Montrose vs Forfar

47 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Well done Montrose, you boys are doing a total 180 this season. Knocking on the door of playoffs, didn’t see that a few weeks ago. We still need some revenge later in the season but until then I’d like you to take some points off of EF, Falkirk and RR. Do us a favour...

I think you need us to take points off Peterheid and Stranraer. 

First 15 minutes Forfar looked pretty slick and were pressing our defence but never really threatened.  Once Mo found their feet there was only going to be one winner. 

At 2-0 Farfar had a lot of possession but knocking the ball about the half way line got them nowhere. One shot on target says it all.

As for Montrose,  after the start we had this season just gets better and better.  2 points off the play offs , never under estimate the Mo. 

3 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Barry 100% Smith......nothing like going out on a high!!

One up front

Tapping

Goalkeeper and defending

In 6 months we have went from the 2nd best side in the league to the worst.

Don’t take it too badly, look at Brechin, they look like doing a tour of 4 leagues in 4 years 😞

Your Goalie, MacCallum gave the Mo faithful some abuse at a station rd, came back to haunt him today tho.

Hope the loons pick themselves up of the deck.

One of the worst first half performances I've seen. No support for Hilson, but on the plus side, Robertson was very good. A very different second half. Meechan with some good ideas but Forbes and Kirkpatrick changed the flow of the game. Whoever comes in as manager has their work cut out but surely Forbes and Kirkpatrick start?

this surely has to be a joke...

Forbes & Kirkpatrick are rotten. They clearly dont care about the result, only interested in having as many pot shots as possible.

Coupe & Baino are two who actually put a shift in & give their all.

Docherty can piss off too.

Great win today over a struggling Forfar team.Forfar started decent but fell away and it ended in a convincing 3-0 win which we were never really troubled.
Read a bit about Jim Weir in the record and it seems as though he was struggling big time after the car crash.....Very good read.

I would be interested to hear what the Loons think of Docherty? I personally thought he was the worst player on the park and all he seems to do is shout at other players. He never encourages his teammates and I think that Forbes is no different. Looks like a lack of togetherness and team spirit in the Forfar camp and that's the one thing you need to pick the place up. Anyway hope you turn it around. Would not want to lose another derby.

Docherty is mince, notice how he went silent when he wasnat fault for the 3rd? Just barks nonsense at everyone.

As for forbes, i genuinky dont think he cares about the result either way, only in it for a wage.

I would be interested to hear what the Loons think of Docherty? I personally thought he was the worst player on the park and all he seems to do is shout at other players. He never encourages his teammates and I think that Forbes is no different. Looks like a lack of togetherness and team spirit in the Forfar camp and that's the one thing you need to pick the place up. Anyway hope you turn it around. Would not want to lose another derby.

A deserved 3 points today so credit for that. That's the positive but always need to look at the negatives as well if we are to improve. For me that was mid second half until we got the third goal (a howler from the Forfar defence, thank you). Forfar were allowed too much possession at 2-0 and if they had scored it would have been a tricky end to the game. Fortunately they weren't good enough and East Fife last week weren't good enough but pulling a positive out of a negative we must look at not having a 'soft patch' in the middle of the second half  'cos we won't always get away with it. Anyway credit to the lads today and next week we roll on to Balmoor - see McAllister warmed up for us with two goals today at Clyde! He's the very person to capitalise if we have a 'soft patch' next week - so don't bl****y do it!

Guest bernardblack

It’s frustrating how he HAS to play. He’s played left back, centre half...centre mid. He’s a decent squad player but the fact he has to start every game is mind boggling.

33 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

It’s frustrating how he HAS to play. He’s played left back, centre half...centre mid. He’s a decent squad player but the fact he has to start every game is mind boggling.

Looks like Sparky is the new Eddie Malone-Raymond Lorimer, yes he made a mistake but he wasn't alone there, the keeper has had a 3 week nightmare spell.

New man has to hit the ground running with the cup game and just remember the last time we had a " fantastic list of applicants"..........

bollan.jpeg

Docherty brings nothing to our midfield. He cant run or pass beyond six yards. It's overkill having him there alongside Robertson, not to mention two wingers who are very limited going forward.

Forbes and Kirkpatrick have to be persevered with to give us any chance.

I was not in the least bit disappointed to see Docherty leave Bayview during the summer. Did not see what he contributed to our side, the fact he then got a move to Forfar (who at the time going on form were the second best team in the league) was astonishing.

Don’t even mention the panenka attempt against Arbroath...

I was genuinely surprised how bad Forfar were at the back. Like 4 strangers asked to play football.
It's been covered on previous posts how the game went, but Webby for me was MOM. Influenced the game throughout the 90 and was unlucky not to get a goal.
Another clean sheet and onwards and upwards.

8 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Docherty brings nothing to our midfield. He cant run or pass beyond six yards. It's overkill having him there alongside Robertson, not to mention two wingers who are very limited going forward.

One thing is for sure no one can have any complaint at not playing next week.  I know we are devoid of confidence but we were well short of effort compared to Montrose yesterday.

Guest bernardblack

Hilson Forbes and Kirkpatrick have to start for me.

Tapping and Robertson in the middle of the park too.

I’ve said it loads before but just give Burns another chance. Docherty at left back doesn’t work as he doesn’t cross the half way line to create space for the forward players.

19 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Hilson Forbes and Kirkpatrick have to start for me.

Tapping and Robertson in the middle of the park too.

I’ve said it loads before but just give Burns another chance. Docherty at left back doesn’t work as he doesn’t cross the half way line to create space for the forward players.

Some fans complain that the board - the club never listen to them.....i certainly hope the new manager doesn't!! 🤣

Guest bernardblack
Some fans complain that the board - the club never listen to them.....i certainly hope the new manager doesn't!! 🤣

You’d probably have Docherty centre midfield and Irvine left back eh?

On 08/11/2019 at 21:03, PortyMo said:

Well, Jim Weir has a full house. Hes left all 4 Angus clubs in the shit.

Despicable man.

These comments are not typical of all Mo fans. Whatever you think about Jim is personal of course but there is no doubt he is a 'football' man and he led Montrose to their first ever promotion play-off place which was in 2007/8.

3 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

These comments are not typical of all Mo fans. Whatever you think about Jim is personal of course but there is no doubt he is a 'football' man and he led Montrose to their first ever promotion play-off place which was in 2007/8.

Thankyou for that, some despicable comments from people hiding behind their keyboards. When Forfar hired him he wasn't who I would've picked but he grew on me and was still behind him despite our season going to hell in a handbasket. He's history now and I wish him well as not our worst manager by a long way. He may have been poor earlier in his managerial career for others but was a decent gaffer for us.

I wasn't at the game yesterday (wife working and one of my kids was unwell). Sounds like our confidence has taken a further knock, we need a manager who combines motivation and discipline to avoid relegation, can't believe I'm saying that in November.