St Johnstone vs Hibs

Hibs unlucky not to win by more, can only assume they took pity on us in the final ten minutes. 

Missed the game until the first goal, which literally went in as soon as I walked in and saw the game. After that we looked like we were struggling to cope with the diamond, Wotherspoon had absolutely no idea where he was playing so was being dragged all over the shop. Thought we got a grip of things when we switched to the diamond ourselves, started to hold the ball and build attacks, Wright and Kennedy both causing problems. Still in with a chance if we can score the next goal.

Then the manager loses the fucking plot. Takes off Wright, chucks on Hendry, and effectively leaves the midfield 3 playing against 5. Hibs take advantage of the absolute swathes of space that one of their players always have in the middle.

TW decides to make that issue even worse by putting O'Halloran into mix, and Hibs are then able to simply cruise to victory.

Defence is soft as shite, and I'm convinced, and have been convinced all season, theyll relegate us, but TW has to take a massive slab of the blame there. Hes the one who's been so obsessed with getting another job hes desperately tried to prove all the "anti-football manager who only plays pensioners" crowd wrong that hes absolutely fucked us this season by building this meek, pathetic, rag tag group of kid defenders. I've genuinely no idea what he expected to achieve with the half time changes. 

Only benefits are he'll maybe have, finally, learned his lesson that attack isnt the best form of defence, theres absolutely no chance he'll be getting the Northern Ireland job if that's what hes serving up, and May scored the type of goal which suggests all is not lost for him. 

At least we can't lose next weekend.

As expected, Tommy Wright has chucked the blame onto his kid defenders.

The kid defenders who clearly aren't up to it, and clearly haven't been up to it since pre-season. The same kid defenders who aren't up to it who he signed, and then didnt sign anyone else, meaning they had to start every game.

So much about today comes down to the second minute. Kerr has to deal with the ball forward better than he does. It's just dreadful defending.

You see the part confidence plays in football off the back of it. Doidge makes a mess of the chance (as he's been doing much of the season) but gets a second bite and never looks back. For us, I think we're at the stage now where it's really hard to lift yourself after losing these opening goals - 13 times in 16 matches - and it's draining everyone.

Hibs, like Hearts, have a lot of good players and won't be near the bottom come May. 

We can't defend or create chances. Hibs did look good though, best team i have seen  at McDiarmid this season. Tommy has finally ruined the team he inherited from Lomas.

29 minutes ago, Radford said:

So much about today comes down to the second minute. Kerr has to deal with the ball forward better than he does. It's just dreadful defending.

You see the part confidence plays in football off the back of it. Doidge makes a mess of the chance (as he's been doing much of the season) but gets a second bite and never looks back. For us, I think we're at the stage now where it's really hard to lift yourself after losing these opening goals - 13 times in 16 matches - and it's draining everyone.

Hibs, like Hearts, have a lot of good players and won't be near the bottom come May. 

Might be clearer watching it back but seemed to me at the time that Kerr wasn't playing to the whistle and thought he had a foul? Nomatter what it was shocking stuff but what's worse is that it was so entirely expected and predictable. As were the other goals. 

Said to my lad on the way in that I was really quite worried about today. The worst possible time to play Hibs, and the starting lineup was what you would have picked as the team you'd not want to play. Would rather have played any other team outside of the OF today. Where I do slightly disagree with Radford is that I think Hibs have more quality than Hearts in most positions and I'd expect them to recover faster but yes, both should be well clear before the split. 

Pish day with some poor refereeing decisions (for both sides but we seemed to get the worst of it, not that it would have changed the result) and some mental tactics from our manager, but the only real story was our defending and, to give credit, a far more committed Hibs team than I've seen this season. Heckingbottom must really have been absolutely toxic.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Dear Hibernian Football Club, 

Over the past few weeks I, in common with all other Hibs fans, have made certain statements regarding the team roster that may have been somewhat misconstrued. Stadium outbursts and social media postings such as 'Hecky's donkeys - git tae f**k' and 'Go back to the Welsh pub leagues Doidge you useless beardy goal virgin' may have given the erroneous impression that we thought that the team were a gang of third string mediocrities with little or no talent lured out of the English lower leagues by paycheques far higher than they were worth and that we were dissatisfied with their performance.  Nothing could be further from the truth. We would like to clarify that the current Hibernian first team exemplify the very notion of free-form high-tempo warrior poetry and the team is worthy of mention alongside the Famous Five and Turnbull's tornadoes and that Christian Doidge is an unstoppable goal machine with a top-notch facial hair care regimen. We are happy to set the record straight and apologise for any confusion this may have caused. 

Edited by Aim Here

I feel I'm not someone who jumps on these hype trains but was very much on board with Kerr last season. He wasn't the finished article but some weeks he was so good and it was really exciting to envisage how far he might go. 

I guess the key point though is the weeks he wasn't showed that he probably wasn't ready for all the responsibility (and it's more than just the captaincy) that's been thrust upon him. 

He has to take some responsibility for his own performances but equally, if we are to dish out credit for players that that manager has developed, he needs to take the stick for what has happened with Kerr this season. Sad to say he's been been pretty dreadful.

Really , really delighted for Doidge ,  and all the fans that have had to put up with that absolute Heckyshambles this season.

At least there will be smiles at the Annual Vancouver Hibs bevvy session next Friday night!!!

Get it right up you Tommy you fat p***k.

4 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Was fat boy Wright blowing kisses today?

What was that even about?

He was getting stick, so gave it back. The fact you still seem rattled by it months later presumably means he achieved what he wanted.

Far better that than identikit, passionless, managers who never communicate at all with opposition fans IMO.