Clocks back Rovers v Stranraer

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That's McKay back in the starting line up. It better be a back three. If he's a right back again, I'm going to go fucking ballistic.

Looks like the old 5-2-1-2, that’s good news, if true.

Looks like the old 5-2-1-2, that’s good news, if true.

Agreed, on both counts. I think it has to be the 3-4-1-2, and I'm pleased to see it. It looks like we're leaving some of our better individual attackers on the bench, but we've never looked anywhere near as cohesive with any other system.

That said, without Vaughan or Hendry, it puts a lot of onus on Gullan to play between the lines, and I can't say I've seen too much of that from him. Hopefully the wing-backs pushing on helps to create chances for the front two.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Agreed, on both counts. I think it has to be the 3-4-1-2, and I'm pleased to see it. It looks like we're leaving some of our better individual attackers on the bench, but we've never looked anywhere near as cohesive with any other system.

That said, without Vaughan or Hendry, it puts a lot of onus on Gullan to play between the lines, and I can't say I've seen too much of that from him. Hopefully the wing-backs pushing on helps to create chances for the front two.

How about a 3-2-2-1-2? Can we meet in the middle?😉

I hope you two are correct and it is the 5-2-1-2.

I have a horrible feeling McKay will be stuck at right back in a 4-3-1-2

Munro

McKay    Bene   Anderson   Macdonald

Miller  Matthews   Spencer

Gullan

Bowie   Baird

Hopefully I'm wrong, we'll see in a couple of minutes.

Not sure what’s happened to Stranraer supporters on here very quiet ,it’s been a very poor start to our season but also been unlucky with injuries and some poor refereeing decisions, last weeks result shows what taking your chances can do and hopefully given the lads some much needed confidence.

tough one for us but if we can build on last week I think a draw is well within our capabilities but I’ll take all three points if offered .

10 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm not convinced I can sit and watch the football at Stark's without earphones in any more. The number of absolute morons in this stand is unreal.

I agree, however, it's probably the only time in their week they feel they are "in control!  

Delightful composure from Jamie Gullan. One of those one-on-ones Greig Spence used to always miss - days and days to think about how he's going to get past the keeper.

Complete breakaway, immediately following the only 30 seconds of the half that had any concerted Stranraer pressure. Them's the breaks.

I'm glad we got the goal though, as a reward for the patience the team showed in that half. Without our stars, we were going to have to probe and prod to get chances. Despite what some of the eejits in the stand might think, the best way to do that is keep the ball, and look for gaps. It's not by launching the ball long for Baird and Bowie.

Given the position Bowie has been taking up, I'd be tempted to swap him for Armstrong relatively soon. He's been playing more as a wide forward than an out and out striker, and he's not getting much change out of the defence.