Clocks back Rovers v Stranraer

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Delightful composure from Jamie Gullan. One of those one-on-ones Greig Spence used to always miss - days and days to think about how he's going to get past the keeper.

Complete breakaway, immediately following the only 30 seconds of the half that had any concerted Stranraer pressure. Them's the breaks.

I'm glad we got the goal though, as a reward for the patience the team showed in that half. Without our stars, we were going to have to probe and prod to get chances. Despite what some of the eejits in the stand might think, the best way to do that is keep the ball, and look for gaps. It's not by launching the ball long for Baird and Bowie.

Given the position Bowie has been taking up, I'd be tempted to swap him for Armstrong relatively soon. He's been playing more as a wide forward than an out and out striker, and he's not getting much change out of the defence.

Can’t disagree with  most of that, but I’d replace Bowie with Smith...young, hungry, fast and likes playing from the edge.

While I’d love to see GAndo, I suspect he’s not 100% yet, and if we don’t need him, rest him.

MacDonald picked up a knock on the first half. Took a heavy hit on the ankle from Mark Stewart. He's off at half time for Armstrong, who'll be trying his hand at being a left wing back.

I prefer a converted winger to a converted centre half, so we'll see how this goes, but we really can't afford to be missing the only left back at the club.

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

MacDonald picked up a knock on the first half. Took a heavy hit on the ankle from Mark Stewart. He's off at half time for Armstrong, who'll be trying his hand at being a left wing back.

I prefer a converted winger to a converted centre half, so we'll see how this goes, but we really can't afford to be missing the only left back at the club.

Right-o, Armstrong’s gonna suck back there....Er, never mind, brilliant player in defense!

Like a hot hammer through butter.

Don't bother waiting for the highlights of that one, just look back at Gullan's goal against Clyde. Carbon copy. Cutting inside, ball rifled inside the keeper's near post from 20 yards.

He’s really excellent at that drifting inside, shifting the ball and hitting it instantly. Gives the goalie no time to set.

Seriously?  McGlynn's programme notes said the scan looked bad and he was out for at least four months.

On Twitter from Matthew Elder. Tops off what is a fantastic day from our perspective.

Thought we we were excellent at points today but made the first half very difficult. Hopefully that's Gullan over his dip in confidence. I had been critical of him over the last few games but he was brilliant in the second half. Great to see Baird on the scoresheet

Munro and Anderson were fantastic today. Hopefully McDonald is back quickly from any injury. In midfield Matthews was superb and Spencer was much improved compared to last week.

A wee break from the league next weekend before another home game at Forfar. Has to be said that this league has some exceptionally inconsistent teams. Us away, Airdrie at home, East Fife grinding out draws and Peterhead, Clyde and Dumbarton winning one week only to lose the next.