Partick Thistle vs Morton

Was Bannigan's tackle a red? Thought it was a booking at the time and was genuinely surprised when the red came out (even allowing for Madden).
Anyway very pleasing 3 points. Thought in general we defended well .... but that last 10mins was not an easy watch!

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He's gone, hung the players publicly out to dry. Should be booting their baws behind closed doors.
Heads gone........

He’s already ran the excuses of blaming the referee (which obviously couldn’t work today anyway) and self-pitying pish about ‘getting the breaks’ into the ground, so blaming the players he’s signed and persisted with despite every fan being able to tell him who needed dropped weeks ago is the last resort he’s got before having to accept this is his mess.

3 minutes ago, Cnoc Moire said:

Was Bannigan's tackle a red? Thought it was a booking at the time and was genuinely surprised when the red came out (even allowing for Madden).
Anyway very pleasing 3 points. Thought in general we defended well .... but that last 10mins was not an easy watch!

It was very high. Looked like a red to me.

Looked a pretty clear red from where I was.

Two poor sides but a terrific result for us in the circumstances. Kakay clearly MOTM but no complaints about Gordon getting it with about 4 touches...lol. Bannigan is becoming a liability with his lunges and constant yellow cards in just about every game though I will need to see replays as it looked a bit harsh from JLS. Cole made a massive difference in the middle till he ran out of steam. Last 10 minutes were nerve racking but for once we didn’t lay down and capitulate. Was good to see a bit of heart at last from this side!!

Edited by Sting777

Morton are a bit of a rabble tbh, conceding X2 to us when we were down to 10 is shambolic.

First half we were better, can't think of much Fox had to do and we hit the bar from a great headed chance, plus Miller skied over from about 6 yards out. Can't think of a poorer game from Miller in his time here when he was on the pitch. Maybe it came at him a bit too quickly but it looked more like he just got his body shape all wrong.

Zanatta is either out of position, out of confidence or (and I hope I'm wrong) a one trick diddy that's going to be the next Miles Storey. He's not really contributing enough at the moment, but hopefully he can kick on.

Second half Morton started a bit better, we weren't really playing and then Bannigan (who was playing poorly) got himself a red for what looked a reckless challenge. My initial thought was that it was the right call but i) it might have looked worse than it was from a distance and ii) it's probably going to see him out of the team for the foreseeable.

Groaned when Gordon came on and then he scored with what must've been his first touch, then scrambled in the winner later on. Braw. Thought he put in good graft leaving aside the crucial goals, too, which was sorely needed.

Kakay is generally good and certainly works hard, but he tends to overdo things, nearly had a heart attack when he tried playing his way out of trouble in our penalty area but he found room to make a clearance in the end.

Hall was decent, messed up a little bit second half at one point but recovered brilliantly.

Fox had some decent enough saves too second half.

Not going to get carried away but Scott Allison said after the Dunfermline game that we need to recognise where we are and to paraphrase that we have to start putting in "back-to-basics"performances (challenging for every scrap of territory, every header, every second ball, throwing bodies in front of shots, generally make life as awkward as possible for opponents) I think today we saw some signs of that, plus there wasn't as much aimless fannying about in our own half. It's not pretty but it's what we need to do.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I thought it was a yellow but there wasn’t many complaints from the players.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

When was the last time we won a game with 10 men, as in the score was at best level when we had a player sent off but we went on to win. 

The promotion season? 

Foxy was sent off vs Dundee at Dens in 2014 at 1-1, Big Gal came on and saved a Harkins pen, we drew 1-1. Seaborne gave away the pen and Fox got sent off after Mcgowan ran into him and claimed he was hit, hate that wee dirty tagged ratbag mutant rodent. 

Enjoyed the game today, despite the last 10-15 minutes being incredibly nervy. Really like the look of Cole, who evidently still wasn’t fully fit yet. Very much in the Gary Fraser mould, so hopefully he’s not a constant sicknote. Kakay is a bit ramshackle, but offers a directness which is effective. Just has a tendency to hold onto the ball for a bit too long at times.

Bannigan is a fucking idiot and it looked a definite red from where I was (in the Northy). Gordon coming on to his usual ghost routine didn’t fill me with confidence, and while he still didn’t offer much outwith the goals, he managed to win us the game so fair fucks.

O’Ware was excellent and perhaps my man of the match today. Could clearly tell he was up for it (wonder why...) and he managed the defence well, particularly when Morton were putting us under pressure after our second goal.

A vital three points given that we don’t play a league game for the next two and a half weeks. Hopefully now that we’ve finally won a league game at home, we can push on going into the vital Alloa game.

20 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

When was the last time we won a game with 10 men, as in the score was at best level when we had a player sent off but we went on to win. 

The promotion season? 

I actually think this might be Jamie Dolan (RIP) on Boxing Day 2001, we were 1-0 down to Ayr at Firhill after 18 minutes, Dolan got a straight red for lamping James Grady (not a crime) after 20 minutes, and we came back and won 2-1 with goals from Scott McLean (57 mins) and Martin Hardie (77).

So nearly 18 years since it happened. Unless someone has a more recent one.

Edited by Fuctifano