Dumbarton v East Fife

If he had booked him it would have been his second yellow that’s why! Thought the ref was decent today btw
Said the same to Rab , coming up the road in the car. One or two small things, but overall he got almost everything spot on, and no crazy match altering decisions, that have plagued the lower League refs for years. Hats off to him today!

Of all the away days I miss, it's the one where we finally beat Dumbarton! Sounds like a good performance and win. Also good to see Janny got a start today (albeit that he scored an og) and I hope Ross's injury isn't too serious. Well done EF [emoji122][emoji122]

Loads of positives today, not least the fact we got three points against our bogey team of recent times. First 35 minutes we were in total command and looked comfortable until we gave away a corner. McGeever scores with a towering header then they got the equaliser when Crossan fires across the face of goal and Watson turned it into his own net. No blame attached as if he had left it McCluskey had a tap in. At that stage I was happy to hear the half time whistle.
Second half we were on the front foot again and Boyd put us ahead at the second attempt before Liam Watt showed great composure in the box to make the score 4-2. We then managed the game brilliantly and still created a few chances on the break.
Danny Denholm had his best game in an East Fife shirt and tormented the full back so much that he was delighted when he was moved to left back !
Pat slotted back in to left back and we looked more solid. Craig Watson came in and did a great job at right back and didn’t look like a player who hasn’t played much recently. Stewart Murdoch slotted in at Centre back in place of Ross Dunlop and had one of his best games. Liam Watt put in a great shift and added two goals to his seasons tally. Anton started to look more like himself and just needs a goal to build his confidence. Steven Boyd is looking more and more match fit and certainly knows where the goals are. Good to see Chris Duggan getting some game time after a long time out.
Darren and Tony got the tactics spot on today and I’m sure they will be as happy as the fans to finally get one over Jim Duffy.
With no game next week due to Clyde’s involvement in the Tunnock Caramel Wafer Cup, it gives the injured players another weeks rest. Hopefully, Ryan Wallace and Ross Dunlop are fit for the Scottish and Aaron Dunsmore returns from suspension giving the manager a great headache of having a full squad to choose from. Playing Clyde on the Tuesday may influence his starting 11. Mon the Fife

That was so much better yesterday, apart from that 15 minute long collective brainfart we appeared to take just before halftime, that was the best we’ve played in weeks, it was very nearly the form we were showing at the start of the season!!!

We were in complete control of that game straight from the kickoff and after our second goal we were honestly thinking that this was going to be 4 or 5, we were on top that much, Aggy had his best game in some time and you saw that when he is controlling the midfield the way he was doing everything was clicking!!!

Dumbarton took advantage of our usual inability to defend corners and for the rest of the half had their tails up and equalised with a bit of good fortune and were arguably unlucky not to go in ahead at halftime, but whatever was said in the dressing room worked and we came out even better in the second half, there was not a poor performance in any position for us yesterday with several players having great games, Aggy as previously said, Murdoch was immense in central defence, the reintroduced #PatSlat was everywhere and Watty and Janny continued where they left off from the previous week, the only player (who still played well) but is appearing to be struggling is Big Tonks, he must be carrying an injury but is obviously the least injured of our forwards so is playing through it, but you can tell he’s not 100%, BUT Duggan is back and looked good when he came on, so maybe we are in the position to be able to give Tonks a break and with Wallace to come back we can only get stronger, it’s really looking good and it’s a pity there’s a break next weekend as I would like to see this team back right away!!!

Two disallowed goals as well yesterday, if only one of them had stood we’d be top right now, where we deserve to be!!!

Has to be said the week off has come at a perfect time for the squad in terms of injuries, hopefully allow us to get all the injuries dealt with.

Kyle Bell making any improvements?

Out for the season last I heard and we won’t see King Kev back till January at the earliest, so it’s only really Dunlop and Wallace and possibly Bug Tonks that can do with the wee rest!!!

Out for the season last I heard and we won’t see King Kev back till January at the earliest, so it’s only really Dunlop and Wallace and possibly Bug Tonks that can do with the wee rest!!!

Dunlop out with a broken wrist according to Darren in his post match interview, not really sure on a timeframe for that one. Least we have the cover to deal with that however.

Dunlop out with a broken wrist according to Darren in his post match interview, not really sure on a timeframe for that one. Least we have the cover to deal with that however.

Don’t think it would really affect him, he could play with it strapped up!!!

But whether he can or not it may be moot, DY doesn’t like to change a winning side and yesterday was our first win in ages and Murdoch was arguably MotM playing in Dunlop’s position, so he might be getting a rest whether he wants/needs one or not!!!

On a non-footballing point. Can Dumbarton not stop this utter pish of keeping the away turnstile and pie stall shut? Is it really to save a few quid in pay to two or three folk running the turnstile / stall?

It really is a pain in the arse.

On a non-footballing point. Can Dumbarton not stop this utter pish of keeping the away turnstile and pie stall shut? Is it really to save a few quid in pay to two or three folk running the turnstile / stall?

From last season we started allowing away fans into the bar in the home end, after years of complaints from both home and away fans. It may be something to do with that but I have no idea tbh. I didn't realise the away end turnstile and pie stall was shut.

If you feel strongly enough about it you could always email the club direct, they are quite responsive to feedback these days. There should be an email address on the OS. I doubt you'll get anywhere complaining about it on here.

1 hour ago, lukejoaitken said:

Craig Thomson broke his wrist and was out for over 6 weeks

No complaints whatsoever...East Fife thoroughly deserved that yesterday. Hungrier and more skilful. I thought Danny Denholm was excellent for you yesterday...scored one, set up another and worked tirelessly closing down our players and always looking to create something.

6 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The money saved was obviously spent on two polis. You have ask why?

On 10/11/2019 at 12:08, Gordon EF said:

Am I misunderstanding here - did they not give the away fans access to pie stalls?

18 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

The money saved was obviously spent on two polis. You have ask why?

We haven't had police down there for ages unless a bigger crowd was expected. In the last week we've had a new safety officer take over, so I imagine she feels the police are needed (they really aren't).