Queen's Park v Brechin City

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Look forward to having Brechin visit Balmoral next Saturday.

I am not, which really pisses me off as I've been waiting for the novelty of watching my team play within 40 mins drive of my front door for 17 years. 

40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I am not, which really pisses me off as I've been waiting for the novelty of watching my team play within 40 mins drive of my front door for 17 years. 

Never know in football could get a result. Almost got something off of Edinburgh last week and you scored 2 against us at Glebe Park

For a change this season we were clinical in front of goal.  Defensively we are still shaky. Midfield wise getting better. Joffrey is a good player but his positioning needs improved. McGrory has come on over the last few games.  Sal looks good upfront. We score 5 and Galty does not score is a good sign. 

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Yes we are rubbish as amateurs. The sooner we are professional like Brechin and Stennie the better.

Or we could aspire to be like Arbroath, Alloa etc. Only looking at the worst case scenario is a rotten attitude and overtime staying amateur will eventually kill us off 

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Yes we are rubbish as amateurs. The sooner we are professional like Brechin and Stennie the better.

Typical blinkered view by those that don't appreciate the seriousness of our situation. The threats to our survival are in the leagues below. Kelty Hearts, Bonnyrigg Rose, East Kilbride, Formartine, Brora Rangers etc. They are all queuing up to take our league spot. In 10 years time at least half the clubs in our division will be out the SPFL, we have to recognise the threat and mitigate the risk. The best way is to get out the league by winning promotion and progessing up the leagues. We have an opportunity to do this on Thursday.

10 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Typical blinkered view by those that don't appreciate the seriousness of our situation. The threats to our survival are in the leagues below. Kelty Hearts, Bonnyrigg Rose, East Kilbride, Formartine, Brora Rangers etc. They are all queuing up to take our league spot. In 10 years time at least half the clubs in our division will be out the SPFL, we have to recognise the threat and mitigate the risk. The best way is to get out the league by winning promotion and progessing up the leagues. We have an opportunity to do this on Thursday.

That certainly worked well for us.  Up one, down two.  Hopefully just the two.

No disrespect to Brechin intended. It's just that some QP fans think that going professional is the answer to the universe and everything whereas it's actually 42.
You forgot 'life'.
And maybe going professional is just the answer to continuing life as one of the 42 SPFL clubs.

6 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

You forgot 'life'.
And maybe going professional is just the answer to continuing life as one of the 42 SPFL clubs.

My apologies. If going professional is the answer then it is only part of the answer. Being professional hasn't helped quite a few teams.

I reckon we will have a lot more success in attracting players to play and train in Glasgow than Brechin.

Players won't be training in Brechin and at the end of the day money would be the factor

However you are correct. Best way to avoid the bottom of League 2 is by not being in League 2.

Brechin are an exceptional case, no offence intended to any Brechin fans but they've managed to achieve an incredible level of shiteness these past few years

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Players won't be training in Brechin and at the end of the day money would be the factor

However you are correct. Best way to avoid the bottom of League 2 is by not being in League 2.

Brechin are an exceptional case, no offence intended to any Brechin fans but they've managed to achieve an incredible level of shiteness these past few years

Like East Stirlingshire and Berwick Rangers. Oh, wait a minute...

12 hours ago, The man with no name said:

The threat to our survival is also real and looming closer by the week. Going professional doesn't automatically increase your chances...............Unless of course you have an "investor" of Kelty / Cove proportions waiting in the wings. ;):whistle

I made the late decision to go to the game yesterday . First big mistake.   The second was not realising there was a whisky festival on at the stadium at the same time and not purchasing a ticket for that as I could only stomach 45 mins of the football before heading back to Clockwork. 

Well done to Queens though for PROFESSIONALLY taking apart our amatuer defence and non existent midfield. 

13 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The threat to our survival is also real and looming closer by the week. Going professional doesn't automatically increase your chances...............Unless of course you have an "investor" of Kelty / Cove proportions waiting in the wings. ;):whistle

A good point!