Clocks back Rovers v Stranraer

Stranraer gave Clyde a severe pumping at the weekend and we’re reeling from our performance up at Peterhead. What kind of Rovers will turn up at San Starko on Saturday. With Davo suspended for this, I’d expect Sando in his place and stay there.

Must win game for us but will be difficult against a Stranraer side off the back of an excellent win against Clyde. They have only lost one of their last 5 including draws at Airdrie and East Fife.

However, I made the point before the Peterhead game that after a run of draws a defeat could change the outlook pretty quickly and that has happened. Suddenly we are off top spot no wins in 4 and with key players out, things don’t look particularly great.

It’s 3 weeks after this till our next league game (away to an in form Montrose) and with other teams still playing in the league whilst we are in Challenge Cup action we really have to win here to avoid our season unravelling pretty quickly.

Few players needing a kick up the backside and assuming Allan isn’t fit I would go with the following:

Munro        

Miller      
Bene     
S. Anderson     
MacDonald

Matthews       
Spencer

G. Anderson     
Dingwall          
Bowie

Baird

Back 4 and middle 2 pick themselves. Bowie has struggled in recent weeks as a central striker but I’d still like to find a place for him in the team. Baird hasn’t been great since he came back but we don’t have many other options. I’m hopeful once he gets one goal more will follow.

Also just read Gregory Tade will be in hospitality on Saturday and presumably doing the 50/50 draw, will be great to see him back at Starks.  

Is Joao Victoria out of the picture or injured? Noticed he has not really featured for Raith.

Been injured most of the season. Although nothing has even been mentioned about him by the club in over a month now. Even when we got a run down of our injuries and their severity last week, he still wasn’t included.

14 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Been injured most of the season. Although nothing has even been mentioned about him by the club in over a month now. Even when we got a run down of our injuries and their severity last week, he still wasn’t included.

I spotted that. Noticed there was mention of both Andersons, Hendry and Spencer but nothing on Joao. Wasn't sure if that meant he was fit but not making the squad or if it was a case that he was injured long term and no point in highlighting it when he would not be back any time soon.

41 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Was covered pre-match Peterhead, and a couple of weeks before. Tender knee, slow improvement, close to returning.

On Saturday, we seemed to revert to an old, unsuccessful formation & style of play. Too many aimless high balls & directionless defensive headers, when we are chasing an equaliser we need to keep numbers & discipline at the back.  I think John Baird would be better employed in midfield, as he was at Forfar, because it's not working for him up front. He is capable of making better passes  than happened at Peterhead.

I’ve a new excuse for this one. I’m going to Hull v WBA on Saturday.

I won tickets for any EFL fixture with Screwfix. Consulted with my West Brom supporting friend and was given the grim options of Hull, Boro or Preston. Hull it is.

Home form is still excellent for us so i’m hoping for a home win against Stranraer, even with the injury list.

I'd go for something like this. Really don't want to stray from 3 at the back as it's been working for us. Whenever we've went to a back four, we've chucked points away. Having the 3 at the back also gives license to McDonald and Millar to get further up the pitch, which I'm all for.

.lineup.png.7f7c377ffa2fb0a554023b8df76963eb.png

If we were to have a back four, I'd bring in Armstrong for McKay.

474433256_lineup(1).png.d8fae5a34fb516a736c918aa6aff7637.png

36 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:

I'd go for something like this. Really don't want to stray from 3 at the back as it's been working for us. Whenever we've went to a back four, we've chucked points away. Having the 3 at the back also gives license to McDonald and Millar to get further up the pitch, which I'm all for.

.lineup.png.7f7c377ffa2fb0a554023b8df76963eb.png

If we were to have a back four, I'd bring in Armstrong for McKay.

474433256_lineup(1).png.d8fae5a34fb516a736c918aa6aff7637.png

Spencer clocked up his sixth league yellow on Saturday, will it be this game or next he is suspended?

43 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Spencer clocked up his sixth league yellow on Saturday, will it be this game or next he is suspended?

Mcglynn indicated in his post match interview would probably be Montrose game. 

I’ve a new excuse for this one. I’m going to Hull v WBA on Saturday.
I won tickets for any EFL fixture with Screwfix. Consulted with my West Brom supporting friend and was given the grim options of Hull, Boro or Preston. Hull it is.
Home form is still excellent for us so i’m hoping for a home win against Stranraer, even with the injury list.

Jesus, that’s grim! Makes me look forward to our trip to Starkies!

23 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:
Absolute must win. Still not sure if I can make this or not, fingers crossed I can. COYR

"Absolute must win"? It's early November. Get a grip.

It is an absolute must win game. We are winless in our last 4 and failure to win again could see us 4th and barely clinging onto a playoff place.

Edited by RR #1