St Johnstone vs Hibs

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I thought he'd gotten it but we'd definitely not beat Aberdeen the game after Hibs, so we'd need another fixture in there. He then however admits to fucking it up.....

That is what I meant but didn't feel it was worth getting into a debate over.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hecky’s not at the wheel any longer.

Aye, turns out just the threat of losing to St Johnstone is enough these days.

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Who'll be caretaker for Hibs?

According to Sky, it's Eddie May, Grant Murray and Steven Whittaker, up from just Eddie and Grant during the previous interregnum.

We're going back to management by committee, in true 19th century style...

I'm sure Hibs first game after punting Lennon last season was away to Saints (St Mirren), and they won pretty comfortably. 

This makes me worry.

22 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

No way would I change the team off the back of two wins. Keep it consistent with MOH and Swanson available to come off the bench if need be. Take the confidence from the last two into this and we could see off two managers in two weeks.

I agree, he will not start MOH, he has only played about 30mins in a month. He will have lost his match sharpness. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure Hibs first game after punting Lennon last season was away to Saints (St Mirren), and they won pretty comfortably. 

This makes me worry.

We played them with Eddie May in charge and strolled it. Not sure how soon it was after Lennon was gone though.

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We played them with Eddie May in charge and strolled it. Not sure how soon it was after Lennon was gone though.

They played 3 or 4 under May, won the first then got scudded in the rest.

I'm sure the St Mirren game was live on Sky as I remember watching it.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They played 3 or 4 under May, won the first then got scudded in the rest.

I'm sure the St Mirren game was live on Sky as I remember watching it.

Two wins (St Mirren, Raith), two defeats (Aberdeen, Celtic).

33 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

We actually have some pretty good players dotted about our squad.  Heckingbottom just had them playing extremely conservatively.  Give Allan, Mallan, Flo and Boyle free rein to attack and we could be a very different kettle of fish! 

From what I've seen, you're fucking wide open defensively so when you do attack, you either do something with it, or the opposing team ends up with a free run at your defence because your midfielders all in the opposite box.

Not convinced youd not be better off trying to tighten up a bit and allow the attacking players some freedom that doesnt kill you.

Heckingbottom somehow thought he could get away without playing any midfielder with defensive qualities. It’s absolutely ruined us this season. Add in the fact that he’s signed some really shite players in other key positions then we’re onto a loser. Need to scrape through till January and go for a huge overhaul, which always ends well. 

Dont see the change in manager having much of an effect here. Still saying a Saints win.