The Athletic derby, Wasps v Pars

Absolutely no disrespect to Alloa, this won’t be easy. However, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win. Played some good stuff lately. Passing and movement from the front four is capable of troubling any defence in this league.

It’s a tight league and it’s important to make the most of the momentum we have just now. Particularly with no game next week and cup the week after. Need to distance ourselves from the bottom of the table, so we’re not looking over our shoulders when we play Partick in our next league game in 3 weeks!

Alloa always an extremely difficult side to break down, my worry is the longer the game goes on at 0-0 the more frustrated we become, then become liable for a sucker punch. Trouten always seems to fu***** score against us aswell. An early goal from nisbet should hopefully settle the nerves..but perhaps wishful thinking.

Tbh id take a scrappy as hell game with a stoppage time winner. Weve got to learn to win ugly!

Alloa always an extremely difficult side to break down, my worry is the longer the game goes on at 0-0 the more frustrated we become, then become liable for a sucker punch. Trouten always seems to fu***** score against us aswell. An early goal from nisbet should hopefully settle the nerves..but perhaps wishful thinking.
Tbh id take a scrappy as hell game with a stoppage time winner. Weve got to learn to win ugly!

They have only kept 2 clean sheets. But as you say trouten has a knack of scoring vs us and it’s probably more of making sure he’s not getting many shots.

We’ve actually done pretty well at winning ugly, the Ayr game being the definition of it.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

They have only kept 2 clean sheets. But as you say trouten has a knack of scoring vs us and it’s probably more of making sure he’s not getting many shots.

We’ve actually done pretty well at winning ugly, the Ayr game being the definition of it.

Your absolutely right about the ayr game @parsforlife

I remember sitting in the northwest, absolutely deflated when we went behind...until zidane decided to make an appearance!

More of the same today please ashy :)

I was encouraged by the fact that we created a lot against QotS and it sounded/looked like we just kept picking away and made plenty chances. I was waiting for the inevitable breakaway goal from Queens, but seeing us actually take the lead, and not only defend it but add to it shows we’ve made a bit of progress.

Didn't see any Alloa players shouting for a pen.  Seemed like a soft one, but hopefully we'll se it on the highlights.

Inevitably, Pars TV was frozen for our pen, so have no idea what happened.  Commentary said that Trouten left a foot in and it was pretty clear cut.

Anyone see why the penalty was given? Was too busy watching Edwards f**k up his lines.

Ashcroft tackle was seen as a foul.(I was also not paying much attention)

Don’t think Edwards did too much wrong 99% of the time he’d get a free kick.

Think our penalty was of the softer variety. We had stronger shouts in the 2nd half with the handball from the free kick looked the most obvious.

Felt both teams played some decent stuff but our final bal let us down today, can’t complain about the result.

Ref was poor for both sides, he and Peter grant should be ashamed of themselves for letting graham back on after being knocked unconscious.

No idea what the plan was today?
First half we were sitting off their defence and allowed them to pass out. Second half we just continued then Ryan and Turner dropped even deeper. Alloa closed us down and made us play long. Most of it was down to lack of effort and poor tactics.
Get Turner out asap hes not physically ready for champ football.
Beadling should have came on after 30 mins.
Crawford needs to stop us having these games where we dont show up.

Brilliant 2nd half. Thought we looked a lot better 2nd half with Thomson upfront. All too often first half we would be passing the ball about in our own half then as soon as dunfermline properly pressed us the ball would just get lumped up to Ohara who was never going to get anything from the dunfermline centre halfs. Thomson definetly helped us get up the pitch and once we were there our passing and movement in the dunfermline half caused them a few problems.

Fair play to Jon Robertson as well btw. Outstanding in the middle. Got to be in there every week for me absolutely wasted playing full back