Hearts v St Mirren, 9th Nov 2019, Basement Battle

Proper relegation dogfight as we move into the second quarter (ish). Two teams with very similar records; Hearts have scored twice as many goals as us but conceded more too.

I still look at Hearts (and Hibs, for that matter) and assume you'll come good eventually. It's weird; you've scored as many as Killie and conceded only two more goals, but they're all the way up in 5th. We're going nowhere until we learn to score goals.

I don't actually think we can nick a win here, but a repeat of the 0-0 in September is not looking unlikely.

0-0.

Is it too early to consider this a relegation 6-pointer? Probably not tbh.

I like to think we will sort our shit out and play well at some point but there’s not been many signs of that. Macphee with a week to prepare the team and set up how he wants it so I guess it’s interesting to see how similar or different we’ll approach the game. Hopefully Naismith can start and Whelan and Smith aren’t going to add to the injury list.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to this game though...

17 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Wouldn't imagine that 'St Liedown' tag has gone down well with the Paisley boeys, hopefully they'll stand on Hearts' fucking necks this Saturday. titter.png.c41808bf172da1d2508ba36ab97de1d3.png

More likely a 0-0 draw and your mob getting stuffed in Perth to go bottom, m8.

Doubt Naismith and/or Walker will start. So with Whelan and Smith now injured that’s every one of our decent players out. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Looking forward to Brandon and Dikamona at the back, Bozanic and Irvine pulling the strings in midfield and a Craig Wighton masterclass up top.

It’ll be a good laugh.

With Hearts struggling at home and us finding it hard on the road, this has all the makings of a draw. I have a feeling though that there will be a winner, but I've absolutely no idea who.

A total guess 2-1 Saints. 

Highlight of most weekends, trying to guess the hearts defence based on the players released on the team sheet.

It’ll be one of the two things I miss about Levein. The fact it was still difficult working out the formation and who’s playing where even after the team sheet came out, and string knitwear.

Edit: strong knitwear. Not string. Sorry for that image there.

Was talking to a Hearts supporting mate yesterday, when I told him we had lost all our away games so far his response was 'You've not won away? Great time to play Hearts then'.

I do like how fans of so many teams think exactly the same.

I'd guess a 0-0, but who knows. Naismith could be the difference.

Wouldn't imagine that 'St Liedown' tag has gone down well with the Paisley boeys, hopefully they'll stand on Hearts' fucking necks this Saturday. titter.png.c41808bf172da1d2508ba36ab97de1d3.png
The St Liedown tag isn't an insult to St Mirren fans, as it really gets it right up the Hearts inbreds.

You just needed a point, and all that. [emoji11]