Forfar Athletic New Manager

Never any guarantee when appointing a new manager - past performances at different clubs can have no bearing on how things go with a new club.

Best of luck to Malcs though.  Obviously would love him to succeed and stabilise the club this season.

Usual disclaimer about not knowing how a managerial appointment is going to pan out but looks a poor choice from the outside. Mainly known for turning a perennially title challenging East Kilbride side into mid-table also rans in the Lowland League.

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is the first thing that came into my head :lol:

Sore one for Stevie Aitken, overlooked for a guy who hasn't managed above the Lowland League and is largely known for losing his shit in a fly on the wall documentary.

Poor wee Stevie must be regretting his behaviour after he left us.

24 minutes ago, microdave said:

Poor wee Stevie must be regretting his behaviour after he left us.

He's a strange case now I must admit. I honestly thought even after leaving us he'd still have a decent enough reputation in tact, but that's over a year he's been out the game now and is being overlooked for every job. He had to go from us, but I still thought he was a decent enough manager at this level, just one that had backed himself into a corner with the squad he built here. His smugness online when we lost to Stranraer wasn't a good look but I'm not sure that board rooms around the country would've even picked up on that. I'm not sure what's stopping clubs taking a chance on him.

I remember at the time he was sacked there was a few jobs going, such as Stirling Albion, that he turned his nose up at. I suspect he might regret that now as he looks more and more like the forgotten man.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's a strange case now I must admit. I honestly thought even after leaving us he'd still have a decent enough reputation in tact, but that's over a year he's been out the game now and is being overlooked for every job. He had to go from us, but I still thought he was a decent enough manager at this level, just one that had backed himself into a corner with the squad he built here. His smugness online when we lost to Stranraer wasn't a good look but I'm not sure that board rooms around the country would've even picked up on that. I'm not sure what's stopping clubs taking a chance on him.

I remember at the time he was sacked there was a few jobs going, such as Stirling Albion, that he turned his nose up at. I suspect he might regret that now as he looks more and more like the forgotten man.

Obviously he was one of the rumoured interviewees for us but I think geography may well have scuppered him for us in the end.

In truth I think we have a decent squad of players, proven at this level that need to get fit, organised and motivated. Hopefully Malcolm and his back room guys are the men for this, I can understand fans of other clubs being a bit surprised by the appointment but in his spells with us he was club captain and pretty well respected at all levels of the club. If nothing else he will have the fans on side for some time I would think. Will be interesting to see who is his assistant will be.

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Obviously he was one of the rumoured interviewees for us but I think geography may well have scuppered him for us in the end.

In truth I think we have a decent squad of players, proven at this level that need to get fit, organised and motivated. Hopefully Malcolm and his back room guys are the men for this, I can understand fans of other clubs being a bit surprised by the appointment but in his spells with us he was club captain and pretty well respected at all levels of the club. If nothing else he will have the fans on side for some time I would think. Will be interesting to see who is his assistant will be.

Where do Forfar train?

13 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Stennie and Perth I think.

8 minutes ago, loon74 said:

2 minutes from Stuart’s house on a Monday at stenny and station park Thursday

Fair enough, it's not too far for a Glasgow based guy to travel. Aitken's job at Rolls Royce was always pretty flexible too (I think he works nights). I can understand the Forfar boards decision here though, they clearly want someone respected at the club to come in and change attitudes.

12 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Not a wilson fan? 

Quite the opposite. .................3 years too fucking late. 

Sadly he has inherited Barry Smith's panic buys.   Only one I'd keep out of this lot is Shagger .......oh and McMinn is a decent keeper. 

You guys have done the right thing bringing in a management team with the club at heart . Unsure about Malcolm but Foxy and Sellars will certainly lift the spirits. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge