Falkirk v Airdrie

8 minutes ago, lulu said:

What is wrong with the Union flag in this country ?? , if we took foreign flags to games I could understand it , it’s the flag of the United Kingdom we take to games... if that’s a problem ... it’s yours not ours

Guessing you only made the game today cause your team is playing tomorrow?

10 minutes ago, lulu said:

What is wrong with the Union flag in this country ?? , if we took foreign flags to games I could understand it , it’s the flag of the United Kingdom we take to games... if that’s a problem ... it’s yours not ours

ok boomer

2 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Ooooffftt! Can of worms there as our own support is split on that!

There was a real mix of flags from what I’ve see. Some red and white saltires with Airdrie badges, some Union Flags (maybe 2) and a brilliant Donald Trump one. Looks a bit better than empty seats though!

Fair enough, looked a complete whitewash of Union Jack flags from where I was. I haven’t said a word about it, just didn’t understand if it was a conscious thing your lot did 

No , my team was playing today .. you are one of those snowflakes who like to be offended at anything you can think of
if you are offended by the flag of your country then you have a problem
We are Airdrieonians and proud of all that comes with it ...

41 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Alright, I’ll bite.

Airdrie fans were on very good form today. Only thing that could be “incorrectly” associated with that comment

To the tune of Marching Through Georgia

Hello Hello You Are The Airdrie Boys
Hello Hello You’ll know is by our noise
We’re up to our knees in Motherwell Blood
Surrender or you’ll die
We are the mental Airdrie Boys

Lots of clubs sing that. Man U, Killie, Dundee United etc. Rangers sing a very different lyric. That shouldn’t stop anyone else singing it.

I’m sure there was a thread about “we are the steeple” which burnt all of our eyes!

I'm not arguing with lyrics mate, I'm arguing with singing songs that are associated with bigots. I's personally be mortified if Falkirk supporters started that pish. I don't agree with fans of other clubs singing their songs either.

I didn't like the 'we are the steeple' stuff when it was sung but it was started to take the pish out of Sevco, and it worked. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think it was sung other than against the bigot brothers.

Other than that I thought your fans were excellent today. The type of stuff that spurs a team on, which it certainly did.

That’s easily the best away support, noise wise, we’ve had for a good few seasons now. The last minute winner looked absolutely carnage, fair play! Falkirk take UJs to games as well, it will always split the fans and the discussion has been done to death. 

I thought we started the game pretty well today with Airdrie scoring against the run of play. After the goal our bottle collapsed and we looked lost for any ideas going forward and no real game plan. Did Hutton have a save to make? 

I made a rare appearance in the main stand today instead of the south and watched the two managers closely. Absolutely worlds apart as Murray was constantly at the touch line barking orders and showing encouragement whilst Ray looked fucking lost. Empty him, now.

Edited by wee_bairn