Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bairnardo

Falkirk v Airdrie

Recommended Posts

Those boos were delicious. Can anyone explain how Connor Sammon is a professional footballer? That Falkirk team is full of some absolute diddies.


There is one attack near the end where falkirk have good numbers forward and sammon tries to pass the ball on and only succeeds in sticking it out the park. I feel this bit of action was only put in to highlight how shite he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, el Gringo said:

Sitting editing highlights at 11:30 on a Saturday night is normally a bit of a pain in the arse, but on days like today I wouldn't have it any other way. Pure filth.

Good job my good man. 
Can you answer me one thing though that I cant tell from the highlights. See Crichton’s shot over the bar towards the end, he was appealing for a corner and I too thought their defender got a crucial touch to deflect it over the bar. Can you tell if he did or not? Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Good job my good man. 
Can you answer me one thing though that I cant tell from the highlights. See Crichton’s shot over the bar towards the end, he was appealing for a corner and I too thought their defender got a crucial touch to deflect it over the bar. Can you tell if he did or not? Cheers. 

Hard to tell, even in slo-mo. I thought it took a touch myself, but I also thought it was Carrick who hit it so maybe wasn't having my best day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Thought Falkirk looked exactly the same as the first time we played them. Had more of the ball and territory, but as mentioned I don't think Hutton made an actual save, all he had to do was just pick up lots of loose balls and punch/catch crosses. Whereas Mutch made a couple of good stops and we missed virtually an open goal.

Falkirk seem to try and play a possession style game to allow the full-backs to get forward and put crosses in. Against teams in this league that is playing in to most teams' hands as heading balls away is about all most defenders in this league can do. Plus when all your width comes from full-backs unless you are Liverpool the quality they are going to produce tends not to be the same as that of more naturally attacking wide players. Energetic ball winners in centre midfield and pace out wide is what is needed at this level, I've been crying out for us to try and get this for years rather than searching for the elusive 'creative midfielder' that actually isn't necessary at this level. Falkirk seem to have signed a few of these guys who are good players (Gomis particularly was class) but they probably aren't what Falkirk need given how every team is going to play against them. Like we did, teams will sit in and just watch them passing it side to side not going anywhere until the full-back hits a cross in.

I still think Falkirk will win the league, but the longer they go being stuck in a quagmire with 3 or 4 other teams and not pulling ahead the more the pressure will build and unease amongst the fans will increase, which is only going to make it even harder for them.

Well put my friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

Well put my friend

Eh we stuck with 3 5 2 front men wide and were pish play the ball on the deck stop throwing high balls to smalish forwards up against big centre halfs get a few fighters in midfield bit of thuggery just in case its required and throw the SFA coaching manual out the window and you have a winning combination league 1.... sorted you can get out this league through the playoffs as the Diamonds will win it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was striking how much Airdrie were going for the win.  I don't think anyone would deny that going to Falkirk and getting a point would be a creditable result, but going into the final stages we didn't run the clock down, we didn't bring on subs to shore up the defence, and at the free kick we had at the end and then the throw-in that led to the goal we had, I think, every man bar Hutton in the Falkirk half.   That shows a confidence we were sorely lacking only a month ago.

Edited by Tulloch Gorum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Eh we stuck with 3 5 2 front men wide and were pish play the ball on the deck stop throwing high balls to smalish forwards up against big centre halfs get a few fighters in midfield bit of thuggery just in case its required and throw the SFA coaching manual out the window and you have a winning combination league 1.... sorted you can get out this league through the playoffs as the Diamonds will win it 

Yes the change in tactics and personnel has pleased many of us like you who called for it. I know you want to have a wee wind up but ca canny on being league winners? See you at Stranraer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

You would think the Bankies had beaten Barcelona!

 

Barcelona Ladies maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

You would think the Bankies had beaten Barcelona!

 

 That last minute Bankies goal must have been like a right kick in the baws, ah? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes the change in tactics and personnel has pleased many of us like you who called for it. I know you want to have a wee wind up but ca canny on being league winners? See you at Stranraer.

Had mate on phone still buzzing from yesterday. We can only hope.

Sadly I cant get to the game next week shocking tactics from the woman in here as she has invited friends on Saturday... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Had mate on phone still buzzing from yesterday. We can only hope.

Sadly I cant get to the game next week shocking tactics from the woman in here as she has invited friends on Saturday... 

Hope I can send you good news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bizarre question put to Ian McShane in the post match interview. Basically asking him if it’s frustrating that teams come and sit back and let Falkirk try break them down. Why would teams do anything other than that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bizarre question put to Ian McShane in the post match interview. Basically asking him if it’s frustrating that teams come and sit back and let Falkirk try break them down. Why would teams do anything other than that?

Not unlike McKinnon grumbling about the long throws.  Teams generally try to do what works to get the result they want.  If you can't stop them doing that, that's on you.   It reminds me of the apocryphal story of Hannibal sending a messenger to Fabius, who was pursuing a guerilla strategy and hiding in the mountains, saying "If you were a man you would come out and fight in the open."  Fabius supposedly sent a message back saying "If were a general you could make me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

 That last minute Bankies goal must have been like a right kick in the baws, ah? 

As far as 'baw kickings' go, as a Falkirk supporter this barely registers on the 'baw-kicking-o-meter'.

I mean, well played and all that, but ffs get a sense of context.

Airdrie beat a team that was 2 point ahead of them in the league, a team that has no heart at all and are weighed down by easily the worst manager in the league (if not Scotland), and some of you lot are having a whip round for an open top bus.

I could see the point if we were playing well and were running away with the league, but the result wasn't completely unexpected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

As far as 'baw kickings' go, as a Falkirk supporter this barely registers on the 'baw-kicking-o-meter'.

I mean, well played and all that, but ffs get a sense of context.

Airdrie beat a team that was 2 point ahead of them in the league, a team that has no heart at all and are weighed down by easily the worst manager in the league (if not Scotland), and some of you lot are having a whip round for an open top bus.

I could see the point if we were playing well and were running away with the league, but the result wasn't completely unexpected. 

Where are all these posts that are out of context?   You're very sensitive.  Perhaps because you were beaten by another  "pub team" again?  Perhaps because  you thought your team would stroll the league and it isn't happening? Who knows. Anyway, I'll let you get on with wallowing in your self-pity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bizarre question put to Ian McShane in the post match interview. Basically asking him if it’s frustrating that teams come and sit back and let Falkirk try break them down. Why would teams do anything other than that?

Ian mcshane is an ugly b*****d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In complete seriousness, this is a small watershed moment for Airdrie. For the last 5/6 years we've put little runs together and then it's fallen when we've been tested and had a chance to kick on. But not this time. The kids are through with the ACEs, the battling spirit was there and we've done the "mighty" Falkirk at their own Stadium. Go crowd w**k that one you mutant accented bawbags!

hahaahahhahahahhaahahahahahaha oaft jesus christ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...