Livi v The Rangers

42 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Total shitfest tactics from Gerrard,looking for protection from the refs pre-match is designed to do just that,get protection during it,melt of a guy.

What else is new?

He's been spouting his conspiracy pish since his first game in charge against Aberdeen. 

Absolute NAP they get a penalty and/or we get a red card if they're not winning by around 75 mins. 

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Total shitfest tactics from Gerrard,looking for protection from the refs pre-match is designed to do just that,get protection during it,melt of a guy.

It's good management though. Type of thing guys like Sir Alex Ferguson used to do all the time with refs. His comments were purely designed to create a discussion point before the game and if anything Holt has played right into that with his response. 

Edited by guest2132

As a manager I attempt to keep any grievances private.

If something has flared up and requires a response then my style would be to have a quiet word in someone’s ear the next time I see them.

But on this occasion I feel the need to make an exception.

It was the naivety in the comments about my club Livingston from Rangers manager Steven Gerrard that surprised me.

Ahead of our game against Rangers on Sunday, he called for ref Nick Walsh to ensure his players were protected.

Protected from what? It’s the Tony Macaroni Arena they’re heading to – not Madison Square Garden.

There’s a bit of background to his concerns and, annoyingly, a bit of history being rewritten.

Back in our League Cup game in September, Ricki Lamie was mentioned for his part in an incident that left Rangers’ Joe Aribo requiring stitches to a head wound.

Gerrard claimed an elbow had been thrown and the incident would have resulted in a red card in any country in the world other than ours.

His remarks were relayed to me at the time.

There was also a suggestion that I hadn’t shown concern for Joe at the time – this was
absolute nonsense.

The facts are that it wasn’t an elbow that was thrown.

It was Ricki’s shoulder that was involved in the collision and, as for Joe, we had a conversation after the game when I checked on his welfare.

As for his claims the collision merited a red card, again it’s a difference of opinion. I just didn’t agree with Gerrard on that. I kept my own counsel.

Gerrard claims medical teams were on the park four or five times in the first half . Again it’s something that I’d suggest needs fact checked.

And if you look at the match stats that night you’ll see Rangers committed 14 fouls, three more than my side.

But what concerns me is a remark that the Rangers boss has tied into the recent media focus on head injuries and the impact of concussion.

It’s not on to suggest that the way my players approach a game puts opponents in greater harm.

Football is a contact sport. Injuries are sustained – it’s an occupational hazard. Our game hasn’t introduced protocols for concussion and that’s a concern. I’d support whatever measures were deemed appropriate. But to suggest our club is one where head injuries are the norm is way offside.

I’d rather go pay Rangers the compliment of saying they have some superb players.

It’s why Livingston will try to make it as ugly and unpleasant as we can for them once again this afternoon.

Gary Holt hits back at Steven Gerrard and tells Rangers boss to act more like Ibrox greats

If you afford average players the freedom to get on the ball then you will lose more games than you will win. But if you allow class operators, of which Rangers have many, to play they’ll run all over the top you.

We can’t allow that to happen so we’ll develop a system and approach designed to cause them problems and make it uncomfortable. We must play to our strengths and I’ll make no apologies for that.

We must never be ashamed to do what we’re good at.

Anyone who thinks a club with Livi’s resources should be embarrassed at not allowing the opposition to play or getting into their faces is kidding themselves.

When I first read Gerrard’s claim for protection it also triggered another thought.

Ahead of a game between Livi and a club the stature of Rangers, would someone such as Walter Smith have made similar comments?

It’s almost as if Gerrard thinks riling the Livi players is going to have a negative effect on us.

Big Marvin Bartley, “Maybe people think we just go out to spoil games and are happy with draws but we go out to win and the perfect thing for me is when people go away from here and say that team is horrible, that’s what I want people to say. I don’t want people to come here and enjoy it, I want them to be battered and bruised and that suits my style down to the ground.”

Do you think Gerrard knows that  Dykes is injured because of the last man red card challenge by Helander? I’m all for safe, meaty challenges just cheating/denying goal scoring ops should be punished.

Edited by crispy

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

Bolt goes public with his grievances about keeping grievances private....

Your greetin bitch of a manager has been throwing accusations about Livi players for weeks after the cup game where Helander was the worst offender for a red card challenge, and now comes out with the same shite leading up to our game today, what do you expect Holt to do, just let him away with it, f**k that. Slippy should be fined for that shite, trying to influence a ref with his bullshit and bringing the game into disrepute.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

I forgot how much Livi fans like to moan about refs 😂

Being a Sevco fan you've never had to do that right enough, even when the wee daftie Morelos was going about kicking folk up the arse and getting red cards, oh and you never moan about the SFA either, blaming them for your former team's demise and having to start afresh with Newco in the bottom tier, nope, Sevco fans never moan.

Gerrard certainly at the right place for whingin managers to be, 2nd biggest buget in the league and shit scared of a team with the lowest budget, bullying his poor wee shrinking violets, that have more red cards than Livi's over the last 2 seasons.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Your greetin bitch of a manager has been throwing accusations about Livi players for weeks after the cup game where Helander was the worst offender for a red card challenge, and now comes out with the same shite leading up to our game today, what do you expect Holt to do, just let him away with it, f**k that. Slippy should be fined for that shite, trying to influence a ref with his bullshit and bringing the game into disrepute.

It's called playing the media game. Gerrard has got exactly what he wanted by making sure "Livi's heavy handed tactics" are a talking point leading up to the match. Holt is entitled to his response, but can't help feel it's exactly what Gerrard wanted. Wont complain about that as a Rangers fan. 

2 minutes ago, guest2132 said:

It's called playing the media game. Gerrard has got exactly what he wanted by making sure "Livi's heavy handed tactics" are a talking point leading up to the match. Holt is entitled to his response, but can't help feel it's exactly what Gerrard wanted. Wont complain about that as a Rangers fan. 

Yep played Gary Holt like a fiddle.

23 minutes ago, crispy said:

It’s almost as if Gerrard thinks riling the Livi players is going to have a negative effect on us.

Big Marvin Bartley, “Maybe people think we just go out to spoil games and are happy with draws but we go out to win and the perfect thing for me is when people go away from here and say that team is horrible, that’s what I want people to say. I don’t want people to come here and enjoy it, I want them to be battered and bruised and that suits my style down to the ground.”

Do you think Gerrard knows that  Dykes is injured because of the last man red card challenge by Helander? I’m all for safe, meaty challenges just cheating/denying goal scoring ops should be punished.

That's when all this pish from Slippy started, he'd about done his post match interview when someone told him what Holt had said, 'they got away with one with Helander's tackle on Dykes', then Slippy went on a rant about head knocks and 'not blaming Lamie' while blaming Lamie. Even McAllister agreed with Holt that Helander was lucky not to get sent off for that tackle.

4 minutes ago, guest2132 said:

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

Yep played Gary Holt like a fiddle.

Bullshit, he'd been saying it all over the place after the cup game, he's just a petulant child that can't admit when his own player was deserving a red card.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

It's cute that Gerrard is so worried about playing Livingston, it would be so funny if a Sevco player gets a red card for an elbow into Lamie's napper.

It's a difficult place to go. Celtic lost there already this season, Gerrard lost there last year. If anything he's paying them respect and trying to use whatever he can to his advantage.