theesel1994

image.png.542e536ae405277c170457ae38a1468b.png

If you're wanting a laugh, copy the St. Anthony's avatar into an Excel document just to see the size of it. It's huge. That can't be good for a website having a huge image reduced in dimensions like that.

And while I'm here......bring back the club results.

EDIT : Avatars probably isn't the right name for them.....but you know what I mean.

Edited by theesel1994

46 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

If you're wanting a laugh, copy the St. Anthony's avatar into an Excel document just to see the size of it. It's huge. That can't be good for a website having a huge image reduced in dimensions like that.

EDIT : Avatars probably isn't the right name for them.....but you know what I mean.

Fed up of Candy Crush?

8 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

150 graphics being soruced by some junior IT spod at Hampden - 'any old shit will do for that lot'.

I noticed the same thing when I was experimenting with C&Ping the new style league tables into a drafr of our next match programme....they're absolutely huge compared to what they need to be. Back to doing them by hand with all the fingerfart mistakes that'll inevitably happen. 

I'm another one that misses the club fixtures and results - I'll be fucked if I'm going into our opponents' results week by week back to August to get a handle on how their season's gone so far for programme editorials...."X currently sit in Y place in the league" will about cover it.

The revamped site's pretty but essentially useless.

Edited by Hillonearth

I noticed the same thing when I was experimenting with C&Ping the new style league tables into a drafr of our next match programme....they're absolutely huge compared to what they need to be. Back to doing them by hand with all the fingerfart mistakes that'll inevitably happen. 

I'm another one that misses the club fixtures and results - I'll be fucked if I'm going into our opponents' results week by week back to August to get a handle on how their season's gone so far for programme editorials...."X currently sit in Y place in the league" will about cover it.

The revamped site's pretty but essentially useless.

I just screenshot then edit the league tables as copy and pasting just created a mess of a 5 page league table.

I'd like to see individual club results back good for each week to see how your opponents are performing at home / away and any upsets or big results they have had this season etc.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Why was there a need for a new site anyway ?

I didn't hear any complaints about the old one.

Perhaps to bring all the regions under the one page.

I do miss the archive I admit. It makes programme info gathering a tad harder (ironically, from the most recent years).

Edited by Sunrise

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Sunrise said:
Perhaps to bring all the regions under the one page.
I do miss the archive I admit. It makes programme info gathering a tad harder (ironically, from the most recent years).

But all the Regions were already were on the old site ?

Only this season really (and maybe last season). Before the East Region took you to another site IIRC and the North one seemed incomplete when I looked ages ago. It did seem like the other two Regions were doing their own thing.

5 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Only this season really (and maybe last season). Before the East Region took you to another site IIRC and the North one seemed incomplete when I looked ages ago. It did seem like the other two Regions were doing their own thing.

The North Region have always done their own thing , the SJFA don't bother with them. The East Region is a shambles since the clubs all left. If it was only West clubs left the blazers at Hampden would be happy enough ...save them pretending.

The policy in modern day football seems to be - If it is working alter it and make it poorer. The old site In my opinion was excellent . It showed you all the scores on one page and all the fixtures on one page. The new page fits in well with the new rules that are introduced annually to make the game more controversial. Only my opinion

All need to use the contact us option on the new site to tell them how bad it is.

It is 100% a waste of time and I explained to them we used their old site for information and not to look at pretty design.

Will end up trawling twitter to gathe results rather than wait on this shite.

On 03/11/2019 at 22:05, theesel1994 said:

What is the new West Juniors web site for results, tables etc

• 3 weeks later...

Club fixtures and results pages are back, and all league fixtures for the rest of the season are in the process of being posted. Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 are already up.