AEW Full Gear

JamieStevenson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn’t blown away by the full show, but really enjoyed the last two matches. I’m assuming Cody/MJF & Jericho/Moxley is where they’re going now, unsure where that’d leave Omega. Interested to find out though. 

42 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Wasn’t blown away by the full show, but really enjoyed the last two matches. I’m assuming Cody/MJF & Jericho/Moxley is where they’re going now, unsure where that’d leave Omega. Interested to find out though. 

I think Mox will want a sanctioned match to properly beat Omega.

They can surely spin Cody's loss as him not being defeated since MJF threw the towel in, meaning he can still challenge for the title in the future.

That will be a while away though, as he'll now have MJF to feud with, which should be glorious. Hope they put together a video package that shows all the wee hints he dropped about his turn over the last few weeks.

5 hours ago, Andrew Wells said:

He said if he lost to Jericho. He lost to Jericho. There's no way about that. This'll be the start of a long build and him eventually getting MJF to give him a chance to get the title shot back by pissing him off enough to do it.

Yeah that's probably the route they'll go.

Will they have someone take the title from Jericho who is then beaten by MJF for it? Not sure how they could build a heel Jericho vs heel MJF match up.

Right, as for the show.

Ortiz was a fucking infuriating wrestler here. Bucks vs. Proud and Powerful was supposed to be a heated match and he's just bringing all of his goofy shit, taking a lot of that out of it. Despite that, this is a pretty good opener. Love the Bucks' selling these days. Especially the long term selling. Nick was still selling like a champ when he wandered out later. PnP ARE a really good team, and Ortiz wasn't really pulling this shit during the Lucha Bros. big matches in Impact, so I'll give benefit of the doubt this time.

PAC vs. Hangman Page was just solid all the way through. Real good stuff. It's going to take me a while to buy Page as anything like AEW want me to see him, but performances like this would certainly go a long way. He's always had it in him in the past, but he's been iffy in AEW so far. PAC is a complete joy to behold. He does so many wee dickhead things through a match. There isn't much he can't do at this point.

Shawn Spears vs. Joey Janela was fine I guess. Nowt wrong with it, and if this is the sort of thing Spears has been brought in to do, then I'm cool with it.

The three way tag match was a really good spotfest without being overly wacky. There was a couple of great fun dives, but there was definitely a lot held back by all three teams which was a great decision given the placement on the card, and with SCU/Luchas still ongoing, we don't need more now.

Emi Sakura vs. Riho was just a total delight. It was slick. As. f**k. You can tell they've wrestled over and over as right from the opening bell, it just didn't feel like there was a single wasted motion. It flowed perfectly.

Cody vs. Chris Jericho was pretty much everything that the build up promised it to be, with both guys bringing an A game. This definitely seems to be Jericho's best role for a long time, and he's definitely reveling in it. I could watch big Cody matches all day. Had a good laugh at Cody's mum getting a cheap second slap in after the first one. She seemed to have a good laugh about it as well. Surprised at the lack of shenanigans given the way the build went, but quite happy with it too. MJF's turn coming after it makes sense as well. Adding more misery to the misery of of not being able to win the AEW title.

Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley gets a BIG thumbs up from me. It always amazes me what wrestlers are willing to do to themselves sometimes to entertain schmucks like us. I wasn't 100% sure what level of violence to expect from this, but with the promises made before the match, and the place in the card, it was never likely to go any other way. It definitely felt more like a "deathmatch" than anything seen on a big PPV. And unlike a lot of deathmatches, the violence always felt like it meant something.

It was a perfectly laid out PPV. Solid to really good on the undercard, and then the big two delivering the massive spectacles. Great work.

Guest bernardblack

I didn’t really care for Mox Omega tbh. Can’t say I watch AEW every week but surely that kind of match should be a feud ended after they’ve done everything to each other