Clyde vs Peterheid

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

So many late tackles by Peterhead yesterday, it could only have been a deliberate tactic.

The one on Johnston was so late it should have been a red card.

When you compare that tackle with what DGW got sent off for at Peterhead it  just highlights the level of consistency/incompetency we have to tolerate at this level!

I agree that Peterhead are never shy about using physical tactics/gamesmanship, and yesterday was no different. The two problems are that firstly they are allowed to get away with it by poor officials, and secondly we never seem to learn how to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

When you compare that tackle with what DGW got sent off for at Peterhead it  just highlights the level of consistency/incompetency we have to tolerate at this level!

I agree that Peterhead are never shy about using physical tactics/gamesmanship, and yesterday was no different. The two problems are that firstly they are allowed to get away with it by poor officials, and secondly we never seem to learn how to deal with it.

Agreed- it’s no coincidence that we do better against sides less physical and who try to play football- but we’ve been sussed and seem to have no coping strategy.

We need players back fit and a bruiser to protect the footballers- I thought Tony Wallace would fill that role?!

28 minutes ago, peternapper said:

That was the only real fright our boys got yesterday was when a ball thrown back out the  stand landed right on top of the dugout roof with a massive bang, a few skid marks may have resulted.  😂

That was funny ! Maybe not if you were sitting in there though. 

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Kicked them off the park emoji23.pngIMG_20191109_170741.jpeg

Don't think those foul  stats give a real reflection of the game, I've not got a problem with shall we call it streetwise teams I do have a problem when we don't have officials who recognise when it goes beyond being more than just being physical, that fcuking idiot we had yesterday wasn't even going to book Boyle until he saw the severity of Johnstone's injury anybody who saw the challenge knows it was a red card all day long. Peterhead are a decent team are are very clever at what they do, a little nudge here a little jersey pull there, perhaps we should learn to do the same. 

No complaints about the result the better team won on the day.

On 14/11/2019 at 13:48, peternapper said:

Been looking for highlights from this but so far have not seen any on the Clyde site is every game shown or is it only Clyde wins.

Still can not find any highlights from this game, are they on the cutting room floor or am I looking in the wrong place.

On 14/11/2019 at 13:48, peternapper said:

Been looking for highlights from this but so far have not seen any on the Clyde site is every game shown or is it only Clyde wins.

22 hours ago, peternapper said:

Still can not find any highlights from this game, are they on the cutting room floor or am I looking in the wrong place.

Some stiffy you n yer 5 fans are going to have when the highlights do finally surface. 

1638882528_ZomboMeme18112019113313.jpg.e1f10342c63e99645ebf191e22e19c48.jpg

Screenshot_20191118-113150_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b735ea6677797a720e1472e5422aeb85.jpg

On 17/11/2019 at 13:02, peternapper said:

Could be wrong, but I doubt we are going to produce highlights at the behest of one overly keen individual for a game that took place more than a week ago. 

How you will come to terms with it, I don’t know. Good luck anyway.

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Could be wrong, but I doubt we are going to produce highlights at the behest of one overly keen individual for a game that took place more than a week ago. 

How you will come to terms with it, I don’t know. Good luck anyway.

I was actually interested to see our second goal as I missed it watching Si Ferry & Ryan Fraser having a go at each other in the middle of the park. Oh well it looks like we will just have to satisfy ourselves with the 3 points. I always  appreciate the work that goes into putting up highlights from usually a volunteer giving up their time to do it & if there is a genuine reason for filming a game & not being able to produce a few minutes highlights fair enough but if its just because it was a loss then its rather petty.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

I was actually interested to see our second goal as I missed it watching Si Ferry & Ryan Fraser having a go at each other in the middle of the park. Oh well it looks like we will just have to satisfy ourselves with the 3 points. I always  appreciate the work that goes into putting up highlights from usually a volunteer giving up their time to do it & if there is a genuine reason for filming a game & not being able to produce a few minutes highlights fair enough but if its just because it was a loss then its rather petty.

The guy that normally does it is unavailable to do them atm due to an injury after an accident, so I'm told. 

Why were Ferry and Fraser having a go at each other btw? I only caught the tail end of it.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

There is plenty of games that we've lost that highlights have been produced for including our recent 2-0 home loss against Montrose. Bizzare to think highlights wouldn't be available just because we lost a game.

It would also mean about 75% of our games in the past decade wouldn’t be there but the last time I checked, there’s a fair chunk of them sadly :lol:

11 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

The guy that normally does it is unavailable to do them atm due to an injury after an accident, so I'm told. 

Why were Ferry and Fraser having a go at each other btw? I only caught the tail end of it.

Sorry to hear the guy is injured, if someone had said that when I asked the question that would have been an end to it, as mentioned appreciate folk giving up their time to do it. There has been no mention about the "discussion" between Ferry & Fraser going on in the lead up to our second goal, actually thought it was going to end in a punch up, it must have been settled at half time as they were patting each other on the back coming back out the tunnel.

Thanks for answering my question in a sensible way 👍