more outings.
I’m chuffed for them all. They’ve enough between them for the top four, just need to believe it. Buzzin for Cowden already.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Excellent overall performance again, but as said Brechin were poor so maybe not a true representation. Strange how things work out, with Block's injury I feel the team has improved as Main and McGrory provide a lot more mobility in the middle. Felt the game also showed although Thomson is a talent, he may not yet be at the level that has been mentioned in previous weeks. If he does go to Newcastle, I really hope he does not vanish. Lidouren and Galt once again were great and Lidouren's skills at dead balls will lead to many goals for us as the season goes on.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As with all debates like this where a Change culture is required it’s always two polar opinions. The best outcome lies somewhere in the middle.

The new set-up will allow both professional and amateur. The club will retain it’s principles of honesty, integrity and playing the beautiful game. Recruitment policy for the team will be players who can work within our philosophy. Billy Bigboots not required. The same culture will be bred into all the youth players that our system will continue to grow. QPFC, the club, will set the standards, not some mercenary has-beens.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

How will having professionals and amateurs going to work? Will certainly lead to disharmony between the players and who could blame them? What exactly will the 'philosophy' of the Club be? If you are any good we will pay you and if you are not you get nothing?

56 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

How will having professionals and amateurs going to work? Will certainly lead to disharmony between the players and who could blame them? What exactly will the 'philosophy' of the Club be? If you are any good we will pay you and if you are not you get nothing?

In every company I've ever worked in, people with greater knowledge, experience and of more value to the company end up getting paid more than someone just out of school. If it's okay for the rest of the world it's perfectly fine for a wee corner of Glasgow.

25 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

In every company I've ever worked in, people with greater knowledge, experience and of more value to the company end up getting paid more than someone just out of school. If it's okay for the rest of the world it's perfectly fine for a wee corner of Glasgow.

Down the road at wee Pollok, we have a mix of Pros and Amateurs. It's pretty normal outwith the national divisions, and even within them, most U20 sides from L1/2 are full of amateurs.

Edited by cmontheloknow

29 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Down the road at wee Pollok, we have a mix of Pros and Amateurs. It's pretty normal outwith the national divisions, and even within them, most U20 sides from L1/2 are full of amateurs.

It's just my personal position, but some teams who've had a long time in the leagues and fearful of dropping down might see this model as a way forward. 

Fair play to Mark. I am the first to moan. But he deserves praise for the last couple of performances. We are scoring goals and look more of a threat going forward. Next few games will be a lot harder. Cowdenbeath, QOS and Edinburgh City.  If we continue the progress even if it is not with wins we should be okay.  

20 hours ago, PeterParker said:

Excellent overall performance again, but as said Brechin were poor so maybe not a true representation. Strange how things work out, with Block's injury I feel the team has improved as Main and McGrory provide a lot more mobility in the middle. Felt the game also showed although Thomson is a talent, he may not yet be at the level that has been mentioned in previous weeks. If he does go to Newcastle, I really hope he does not vanish. Lidouren and Galt once again were great and Lidouren's skills at dead balls will lead to many goals for us as the season goes on.

I have just watched the highlights and neither penalty looked a penalty. Lidouren has proved to be a great signing. His dead ball skills are excellent, his vision and passing are great and he is a combative tackler.

On 10/11/2019 at 16:48, Glasgow1999 said:

It seems to have worked OK for Edinburgh City over the years