Queen's Park v Brechin City

It's oft said at this level that any side that can get a wee run together will soon climb the table. "Wee" isn't normally defined but 3 wins from 4 would be reassuring at least. The Disney version of course would be to just do what was done last week but that's not usually how it works. Consistency will be the main challenge.

If I ever move to Angus, Brechin City would be my club of choice. It's always a pleasure visiting the town and the Glebe. Hope they enjoy their trip to the Hampden Campus and sincerely hope that come May they are well clear of the trapdoor.

The style of our goals on Saturday lead me to think of a 2-0 home win.

If we keep it tight at the back like last week, we’ll grab a goal or 2 up the other end.

Galty said it in the post-match interview, we’ve conceded way too many on that poor run compared to the start of the season.

Opportunity to go 3 wins out of 4 which is positive.

Same team, formation and attitude as last week and we’ll be sound. Spiders win 2-0 [emoji106][emoji835]️[emoji836]️

We are desperate and will take anything but a good performance would be very welcome - there hasn’t been much sign of a new manager bounce yet and it’s hard to see where the improvement might come from. 

Not sure what i’d change from last week tho really. We started with one striker at home which is always a bit disappointing but is probably justifiable away. I’d like to see luke watt starting probably ahead of page and i’d Prob prefer olly Hamilton to one of inglis or Allan to drive some counter attacking in support of McManus but we don’t have an abundance of options if we’re honest. That leaves us with managerial tactical  master strokes or individual players having blinders as our routes to success. Still time for either to come to fruition but we need to start showing some improvement pretty sharpish. Your home win looks a pretty safe bet, objectively, but hope springs eternal 

14 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

We are desperate and will take anything but a good performance would be very welcome - there hasn’t been much sign of a new manager bounce yet and it’s hard to see where the improvement might come from. 

Not sure what i’d change from last week tho really. We started with one striker at home which is always a bit disappointing but is probably justifiable away. I’d like to see luke watt starting probably ahead of page and i’d Prob prefer olly Hamilton to one of inglis or Allan to drive some counter attacking in support of McManus but we don’t have an abundance of options if we’re honest. That leaves us with managerial tactical  master strokes or individual players having blinders as our routes to success. Still time for either to come to fruition but we need to start showing some improvement pretty sharpish. Your home win looks a pretty safe bet, objectively, but hope springs eternal 

This worries me! I imagine you will play 1 up front again and we will have to try and break you down. When we try and do that we normally make a mistake and concede the first goal. We then have to chase the game and just can't win. We need to score first to force you out!

On 08/11/2019 at 16:39, The man with no name said:

This worries me! I imagine you will play 1 up front again and we will have to try and break you down. When we try and do that we normally make a mistake and concede the first goal. We then have to chase the game and just can't win. We need to score first to force you out!

Fortunately for you, Mr Wilson has his own ideas. Not that it likely would have made much difference. Jesus we are in dire straits. 

(Edit - wasn’t at the game but it seems unlikely that we played well and were just unlucky...)

Edited by Infirmary Street

Comfortable win as it turned out. Difficult to judge whether we are back when the opposition was so poor. Don't mean to criticise Brechin but you reminded me of Berwick last season. You seemed to have no direction and appeared a team full of individuals without a plan. I do hope your season picks up. Impressed with our trialist goalkeeper. His handling was secure and his anticipation excellent. He did everything asked of him. He will give Willie Muir a good run for his money. Next week will be a better indication of where we are but a welcome three points nonetheless.