Social media and the election.

welshbairn

Julia Hartley-Nazi repeating this almost verbatim on radio this morning. I asked someone on Twitter who posted one of these who gave him the script to cut and paste but didn't get a reply.

Been getting "Vote Conservative" ads on YouTube. Clicking on "why.." it just says it's the time of day. 

Yep, I’ve had a couple of days of this too.
Funnily enough, I was in the middle of the audiobook of “I, Claudius” at the time, which is full of murders, poisonings, backstabbing, incest and general beastly behaviour.

41 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Yep, I’ve had a couple of days of this too.
Funnily enough, I was in the middle of the audiobook of “I, Claudius” at the time, which is full of murders, poisonings, backstabbing, incest and general beastly behaviour.

36 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m getting them as well. Doesn’t give you the option to hide or report the advert.

I watch lots of boxing videos and their algorithm seems to think "boxing fan = Tommy Robinson worshiper". I'm not!  

only really noticed vote Labour adds, sponsored.

It's possibly just my own habits that have changed but i don't see social media being as key as many think.  twitter is not real life and do people really care what is on facebook these days?

Voters are changed between peers and real conversations, in my opinion.  Not door knocking, which is for the weird and hardly every happens anyway.  Between friends and relatives.

This has probably been the least engaging election I've ever seen despite it being quite important.  I think there are diehards loving every minute and a majority bored out of their skull.

I don't recall seeing any political ads this time out. We've only had 1 Tory leaflet through the door too; nothing from anyone else.

Not sure what I'm doing right, but when I work it out, I'll be sure to let you know.

Labour candidate for West Dunbartonshire has apologised after sharing anti-Semitic material on WhatsApp. No stand down tho.

ETA - She forwarded a message on WhatsApp not Facebook.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/108448/labour-urged-suspend-candidate-who-shared-message

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Me reading this post: "yes... Yes... YES!! YASSSS!! NOOOOOO!!!!"

Just booked a bargain AI holiday in Tenerife from Thursday. 

The forecast is an average of 23 degrees Celsius of warm sunshine and clear blue skies.

So F**k the election - Yes, YES, YASSS!!! 😁