Clyde vs Peterheid

6 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Agree with a number of posters who have said we should have been out of sight by half-time we were in complete charge & apart from passing up some good chances everything was going well. For some reason 2nd half we got a bit sloppy & Clyde got into the game more & worryingly scored, its a bit odd because twice in recent games centre-halfs that were both bombscares when they played for score against us Rumsby today & Ryan McGeever a couple weeks back at Dumbarton. Wedid the main thing after getting a result last week by doing the same again today, Rory finding his scoring boots is a bonus as well.

Daresay  this will be treated with disbelief from the Clyde faithful but it was mentioned today from someone that would not normally just make something up that the club were looking to offload Goodwillie & one other high wage earner presumably in Jan if there is nothing in it then sorry but that was what I was told

Odd he hasn't signed on for another year: current deal up in the summer.

Hopefully nothing in it.

7 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Odd he hasn't signed on for another year: current deal up in the summer.

Hopefully nothing in it.

As mentioned heard it before the game had started I obviously have no idea of Clydes wage structure but £900 a week was mentioned. No name was mentioned for the other one just it was another high earner, wondered about Rankin presume he is still on wages although injured. 

9 minutes ago, peternapper said:

As mentioned heard it before the game had started I obviously have no idea of Clydes wage structure but £900 a week was mentioned. No name was mentioned for the other one just it was another high earner, wondered about Rankin presume he is still on wages although 

Never thought much of it at the time , but I heard 2 Raith fans speaking about Goodwillie last week saying much the same thing.

They said it was 800 a week he was on.

I dont suppose the amount makes much difference to the story.

6 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Never thought much of it at the time , but I heard 2 Raith fans speaking about Goodwillie last week saying much the same thing.

They said it was 800 a week he was on.

I dont suppose the amount makes much difference to the story.

That's a lot of a wage for a part time club. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

That's a lot of a wage for a part time club. 

Indeed it is, but clubs are willing to pay that kind of money for players who score goals.

It may well include a scoring bonus. Win bonus. Appearance money. Who knows?

It may be what hes asking for to sign a new contract? You'll find out in January.

We were piss poor again today. Didnt think we could be as bad as last week but the boys did their best to match it.

Theres zero width in our team, especially in midfield. 

Just shite all over the park. What a difference today compared to after the win at falkirk 2 weeks ago.

Still looking forward to Inverness next week with everyone though!

Howie, rankin, syvertsen, Johnston, Goodwillie, love, Petkov and Fitzpatrick all injured. We simply don’t have the squad to cope with that amount of injuries.

I’d be surprised if we were looking to offload Goodwillie, as much as I would be if we were giving him 800/900 a week. Then again I have no idea what the wage structure is. 

We desperately need January to come to get some loans or free transfers in. 

20 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

It is, but I would be keen to know what Peterhead are paying McAllister (who was a stand out today).

Rory is a time served tradesman so could probably earn that kind of money in his day job,  think he would still be one of our better paid players but the amount has been exaggerated , there was a story a number of years ago that he was on £50 a goal from one of the directors again unconfirmed.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Agree with a number of posters who have said we should have been out of sight by half-time we were in complete charge & apart from passing up some good chances everything was going well. For some reason 2nd half we got a bit sloppy & Clyde got into the game more & worryingly scored, its a bit odd because twice in recent games centre-halfs that were both bombscares when they played for score against us Rumsby today & Ryan McGeever a couple weeks back at Dumbarton. Wedid the main thing after getting a result last week by doing the same again today, Rory finding his scoring boots is a bonus as well.

Daresay  this will be treated with disbelief from the Clyde faithful but it was mentioned today from someone that would not normally just make something up that the club were looking to offload Goodwillie & one other high wage earner presumably in Jan if there is nothing in it then sorry but that was what I was told

Peterhead could and should have been 3 or 4 up at half time. I’ve no idea where that performance from Clyde came from as it’s an he worse 45 I’ve seen from us since DL came in. Sure, we are fucked with injuries but what I saw today was a bunch of players totally disinterested while being royally pumped by a team we made look like PSG. Fair play to Peterhead, totally bossed it. 
The Goodwillie thing is interesting but worrying. There have been rumours for a wee while that we are struggling financially. No idea who the other high earner might be.

8 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Where are these rumours coming from? We are still operating as a CIC so the owners should be fully aware if there was any problems.

Owners are always aware of financial problems. It's the fans who are the last to know. As always.

The fans find out when there is 'cash flow' problems.

10 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Where are these rumours coming from? We are still operating as a CIC so the owners should be fully aware if there was any problems.

Thinks that's it: rumours! How would Raith / Peterheid fans become aware of both our financial position AND our recruitment/ divestment policies?

Goodie kept us alive 3 seasons ago and by all accounts is the model professional, but there is still strong opinions of him. He is capable of playing above div1 but but it cannot be wages alone that have kept him here!

Regarding the other big earner...we could pull almost any name out the air. I don't think us speculating on line makes any sense.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC