Friday Night Football

AWRFC

2 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Supplementary question then...Why have Cumbernauld and Ladeside been told to play on the Sunday ?

So that the Blazers can have a day out and make the draw, was apparently going to be Clydebank that moved to the Sunday but they wanted Saturday.

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

So that the Blazers can have a day out and make the draw, was apparently going to be Clydebank that moved to the Sunday but they wanted Saturday.

I asked clubs to volunteer to host the draw on the Sunday to ensure that there were people there to assist me with it.

Doing it on the Saturday meant that those people couldn't attend due to them being at their own team's game.

Doing it on the Sunday means I have people available to make the draw and to broadcast it via social media.

Yoker and Clydebank were both drawn at home but as the Sunday wasn't available, Yoker opted for the Friday night with Clydebank playing on the Saturday due to them being first out in the draw. 

I'll be at Ardrossan on Friday, Darvel on Saturday and Greenock on Sunday. If you want a chat come over and see me. Unfortunately I won't be wearing a blazer as I'm more likely to be in a denim jacket.

kennie, why not schedule a game every friday night under the lights for clubs that want to, there is plenty of clubs with decent lights and make it a wee bit special in terms of pr, even livestream it on youtube, perhaps the sjfa could assist with costs

also can the sjfa keep their ears to the ground at hampden, at some point the national stadium will move to LED lighting, could the sjfa ensure the present lighting system is not scrapped but is donated to junior clubs wishing to install or upgrade their lights, the hampden system could probably do 3 junior pitches

4 minutes ago, wintonfan said:

kennie, why not schedule a game every friday night under the lights for clubs that want to

Clubs that want to are free to ask and I am sure Kennie would allow it.  I am  not in favour of just scheduling games for a Friday as the opponents might not want to or find it unsuitable for them.

8 minutes ago, wintonfan said:

kennie, why not schedule a game every friday night under the lights for clubs that want to, there is plenty of clubs with decent lights and make it a wee bit special in terms of pr, even livestream it on youtube, perhaps the sjfa could assist with costs

also can the sjfa keep their ears to the ground at hampden, at some point the national stadium will move to LED lighting, could the sjfa ensure the present lighting system is not scrapped but is donated to junior clubs wishing to install or upgrade their lights, the hampden system could probably do 3 junior pitches

I've stated on numerous occasions, that if clubs want to request a change of day or kick off time, that I'm happy to accommodate it as long as both clubs are in agreement over the change.