The Great Random Drinking Vessel Poll

Drinking Vessels  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I washed out a plastic mouthwash bottle once for my on-board, discreet voddy and coke for an away bus. Rank.

what the fuck GIF

So instead of looking like an alky (?) drinking voddy and coke you looked like a jakey drinking mouthwash?! 

On 07/11/2019 at 22:43, Bairnardo said:
On 07/11/2019 at 22:42, The Moonster said:
Incorrect. Drinking beer from a can is fine if you're travelling somewhere or if you live on the street, but at home the Begbie should be used for all beer/lager/ale.

The Begbie is for Boomers IMO

One of the few things Boomers do correctly.

In my early drinking days you hardly ever saw a Begbie unless it was a pan loafy place or hotel bar. Alway associated it as being very middle englandish and would ask for a straight glass. If there was no other option then you did not hold it buy the handle.

Guest Moomintroll
I did wonder why he didn't buy a bottle of coke and pour some out.
In my long career of being a jakeball going to gigs on buses & trains, that has always seemed the sensible method. Best to use the container the mixer came in originally imho.

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I washed out a plastic mouthwash bottle once for my on-board, discreet voddy and coke for an away bus. Rank.

You’ll have to talk us through the thought process here.

I can see no reason why anyone would consider doing such a ludicrous thing, especially when the results seem so obvious.

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Why would you need to be discreet drinking on a supporter's bus?

Usually par for the course.

22 hours ago, Eednud said:

In my early drinking days you hardly ever saw a Begbie unless it was a pan loafy place or hotel bar. Alway associated it as being very middle englandish and would ask for a straight glass. If there was no other option then you did not hold it buy the handle.

I'm sure I read that the Begbie was banned in Glasgow as because it had a handle it could be used as a handy weapon. It certainly had connotations with England when I was a lad.