St Johnstone vs Hibs

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

From what I've seen, you're fucking wide open defensively so when you do attack, you either do something with it, or the opposing team ends up with a free run at your defence because your midfielders all in the opposite box.

Not convinced youd not be better off trying to tighten up a bit and allow the attacking players some freedom that doesnt kill you.

I think Halberg can fill that gap for us just now and Slivka is on his way back.  We just need to revert to playing in a diamond and we will flourish.  Hecky's insistence of one up top and playing flat absolutely killed us. 

Actually think Hallberg has been decent. Ask him to be disciplined and hold in front of the defence and I think we'll be much better.

Heckingbottom somehow thought he could get away without playing any midfielder with defensive qualities. It’s absolutely ruined us this season. Add in the fact that he’s signed some really shite players in other key positions then we’re onto a loser. Need to scrape through till January and go for a huge overhaul, which always ends well. 
Dont see the change in manager having much of an effect here. Still saying a Saints win. 

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Game day, let's get right intae these c***s Saints. f**k hibs. 

You're up early.

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I had a dream it was 2-2 which shows you how hyperrealistically lucid my dreams are

Tbf in the past four seasons theres only been one meeting where both teams havent scored. And both defences look shite this season.

Bit of a season-defining fixture for us last season (losing against 10 men was probably the nail in the coffin of top 6 for us), could be again this year. 

3 on the bounce please Saints - same lineup as last 2 matches. Murray looked in good form when seen strolling up Jeanfield Road a couple of days ago, so him and McCann to dominate the Hibs pea-hearted central midfield.  Matty to get Porteous sent off. MOH and Hendrie on for the last half hour, one of them to get the 3rd goal. 

3-1 Saints. 

I've a feeling we'll change things, but happy to be corrected. Two up top with Cain joining Mae. Mattie and Spoonie on the wings, Davison and Holte central. 

17 minutes ago, Templar said:

I would play the same team again. Why change after two wins? 

Maybe Hibs will play a different formation that will exploit ours? Maybe one of those left out will be more effective?

1 hour ago, Templar said:

I would play the same team again. Why change after two wins? 

Because he believes that different players are better suited to tackling Hibernian?

There is no exact science to this. I've seen managers keep the same team after a win and it doesn't work, I've seen them change the team and hindsight suggests they shouldn't have. 

Unfortunately for managers, a positive result in a game like this is generally the only way they are seen to have made the right call.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Because he believes that different players are better suited to tackling Hibernian?

There is no exact science to this. I've seen managers keep the same team after a win and it doesn't work, I've seen them change the team and hindsight suggests they shouldn't have. 

Unfortunately for managers, a positive result in a game like this is generally the only way they are seen to have made the right call.

I can see an argument for change. To me we win this in the midfield, battling second ball and feeding the wings, with Muzz charging through the middle.  So maybe putting Kennedy back on the wing is an option. 

I don't think we need to alter the back 4. 

Therefore despite the fact it's possibly too easy for the opposition to predict, I'd go with the same team. You're right though, if we lose this with the same team there's the criticism that we were predictable, lose with a different team there's the old 'changing a winning team' moans. Can only win by winning.