Clyde vs Peterheid

Yep,better 2nd half but still a poor poor show. 3 attempts on goal all day disappointing when playing against a team below is in the league. 

DGW isolated 1st half. 2 starting FBs simply not capable at this level.  I am all for our passing game, but when we pass back to Mitchell from MF and he just lumps it up the park, I don't see how that moves us forward.  

Screenshot_20191109-173321_Chrome.jpg

41 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

A dreadful display where we only turned up for the last 15mins, but by then it was far too late and truthfully we didn’t deserve a thing from the game. The entire defence were all over the place, midfield could barely string a pass together, and Goodwillie offered nothing up front on the few occasions he actually received the ball.

Our strongest 11 can easily compete with any team in this league, but once injuries and suspensions start to creep in it doesn’t take very long at all for us to get found out. The majority of our squad players are simply not good enough for this level (and a couple of regular features too I might add), which is a major cause for concern.

Peterhead should have been out of sight by half time, controlled the second half until we somehow pulled a goal back, and by the end of the game had resorted to complete gang antics when we looked most likely to level.

DGW hooked and Johnston taken off with a knock the icing on the cake. Fortress Broadwood has very much became fiasco Broadwood recently, and if we keep up this kind of performance then it’s going to be a very long winter.

Absolutely dire stuff.

Goodie hamstring 

Peterhead picked an experienced midfield with almost no width. They completely dominated the middle of the pitch, and it was obvious that was going to be the case in the first five minutes. I can understand us not pressing too much; they always had an option and spent plenty of time not trying to actually pass through us. Probably best to sit and counter. What made things worse, was that Rumsby and McNiff embarrassed themselves against McAllister, meaning that the occasions we forced them to go long, they kept possession anyway. 

When we had the ball, Mitchell kept kicking it out of play. McNiff kept punting to no-one. Lyon tried to be fancy and cost us a goal. Allison is an absolutely bizarre signing; on the same level as Barry Ferguson sticking his son in. No space in midfield for Grant or McStay. Lamont did his too common disappearing act. Goodwillie completely disinterested, injury or not, and should have been hooked earlier if there was an issue (I think it's carried over from the Falkirk game). Absolutely dire.

The second half wasn't any better at all, other than Duffie had a bit of guts about him to match up with McAllister and stop him bullying us. Wallace has been a terrible addition but put more effort in during half an hour than some of the others did over a full game. Peterhead had us firmly at arm's length and the only reason we got a goal was because Fleming made a dreadful error. 

DL has brought a day like today on himself by not prioritising defenders during the summer. That back four wouldn't look out of place at the bottom of League 2.

13 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Excellent! A single fit striker in our entire squad at present, who resembles a startled gazelle most of the time emoji1.png

Danny had better be getting his boots laced back up again. Terrifying thing is that’s not even a joke.

Johnston hobbling and having scan- I think you are right- Danny will be on bench next week 

Release our only ball winner in summer. Dont replace him...

Clyde v Falkirk/Raith/Airdrie against majority o opposition is a completely different game...

I said it in summer and were into winter and still same comments o teams bullying us and i guarntee you same conversation will return pre Jan..

Dont need to be a 9 page poster or football computer manager to see our problems...

Love this team. Lot o great football and players who have brought pride back but we severely miss a knoxy. Mcfarlane.Sheridan.Mclay.Spittal.Nicol even fucking Toby king...

If you Tell me im wrong your more fucked than me on a 8 till late away day[emoji1267]

17 minutes ago, David W said:

Peterhead picked an experienced midfield with almost no width. They completely dominated the middle of the pitch, and it was obvious that was going to be the case in the first five minutes. I can understand us not pressing too much; they always had an option and spent plenty of time not trying to actually pass through us. Probably best to sit and counter. What made things worse, was that Rumsby and McNiff embarrassed themselves against McAllister, meaning that the occasions we forced them to go long, they kept possession anyway. 

When we had the ball, Mitchell kept kicking it out of play. McNiff kept punting to no-one. Lyon tried to be fancy and cost us a goal. Allison is an absolutely bizarre signing; on the same level as Barry Ferguson sticking his son in. No space in midfield for Grant or McStay. Lamont did his too common disappearing act. Goodwillie completely disinterested, injury or not, and should have been hooked earlier if there was an issue (I think it's carried over from the Falkirk game). Absolutely dire.

The second half wasn't any better at all, other than Duffie had a bit of guts about him to match up with McAllister and stop him bullying us. Wallace has been a terrible addition but put more effort in during half an hour than some of the others did over a full game. Peterhead had us firmly at arm's length and the only reason we got a goal was because Fleming made a dreadful error. 

DL has brought a day like today on himself by not prioritising defenders during the summer. That back four wouldn't look out of place at the bottom of League 2.

“Disinterested” is not an accusation you can fling at Goodie. He has a painful left foot- a tugging hamstring and was struggling to turn or sprint- you’re too quick to judge.

“Disinterested” is not an accusation you can fling at Goodie. He has a painful left foot- a tugging hamstring and was struggling to turn or sprint- you’re too quick to judge.
Goodie's a fantastic player but he didnt look like he wanted to be there today. He's the captain he should be having a word with the players after conceding two awful goals rather than trudging back to the halfway line for the game to restart.

The whole team was crap today. Our best XI is able to compete at this level but outwith that it's a struggle. If Johnston or Goodwillie are out for any length of time then will be struggling to pick up any points. Only thing going in our favour is that we don't have another league game until 30th Nov now.

41 minutes ago, David W said:

Agree with this 100% especially Lamont , who either excels or just plain hides.

maybe he’s injured - but not privy to insider info 

Goodie has been carrying a hamstring injury from the Falkirk game and it has clearly showed in the past 3 games, nothing to do with not being interested its just not being able move freely, maybe he has played the last few games when he really shouldn't have. 2 cup games coming up, i would rest him  he is clearly in need of some time to recover and get back to his best.

Agree with a number of posters who have said we should have been out of sight by half-time we were in complete charge & apart from passing up some good chances everything was going well. For some reason 2nd half we got a bit sloppy & Clyde got into the game more & worryingly scored, its a bit odd because twice in recent games centre-halfs that were both bombscares when they played for score against us Rumsby today & Ryan McGeever a couple weeks back at Dumbarton. Wedid the main thing after getting a result last week by doing the same again today, Rory finding his scoring boots is a bonus as well.

Daresay  this will be treated with disbelief from the Clyde faithful but it was mentioned today from someone that would not normally just make something up that the club were looking to offload Goodwillie & one other high wage earner presumably in Jan if there is nothing in it then sorry but that was what I was told