Clocks back Rovers v Stranraer

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:
grumswall and CALDERON should be along shortly emoji6.png

Why?

Because Rovers 1992/1993 has said much the same as what I said in the Peterhead/ Rovers which you poo pooed 

“No disrespect to Peterhead but if we harbour any ambition of winning this league we really need to be winning games like this.
Threw 2 points away against Clyde,same against East Fife last week and 3 points thrown away today.
2 points out of a possible 9 isnt even play off form never mind league winning
If some players showed as much effort as the supporters did to travel up we,d be in a much better place”

You replied

I don't think anyone really thinks we are going to win the league this season? Vaughan and hendry being injured long term has well and truly seen those aspirations put to bed. I expect us to put up a challenge of sorts but ultimately Falkirk will win it because they have chucked so much money at their squad. A good second is how we should finish Imo.

Even without Vaughan or Hendry we should  be finishing second at least although failure to do so will give the manager and players an excuse for their failure. 

Which was pretty much my point. With Vaughan and hendry fit all season I would have fancied our chances at winning the league.

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Frank conner said:
Even without Vaughan or Hendry we should  be finishing second at least although failure to do so will give the manager and players an excuse for their failure. 

Which was pretty much my point. With Vaughan and hendry fit all season I would have fancied our chances at winning the league.

Although if we don't finish second that will be the excuse IMO we don't need either of those two just to finish second. 

2 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Apologies, you'll have done this to death, but it off interest how long is hendry out for?

Conventional wisdom is eight weeks minimum (plain old Grade 2 MCL with no surgury and rapid healing) to sixteen weeks (Grade 3, no surgery and slow healing). If they elect surgery, all bets are off.

Assuming Spencer is suspended.

I'd go 3-2-3-2

Munro

McKay, Anderson, Bene.

Miller, MacDonald.

Tait Matthews, Dingwall

Anderson, Bowie.

Subs: McGurn, Watson, Baird, Smith, Armstrong, Gullan, Victoria

45 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Is Lewis Allan not due back yet? We definitely miss him being in the side.

Allan isn’t due back for another game or two...call it late Nov/early Dec by JMcG last report.

I’ll go for Scottydog’s lineup, but slide Tait up into the gap and play a 5-2-1-2

Pretty sure Spencer is available for this match McGlynn was saying that it is looking like the Montrose game he'll miss.  We need to get both Andersons back into the team for this one.  Would like to see us go back to the 3 at the back but with Davo out I can see McGlynn sticking 442.  Guessing it will be similar to below which gives us decent options from the bench if need be.

Munro

Miller  Anderson  Bene  Macdonald

Armstrong  Spencer  Matthews  Dingwall

Bowie  Anderson

Subs:  McGurn, Watson, McKay, Tait, Gullan, Baird, Smith 

Sensible thing from our point of view seems to be return to a back five and slot Dave McKay in for Davo but for whatever reason McGlynn doesn’t seem to rate him at all so I’d put money on it being a back four.

He doesn’t rate him because he’s been guff for about 12 months.

He doesn’t rate him because he’s been guff for about 12 months.

McGlynn is certainly more qualified to say whether he’s guff than you or I.

I’d agree with you about how poor he’s been but then he’s mostly been used as a right wing back.
I can’t recall him being used as a centre back at all recently.

Which makes it puzzling that he got a new deal in the summer if McGlynn is reluctant to play him in his natural position.